Team For Hamilton

ThickAsThieves

Haud on. It's not about being a better fan. It's about commenting on something you've actually watched. It's farcical.

The equaliser today was completely different to those other games. The players did the textbook thing. Ran balls into corners. Held it. Won it back. Got rid when required. Sometimes you are undone by a great strike and it happened today. Then again, if you weren't there, why am I wasting time explaining it?

Personally, I've learned from last season. Better to take the point than lose the game.

As for Fox. I prefer Gallacher. However I don't think Fox could have done much more today. Maybe a tad slow at the second a mate said(I wasn't sure). That's being really harsh.

if u had been to every other game that we've lost points in the last minute which has happend regularly a don't see why u shouldn't have a opinion on 1 game you didn't make ! See if Hamilton scored between 75-85 minutes a wouldn't have had jack shit to say but the fact wee seem to be so inept after the 90 minute mark really gets to me look at st Johnstone scored 7 goals less than us and conceded as many goals but they are a point above us n fair enough they have built a team n now have experience but I have never seen a team so bad at seeing a game out n it's a shame because if we could learn to do it no 1 would have a complaint to make

I am totally bamboozled by all this wailing and crying over goals being lost in the last few minutes of games! Most games last around 93/94 minutes and unless I have missed something, goals can be scored at any time during that period!! If we lost a goal in the first minute should we all be moaning about that? We lost two goals in about 80 seconds today, yet I don't think I have heard anyone moaning about that as being unprofessional. Yes it's a boot in the knackers when you lose a late goal but that's football. Pretty sure those with the biggest moans were watching Sportscene results or Gillette Soccer Saturday today. Wonder how many late goals they saw coming up. Late goals happen all the time...it's part of football. Not sure what anyone could have done to prevent Andreu's goal today. For me there was plenty of positives to take from the game today after the midweek drubbing at Porkheid.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

if u had been to every other game that we've lost points in the last minute which has happend regularly a don't see why u shouldn't have a opinion on 1 game you didn't make ! See if Hamilton scored between 75-85 minutes a wouldn't have had jack shit to say but the fact wee seem to be so inept after the 90 minute mark really gets to me look at st Johnstone scored 7 goals less than us and conceded as many goals but they are a point above us n fair enough they have built a team n now have experience but I have never seen a team so bad at seeing a game out n it's a shame because if we could learn to do it no 1 would have a complaint to make

Punctuate your sentences Liam - that's an unreadable rant.

Edited by Juan Carlos I

I am totally bamboozled by all this wailing and crying over goals being lost in the last few minutes of games! Most games last around 93/94 minutes and unless I have missed something, goals can be scored at any time during that period!! If we lost a goal in the first minute should we all be moaning about that? We lost two goals in about 80 seconds today, yet I don't think I have heard anyone moaning about that as being unprofessional. Yes it's a boot in the knackers when you lose a late goal but that's football. Pretty sure those with the biggest moans were watching Sportscene results or Gillette Soccer Saturday today. Wonder how many late goals they saw coming up. Late goals happen all the time...it's part of football. Not sure what anyone could have done to prevent Andreu's goal today. For me there was plenty of positives to take from the game today after the midweek drubbing at Porkheid.

Good point about the quick 1-2 we conceded. I felt much worse at that point than with the final result. Maybe I was happy getting a point at the league leaders after falling to that first half defecit?

What a bunch of absolute fannies this forum attracts at times. Some have no interest in talking about our shared interest in PTFC. Over-expectant, spoiled c*nts. Get over yourselves and get behind the Jags.

Well done JC. An enlightening post that tells me....that anybody that doesn't share your opinion is a ***** or a c*nt. And then you talk about someone having an unreadable rant. You for real? How about you try and educate us all with some reasoning behind your opinion to convince us you are right, instead of calling fellow supporters fannies and c*nts. Grow up!

• Like 1

Moot point, but it was a sweetly struck shot from 25yds that cost us the 3 points today. Not sure who we can blame. Sometimes you have to give the opposition player credit?

For crying out loud! What on earth do you mean about giving the opposition credit sometimes? No, no, you don't get it - you must always find blame within the Thistle camp. Scapegoating is de rigeur: you may only blame the manager, certain players, the tactics or whatever, but you must on no account ever give the opposition players credit. It's always Thistle's fault - AT ALL. TIMES. Fact!

• Like 3

I agree with a lot of your points, especially that lack of people complaining about the quick second goal. However, statistically, the longer a game goes on the more likely a goal is to be scored. However, going by someone's earlier post (on another thread perhaps?) we've dropped 16 league points to second half injury time goals since regaining top flight status. That's 16.5% of all our points dropped in roughly 3.5% of the game time (going on 95min matches with 3.5min second half injury time). So 4.7 times more frequent than you would expect.

I agree with a lot of your points, especially that lack of people complaining about the quick second goal. However, statistically, the longer a game goes on the more likely a goal is to be scored. However, going by someone's earlier post (on another thread perhaps?) we've dropped 16 league points to second half injury time goals since regaining top flight status. That's 16.5% of all our points dropped in roughly 3.5% of the game time (going on 95min matches with 3.5min second half injury time). So 4.7 times more frequent than you would expect.

Good point Diego. More liable to ship goals late on as well when the legs have gone.

I think it's reasonable to bring it up as something we have to work on - after all you should always be looking to improve the team - but it's unreasonable to think we're ever going to get to the point where we never concede late goals. So it's worth pointing out but it not worth getting into a froth about, especially when other aspects of a game were good, like scoring 3 goals away from home. We're not Chelsea or Real Madrid so every game we play there will be mistakes and even spells of poor play but as long as there's also spells of good play, creating goal chances and we get at least a point as well then I reckon we're doing OK.