Under 20's Win

Dug1e

Hmm, wonder if Colina is still injured - I think I recall reading that he was injured for the training camp to Spain? I think we all had high hopes for him when he signed, shame he doesn't appear to have been able to kick on and push for a place in the first team. From reports here he's not even one of the best players in the U20's (although, from same reports, he's not bad - just not as good as others)

Big season for him I'd imagine...

I get the feeling that although our under 20 team seem to be pretty impressive, an even more promising batch of players sit below them in the under 18's/16s etc.

Would be great if we could finally start producing our own players and becoming like a Falkirk or something.

It's pretty scandalous that a club of our size has produced so few players. I've been going to games for 15 years and can count on one hand the amount that have came through and been any good.

We seem in good hands though. I'm told Scott Allison is a very impressive guy, and Britton seems very good at youth level too. PLEASING.

This.

I'm not sure if any of the current u20s will make it with us, or at this level, but I'm certain a number of them will make something in the game in the senior ranks. Even that is a big step up from previous years.

The boys below them though seem potentially to be very talented. If we can get a steady stream making first team squads in future years it will be a huge benefit to our club.

How great would it be if one of our youth players went on to represent Scotland and make a career in one of the big leagues at some stage?

I get the feeling that although our under 20 team seem to be pretty impressive, an even more promising batch of players sit below them in the under 18's/16s etc.

Would be great if we could finally start producing our own players and becoming like a Falkirk or something.

It's pretty scandalous that a club of our size has produced so few players. I've been going to games for 15 years and can count on one hand the amount that have came through and been any good.

We seem in good hands though. I'm told Scott Allison is a very impressive guy, and Britton seems very good at youth level too. PLEASING.

who told you that,'' HIMSELF''..........with guys like him at the helm of youth,you won't get much more coming through either.in the words of DEL BOY TROTTER,the guys a PLONKER......... Edited by outsider

who told you that,'' HIMSELF''..........with guys like him at the helm of youth,you won't get much more coming through either.in the words of DEL BOY TROTTER,the guys a PLONKER.........

Would be nice to really know what you base this on.

If it's a son or relative who didn't make the grade then that's football and not everyone can make the step up and each coach/ HOY will have different opinions on players.

I can only comment on what i have seen of the Academy, the 17's squad Scott takes in training and the recent results the Academy (especially at the 17's / 20's age groups) has been getting and it's all been very positive.

If it's because you have worked with him and experienced his coaching methods then maybe you could enlighten us a bit more to what he does so wrong, for you direct the level of criticism you give him in every thread he is mentioned in.

Edited by billko

who told you that,'' HIMSELF''..........with guys like him at the helm of youth,you won't get much more coming through either.in the words of DEL BOY TROTTER,the guys a PLONKER.........

If you explained what you based it on you might have some credibility even with the OTT language you use. lacking that you come over as a troll. Or a twat.

Billko >> He doesn't criticise him .. he just goes on a rant. And since that's all he's done each time it seems unlikely you're going to see any real explanation.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

All your posts on the forum so far seem to be negative about Scott Allison. By all means inform us of the background..

Worked at 2 previous clubs with great reputation for producing first team players and no disrespect to coaches at these clubs,as there are some really top coaches,but Scott Allison streets ahead.

Always going to get disgruntled parents of boy that get let go but to come on a forum and talk nonsense about the guy months after your boy was let go is out of order.Maybe you should concentrate more of your time with your boys development at his new club.