Transfer Deadline Day

Juanito

Ronnie MacKay from Sun just tweeted no more ins or outs at Thistle. You can start greetin again.

Why don't you start us off? Or are you quite happy with the squad options?

Seaborne gets injured we're left with Muirhead & Balatoni.

Higginbotham injured.... I dread to think!!

Pretty poor from us if that's it. If we were looking at these Sunderland kids then I'd say that's a sign the manager not happy with his squad/ money still available.

So we missed out on yet more targets?

Let's be honest this has been a very poor window. It's clear Archie feels the need to strengthen on what we have but for whatever reason we have failed to do so.

Fingers crossed we keep everyone fit and that all the new guys prove to be of sufficient quality.

He has also emphasised TODAY.

So I am happy to wait and see.

No matter who Archie's signs or doesn't there are morons on here who will have a go anyway.

We all know there will be free agents available tomorrow. Problem being the ones that are half decent will be looking for £££.

We haven't spent all Summer, why tomorrow?

Toshney had his registration cancelled by Celtic, he's already in a bidding war between Hibs & Hearts.

I'd be more surprised if something happened.

Just waiting for confirmation of which team our new signing will be loaned out to, or will he simply be consigned to the bench with our other striker, since we don't seem to believe in playing football games with a striker on the pitch.

Still 4 hours till transfer window closes. Plenty of time to get deals done and strengthen the squad.

You're a Summer and a Winter in a day!

Does that not go without saying?

Well of course but I think we lack a bit of strength in depth and that beyond our first 11 we have players who aren't quite up to the level we are playing at.

Who?

Unless I'm misreading Maxi's tweet it seems more than one Sunderland player?

He has also emphasised TODAY.

So I am happy to wait and see.

No matter who Archie's signs or doesn't there are morons on here who will have a go anyway.

And I'd say it's better than the comparable window last year and, possibly, January. Does that make them very very very poor and very very poor, respectively?

Certainly better than this time last season but let's not forget the team we had then weren't good enough for this league. Our January window increased our quality in every part of the team and we ended up on a par with the rest of the bottom six, although still finishing 10th.

My opinion on this window is more in frustration at what we've heard from the club, mainly the significantly increased budget and subsequent quality of player we could attract yet Archie clearly being annoyed at missing out on targets. Very poor is probably a bit too harsh but I'd just finished a game of football and discovered the two signings I had expected to have joined and fell through.

I don't think we have a divine right to expect top 6 or the like due to how poor the rest of the league is but I hoped at the start of the Summer that we would see a team of increased ability throughout and could really hope to push on and have a more comfortable season and look to establish ourselves at this level for the first time in a generation. As it is I think we are about a similar level to that which finished last season. I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong and I'll be the first person to admit if I am.

We are good enough to stay up and are witnessing one of the best Jags team in my lifetime, however we can still hope for more in my opinion.

Anyway it's essentially over, let's all get behind the guys and hope for a successful campaign*.

*10th will always be objectively a successful season for us

Why don't you start us off? Or are you quite happy with the squad options?

Seaborne gets injured we're left with Muirhead & Balatoni.

Higginbotham injured.... I dread to think!!

Pretty poor from us if that's it. If we were looking at these Sunderland kids then I'd say that's a sign the manager not happy with his squad/ money still available.

FFS. Sometimes this forum just does my head in. You show me a manager who IS happy with his squad and I will show you a manager who should be sacked on the spot. Man City and Real Madrid enquire about Falcao and don't get him, therefore Pellegrini and Ancelloti are not happy with their squads and the whole transfer window is written off as a disaster :white_flag:

I would be surprised if Thistle had not contacted every English Premier League club to see if there were any loan options. It is called ambition. I am sure that there were deals that could have been done, every player has his price, but for one reason or another, the club management did not think that they would improve the squad sufficently for the cost to bring them in.

Now I am not saying that I am totally happy. I would have liked to see another central defender, but what I am, is very pleased that we didn't just jump at the first player that came available. We had a good look at Barr and the Gateshead boy who's name I forget, but for one reason or another, they were deemed as not improving the squad over Conrad or Aero to warrant the cost of bringing them in. Long may we continue looking at players and long may the manager, who ever that is, continue to think that the squad could be improved.

• Like 2