@ 89Min 31Secs Of The Game Tonight

The guy in question lives down South and works for a F1 Team.

He was at the last WC in South Africa giving out second hand football tops to disadvantaged children and was doing the same in Brazil.

He watched England get beat against Germany in the last WC so this is nothing new other than he is in Scotland gear this time and the whole world seen him in it.

http://www.telegraph...2-1-defeat.html

Edited by billko

The guy in question lives down South and works for a F1 Team.

He was at the last WC in South Africa giving out second hand football tops to disadvantaged children and was doing the same in Brazil.

He watched England get beat against Germany in the last WC so this is nothing new other than he is in Scotland gear this time and the whole world seen him in it.

http://www.telegraph...2-1-defeat.html

"...a tartan hat with tufts of orange hair..." Oh dear!

Vote YES!!

Costa Rica were excelent showing skill, passion, great game awareness and everyone working their socks off for the cause against Italy.

The so called superstars of England lacked most of the above.

England going out will no doubt have this chap celebrating again but his WC is also over now with England going out.

It just won't be the same putting on the Jimmy hat and awful away top with England not there.

Still got the last game for him to have a wee gloat and maybe he will get the gear on one more time as he supports Costa Rica

Costa Rica were excelent showing skill, passion, great game awareness and everyone working their socks off for the cause against Italy.

England going out will no doubt have this chap celebrating again but his WC is also over now with England going out.

It just won't be the same putting on the Jimmy hat and awful away top with England not there.

Still got the last game for him to have a wee gloat and maybe he will get the gear on one more time as he supports Costa Rica

You seem upset, Sarge.

Possibly before the WC started, Costa Rica were given no chance, but even after they beat Uruguay the pundits still expected them not to qualify. At World Cups, I only expect Brazil,Argentina,Germany and maybe Holland to make it through to the latter stages. At this World Cup it is maybe not surprising that almost all of the South American and Central American teams are playing well.

Possibly before the WC started, Costa Rica were given no chance, but even after they beat Uruguay the pundits still expected them not to qualify.

even less than 12 hours before the italy costa rica game, the pundits south of the border were dismissive of costa rica.

this for example is symptomatic of how the english viewed the group unfolding, this time yesterday .....

The equation is this. If Italy and Costa Rica draw on Friday then England can book the early flight home. If Italy beat Costa Rica and Uruguay then England survive if they beat Costa Rica and rack up the required goal difference.

from http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27935089

the fact they didn't even mention (in the above equation, or anywhere in the (very long and detailed) article), let alone consider the fact that if costa rica won, it was all over, is both shocking journalism and truly embarrassing arrogance. no, it was all about italy, costa rica were no hopers for a win, just look at lineker and his italian shirt (thought bbc were supposed to be unbiased?). the arrogance of the english media continues to be the gift that keeps giving. chiles, lineker and all other english pundits faces were tripping them last night and today.

glorious karma.

as one of them said last night "we never saw that result coming". what a tool.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 2

Personally, while I don't watch the pundits talking drivel myself, I don't understand why the BBC should be expected to be unbiased. Aren't all countries' media biased towards their own country? And while I realise the BBC represents more than only England, the fact remains that no other home nations were there.

• Like 1

He apparently adopted Uruguay as his 2nd team some years ago and has been following them for a while. As Scotland haven't qualified for a while he's making the best of it! His world cup is still going and good on him for enjoying the carnival atmosphere of major tournaments, not a bad idea and just happened that england and Uruguay are in the same group. Next world cup lets hope Scotland and Uruguay are not drawn together.

Aye well, put it this way, Chiellini went down clutching his shoulder, Suarez went down clutching his teeth.

The Italian was then keen to show the whole world bite marks on his shoulder and they were there on the pictures that I seen.

If I was him i'd charge the Uruguayan with GBH, get the evidence confirmed.

He shouldn't play another game in this World Cup IMO.

Brings back memories of the Uruguayan barstewards that spat and kicked their way to a 0-0 with Scotland in Mexico '86.

Disgusting behaviour, there's nae place for that in fitba'.

• Like 1

I would ban Chiellini for the 3 occassions he feigned injury rolling around clutching his face trying to get players sent off.

I cringe with some of the antics in the game today and hate seeing players fall over at every opportunity they get.

No place for biting though and Suarez deserves banned for it.