U16S Free For Home And Away Fans

Fawlty Towers

It appears that all U16s will be admitted for free this season:

http://ptfc.co.uk/matchday/admission_prices

I know there was something mentioned about U16s pricing at the meeting held over the North Stand issue but good to see that we wlll be taking this approach.

On a seperate note has another meeting been arranged as the notes from the last one stated there would be one arranged once the fixtures were announced?

the U16s "pricing" is basically that you have to pay £25 for a season ticket outwith the Kids Zone .... i.e. if you want your kids to sit next to you in any part of the JHS, except the zone reserved for 16s.

There has been zero contact (as far as I am aware) to arrange another meeting/ consultation/ update ....

There was a promise of another meeting before the season started. It was also promised that plenty of notice would be given this time so that all parties could properly consult with the wider fanbase and prepare for the meeting.

So far, nothing. Which I'm sure will be a massive shock to everyone.

perhaps the reps could contact the club, and request that the promise made in may is fulfilled, and a meeting arranged forthwith?

if the club isn't going to be proactive and engage with the reps, whats stopping the reps being proactive and engaging with the club to ensure promises made are adhered to?

As a member of the wider fan base I feel no meeting is needed before the season and support the BOD, team and fellow fans in their positive support of the club.

As an inclusive club that looks to communicate as closely as possible with its fans we agree with this and can definitely see the merits of regular periods of consultation. With this in mind, a date for the next meeting will be communicated in due course based on the announcement of fixture dates for next season.

As a member of the wider fan base I feel no meeting is needed before the season and support the BOD, team and fellow fans in their positive support of the club.

Good for you, but that's not the point. You may not think there is any need for a meeting, but the club promised us that there would be.

I think there are several issues "off the park" which need to be addressed before the season starts.

Matchday operations - With G4S taking over the stewarding, I would like to hear what their stewarding policy will be. I would like some assurances that we will not be over run with jobsworths who will be intent on ruining the matchday experience like we've seen at so many other clubs around Scotland in recent years. I would like them to be fully briefed on how the north stand works in terms of standing. I would also like to know if we will have the same stewards (give or take) for the duration of the season or if the staff will be rotated on a weekly basis.

G4S are a massive company, it would be easy for them to be somewhat complacent on what will be a fairly small contract in their vast portfolio. They haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently either. I think it's only fair that we as fans seek some assurances before the season starts.

Catering - Again, we have a new company coming in, it would be good to hear how they will improve things and how they will handle things like queue management, staff training etc. Making sure they don't run out of certain things before kick off is always a good place to start.

Communication of club business - A few people have mentioned that once again, club business is being relaid to the fans through whispers and gossip on a one to one basis rather than through the proper communication channels. Those who made the journey over to Spain for the 2 games there reported that Piccolo was being sent out on loan for the whole season. This news apparently came directly from David Beattie himself. This really is amateur type stuff, the kind of thing you would expect from a junior club, not one who are looking to carve out a new image as a professional outfit.

So yes, a meeting before the season starts would be beneficial - apart from anything else it would be nice to see the club keep the promise that was made in May.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that the Club have changed their mind as the link in my original post now shows away U16s are to pay £5. Whilst this is what was in place last season I am annoyed. My annoyance is not with the actual pricing it is with the fact someone at the club has put incorrect info on the website then after realising what has happened sneaked out the change. If people make a mistake (I know I make plenty) then hold your hands up and admit it then correct it - don't try and be smart and sneaky about it.

As it appears that people from the club do read this forum and act on what they see so if someone at Firhill could please get the official website updated as we are nearly at the start of the season and it is hugely out of date - thanks!

It appears that the Club have changed their mind as the link in my original post now shows away U16s are to pay £5. Whilst this is what was in place last season I am annoyed. My annoyance is not with the actual pricing it is with the fact someone at the club has put incorrect info on the website then after realising what has happened sneaked out the change. If people make a mistake (I know I make plenty) then hold your hands up and admit it then correct it - don't try and be smart and sneaky about it.

As it appears that people from the club do read this forum and act on what they see so if someone at Firhill could please get the official website updated as we are nearly at the start of the season and it is hugely out of date - thanks!

Maybe someone could mention that at the promised upcoming quarterly supporters group consultation meeting. Oh, hang on a minute.