50/50 Tickets For Season 14/15

Fawlty Towers

Fawlty, do you know if the money raised is simply ringfenced for our "Youth Development" or something more detailed within?

Thought it was an excellent idea initially as the fans/contributors can see where it's going to and hopefully see the fruits now appearing. With the Weir's tremendous support of our youth set up perhaps some may now see proceeds from 50/50 contributions considerably diluted. Purely from a PR/marketing angle I feel it would be better to have the funds further ringfenced somewhere within Youth Development. Targeting something specific and/or tangible rather than general is more likely to maximise 50/50 sales.

As to what the money raised is used for, let me speak to the club and I will get back to you.

Anything ever come of this?

Today's winning numbers were:

1st (£439): 212252

2nd (Mystery): 213975

Thanks for your support in what is an expensive month as it is very much appreciated.

In regards to what the funds are used for, apologies for not getting back to you on this. They will remain ring fenced for youth development for the remainder of this season and we can look at it again in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to what the funds are used for, apologies for not getting back to you on this. They will remain ring fenced for youth development for the remainder of this season and we can look at it again in the summer.

Cheers for the update, albeit I think this misses the point a little. I think it's great that the funds are used for youth development - in my opinion this should continue indefinitely - however it would be great to know what they're being used for within youth development. Do we have any targets for this funding - i.e. £X will find a youth team for a year, £Y will buy new kits etc... and targets for what we hope to achieve and how we're progressing against that? It may be a small thing but I think if the club was announcing this at the same time as announcing the prizes it might nudge a few people to buy a ticket who usually wouldn't - it simply makes the contribution feel a little more real.

Happy to be ignored - I'm mindful it's very easy to say these things when it's not me doing the work around it (which you do very well by the way)

Cheers for the update, albeit I think this misses the point a little. I think it's great that the funds are used for youth development - in my opinion this should continue indefinitely - however it would be great to know what they're being used for within youth development. Do we have any targets for this funding - i.e. £X will find a youth team for a year, £Y will buy new kits etc... and targets for what we hope to achieve and how we're progressing against that? It may be a small thing but I think if the club was announcing this at the same time as announcing the prizes it might nudge a few people to buy a ticket who usually wouldn't - it simply makes the contribution feel a little more real.

Happy to be ignored - I'm mindful it's very easy to say these things when it's not me doing the work around it (which you do very well by the way)

That seems like a good idea to me. Let the punters know what specific uses the 50/50 money will go towards for the youths, and if possible, periodical updates on when/whether the targets have been met.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was a little mistake last evening - the first prize is £387 not £287 as announced so better news for the winner. The winning numbers were:

1st - 217546

2nd - 217900

I would also like to say that last night there was a very touching act of kindness directed towards myself, I won't go in to details, but it just reaffirmed what we all know - Jags fans are the best.

Thanks for your support and see you on the 30th.

• Like 1