@ 89Min 31Secs Of The Game Tonight

The guy has got mental issues and needs help. Hopefully he gets that during his 4 months ban. Gordon strachan was spot on there on itv, there are no morals in football. Clubs all around the globe we have wife beaters, adulters, alcoholics , ect ect but the fans of the clubs clap them onto the park and even idolise them. He also stated that if it was a pro youth player he would have been sacked, but cos it's a star player, a wee ban and a stupid fine.

If he loses his appeal then they should double his ban. I honestly think they are only doing it cos he can play. They know as well he did it.

• Like 1

Puns. What is it with you people and puns? You know they exist in only the dessicated dusty mausoleum of crap comedy?

Jesus. You should all be wheeled away to the morgue.

Or, as soon as a thread degenerates into punnery - the heat-death of interest - the mods should label it as such, allowing us to STEER A WIDE F**KING BERTH.

• Like 1

Puns. What is it with you people and puns? You know they exist in only the dessicated dusty mausoleum of crap comedy?

Jesus. You should all be wheeled away to the morgue.

Or, as soon as a thread degenerates into punnery - the heat-death of interest - the mods should label it as such, allowing us to STEER A WIDE F**KING BERTH.

Well, Mr Serious, I take it you're only joking about being "wheeled away to the morgue"? So I take it that's your idea of non mausoleum non crap comedy?

• Like 1

What about breaking someones leg with an over the top tackle maybe ending the players career.

Would that player be hounded from a club or from the game?

I don't think so

The big Italian soft as feck defender rolled about all game holding his face at one time saying he was elbowed.trying to get a fellow professional sent off when it was quite clear from the replay he wasn't touched.

This is also disgusting behaviour and although Suarez was totally wrong in what he done, he did target the guy who deserved some kind of payback for his behaviour in the game.

I don't see why he can't stay with Liverpool but no doubt everyone will have it in for him due to the main reason which was putting Engerland to the sword.

I must say I agree with what you are saying here.

Suarez was obviously wrong in what he did (again) and he now faces a lengthy ban. There really is nothing to compare this with apart from his own previous and, with three different bodies deciding on the punishment it is difficult to say whether the ban is suitable or not i.e. should it be longer, just country etc.

I just think the over reaction from some quarters is ridiculous. Yes, he has has now done it three times. I really don't know what is wrong with the guy or how he thinks he can get away with it, he obviously has a problem. However, if I'm playing football and you give me the choice of someone biting my shoulder or going in to a tackle with me, studs up, over the ball that could potentially end my career or give me a serious injury, I am going to choose the former.

In no way am I defending him, I'm just saying given the choice I know what I would go for.

I must say I agree with what you are saying here.

Suarez was obviously wrong in what he did (again) and he now faces a lengthy ban. There really is nothing to compare this with apart from his own previous and, with three different bodies deciding on the punishment it is difficult to say whether the ban is suitable or not i.e. should it be longer, just country etc.

I just think the over reaction from some quarters is ridiculous. Yes, he has has now done it three times. I really don't know what is wrong with the guy or how he thinks he can get away with it, he obviously has a problem. However, if I'm playing football and you give me the choice of someone biting my shoulder or going in to a tackle with me, studs up, over the ball that could potentially end my career or give me a serious injury, I am going to choose the former.

In no way am I defending him, I'm just saying given the choice I know what I would go for.

I certainly will not defend him for biting and unbelieveable to think he has now done this 3 times that we know of.

No idea what punishment is suitable for him and it's just something that we struggle to believe can happen in a football match and a high profile game at that.

Spitting is another thing that infuriates us in this country and diving (cheating) etc but doesn't seem to be frowned upon in other countries in the same way as it is here.

If i was playing football and was spat on it would be alot worse than someone trying to bite me on the pitch

In my case playing at a lower level i was on the end of a challenge that dislocated my ankle, broke my leg in two places and severed an ankle ligament.

I still cringe all these years later when i see a serious injury on a football pitch and even worse when it's been a poor challenge that has caused it.

This is why i will always put things into perspective and i wish the guy who tackled me had decided to bite me instead. :D

Players like Celtic's John Kennedy suffered what turned out to be a career ending injury playing for Scotland against Romania and the player who assaulted him got away with it.

Hopefully Suarez can get the help he needs to sort himself out to never repeat those actions again and goes on to do what he does best which is being a fantastic footballer.

Getting things in perspective, there's something obscene and profoundly disturbing about a top quality, high profile professional footballer who repeatedly bites opposing players. All this 'he was born and brought up in a tough neighbourhood in Montivideo, and it's a manifestation of the survival instincts he developed there' bollox doesn't do anybody any favours; if all latter day pro footballers were from middle class and public school backgrounds AND it was his first biting offence then maybe.

He needs help? WTF did he and clubs make of the first and second lengthy suspensions he incurred for exactly the same offence? Listening to his gibberish that the latest bite wasn't intentional just tells me he's a nut job who has no regret for what he's done and is perfectly capable of doing it again in the future.

Biting might be physically less harmful than a fracture-threatening tackle, but is no less inappropriate, in my opinion. The comparison is worthless. Imagine there was another star striker out there who had a propensity to 'expose himself' as a goal celebration every year or two - no physical damage done to anybody, so would it be punished with yellow cards, or maybe a wee fine. I'll wager the third offence in front of the world's media would attract a minimum one year ban. Just saying.

• Like 1

I certainly will not defend him for biting and unbelieveable to think he has now done this 3 times that we know of.

No idea what punishment is suitable for him and it's just something that we struggle to believe can happen in a football match and a high profile game at that.

Spitting is another thing that infuriates us in this country and diving (cheating) etc but doesn't seem to be frowned upon in other countries in the same way as it is here.

If i was playing football and was spat on it would be alot worse than someone trying to bite me on the pitch

In my case playing at a lower level i was on the end of a challenge that dislocated my ankle, broke my leg in two places and severed an ankle ligament.

I still cringe all these years later when i see a serious injury on a football pitch and even worse when it's been a poor challenge that has caused it.

This is why i will always put things into perspective and i wish the guy who tackled me had decided to bite me instead. :D

Players like Celtic's John Kennedy suffered what turned out to be a career ending injury playing for Scotland against Romania and the player who assaulted him got away with it.

Hopefully Suarez can get the help he needs to sort himself out to never repeat those actions again and goes on to do what he does best which is being a fantastic footballer.

I don't think you could ever expect football authorities to "get it right". Someone goes in with a rash tackle that if connected would be a leg breaker (attempted assault), due penalty a red card. Someone deliberately handles the ball then later waves his top about in celebration, due result a red card. That's hardly fair punishment from a comparable point of view but I wouldn't know where to start to make all footballing crimes equitable. The Law at large cannot get it right so I can't really expect a football authority to do any better.

Just about every football punishment will be questionable in scale.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1