50/50 Tickets For Season 14/15

Fawlty Towers

Just to remind you (not that you would forget) that tickets will be on sale during the course of the season starting tomorrow evening. The profits from the draws are specifically for youth development and we have all seen over recent weeks how things are progressing on that front.

Your support over the last few seasons has been excellent and it is very much appreciated. We hope that you will be able to continue with that over the course of this season and together we can raise as much as possible for our great club.

Thanks.

Do you know how much this raised last season?

Also, is it only me that has a problem finding someone to buy them from within the North Stand area around 10 minutes before kick off? Is there a particular location that the seller stands at that I'm not aware of? If not, should there be? This goes for programmes too.

I appreciate it's volunteers by the way, and if there's not always someone there then fair enough - but lack of visibility (with the blame either on me or the seller) has led to me not buying either for a fair wee while.

Do you know how much this raised last season?

Also, is it only me that has a problem finding someone to buy them from within the North Stand area around 10 minutes before kick off? Is there a particular location that the seller stands at that I'm not aware of? If not, should there be? This goes for programmes too.

I appreciate it's volunteers by the way, and if there's not always someone there then fair enough - but lack of visibility (with the blame either on me or the seller) has led to me not buying either for a fair wee while.

Last season we generated just under £12,500 for youth development at the club which was an increase of over £3,000 on the previous season.

In terms of the North Stand there is normally someone selling there but at which location I don't know but I will find out. Unfortunately with it still being holiday time for some people we won't have someone there this evening but moving forward we aim to have someone at all the usual spots during the season.

Thanks for your support!

Tickets will be on sale as usual at Saturday's match against Hamilton. The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that the tickets for our first two games did not have a sponsor but that will be rectified on Saturday. It will be a different sponsor but I won't spoil the suprise for you.

Thanks for the support so far and lets continue to raise as much as possible for youth development at our club.

• 2 weeks later...

Fawlty, do you know if the money raised is simply ringfenced for our "Youth Development" or something more detailed within?

Thought it was an excellent idea initially as the fans/contributors can see where it's going to and hopefully see the fruits now appearing. With the Weir's tremendous support of our youth set up perhaps some may now see proceeds from 50/50 contributions considerably diluted. Purely from a PR/marketing angle I feel it would be better to have the funds further ringfenced somewhere within Youth Development. Targeting something specific and/or tangible rather than general is more likely to maximise 50/50 sales.

Fawlty, do you know if the money raised is simply ringfenced for our "Youth Development" or something more detailed within?

Thought it was an excellent idea initially as the fans/contributors can see where it's going to and hopefully see the fruits now appearing. With the Weir's tremendous support of our youth set up perhaps some may now see proceeds from 50/50 contributions considerably diluted. Purely from a PR/marketing angle I feel it would be better to have the funds further ringfenced somewhere within Youth Development. Targeting something specific and/or tangible rather than general is more likely to maximise 50/50 sales.

And potentially having a specific target - i.e. we want to afford something in particular, or need £X per year to continue an initiative - it would then be possible to show progress against this throughout the season and potentially get more sales as we strive to reach the target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tickets will be on sale at Saturday's game. Remember that this season the tickets are sponsored by Pizza Express and even if you don't win on the day you can still use your ticket to get a discount at Pizza Express.

Lets make sure the winner of the first prize gets as large a prize as possibe.

Thanks for your support!

That's a very decent figure. Hopefully it can be bettered!

We are a little behind in terms of the average first prize this season but that is down to the smaller crowds compared to the fixtures we had at the start of last season but I am confident that as crowds increase the prizes will increase and we will get to where we want to be.

The winning numbers from today were:

1st (£490): 208316

2nd (Mystery): 208052

Thanks again for your support and remember that even if you did not win today your ticket can get you a discount at Pizza Express.

It is a few weeks until our next home game so put your pound coins aside until then!

• 4 weeks later...

The first prize today was £385 and the winning numbers were:

1st: 210629

2nd: 211187

Apologies to those who normally buy their tickets at the South End of the JH Stand but we had a late call off so it took us a bit of time to get the sub on so some of you who were in early may have missed out - sorry! Also, I am sure you would all join me in wishing Donna a speedy recovery.

Thanks again for your support!