Congratulations To.......

Jaggernaut

He had a long enough break from football between Jan 05 and Mar 07

During which he was the recipient of a substantial 5 figure yearly salary from the charity ptfc, for little else than parading his deadly bunnet of sapping the will to live, a couple of hours a day, a few days a week in the maryhill locale, while he concentrated the majority of his time and efforts on selling double glazing for the Fife company who were the first to sponsor both of the arse cheeks at the same time. Lovely man that Dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Partick_Thistle_F.C._managers

Some total Uber Diddies in this list but given his budget and the division we were in at the time The Bunnet is the worst of all for me.

If we hadn't have bagged him when we did at the time we would have absolutely been relegated again under him. Bone and Butcher saved us from going down but honestly just not having anyone managing the team would have been better.

Incidently, how bad is Sandra Clark's and Gerry Collin's record in this list.

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia....e_F.C._managers

Some total Uber Diddies in this list but given his budget and the division we were in at the time The Bunnet is the worst of all for me.

If we hadn't have bagged him when we did at the time we would have absolutely been relegated again under him. Bone and Butcher saved us from going down but honestly just not having anyone managing the team would have been better.

Incidently, how bad is Sandra Clark's and Gerry Collin's record in this list.

Amazing how many managers on that list never went on to manage any other team. Derek Johnstone, Tommy Bryce, Murdo McLeod, Gerry Collins, Derek Whyte, And out of those five, only McLeod had previously managed another club.

It shows what bad appointments they were.

I suppose Ian McCall could also be on that list as well but I'm sure he will make his way back in to management sometime.

Also, I can't think of any of them from Bertie Auld onwards that went on to have any reasonable success elsewhere either. I would think McNamara is the only one left with any hope of doing so.

Amazing how many managers on that list never went on to manage any other team. Derek Johnstone, Tommy Bryce, Murdo McLeod, Gerry Collins, Derek Whyte, And out of those five, only McLeod had previously managed another club.

It shows what bad appointments they were.

I suppose Ian McCall could also be on that list as well but I'm sure he will make his way back in to management sometime.

Also, I can't think of any of them from Bertie Auld onwards that went on to have any reasonable success elsewhere either. I would think McNamara is the only one left with any hope of doing so.

Come on!!! Bryce went to manage Glenafton. And they'd have pumped Bryce's Thistle.

• Like 1

Scott Symon's win percentage less than 18%? That must have been a vile time.

Symon never came across as interested in Thistle except as a wee pre-retirement earner after his long career in hu nnery. Thank God Davie McParland took over after Symon managed to get us relegated with a decent squad of players.

• Like 1

Are there any other Jags fans still alive who went to that event at the Arts Place in Sauchiehall Street for a meet the manager event?. Cambpell was actually very funny in that context, and burst into solo song near the end to everyone present's amazement.

Really just a patter merchant IMO, but definitely put out some of the worst Thistle sides I have suffered, and made everything such hard work for everyone else.

If the fans hadn't gone up to Peterhead in numbers, I hate to think what would have happened. I very much doubt he'd of got off with that without the determination of the fans that we would win. Even then, only by a penalty shoot out.

I only started following after the Auld era, but Derek Johnstone, and Sandy Clark's time's were truly dire as well.

I feel sorry for Dick regarding his recent illness, and hope he gets back to health. Second, or Third division will always be his level though, and must give more time for the double glazing.

• Members

Yeah TDP, I went to that. It was part of Kenny Arthurs testimonial year IIRC. I'd heard that DC's after dinner speaches were quite good and he didn't disappoint on that score. But, there were several other baffling comments from him during his time at Firhill, "Derek Fleming has made a career as a Left Back" was probably the most mystifying one! And who can forget, " I knew I was at a big club when I looked outside on match day and seen Polis on horses".

I remember feeling a great sense of relief when he was finally bagged. I believe his reign cost the Club an awful lot of money for very little return. His treatment of Kenny Arthur was terrible which in turn made Jonny Tuffey's integration into the team all the more difficult. He was a part time Manager best suited to a part time team not a full time team. Amazing to think he was part of the SFA's coaching team at Largs too.

Are there any other Jags fans still alive who went to that event at the Arts Place in Sauchiehall Street for a meet the manager event?. Cambpell was actually very funny in that context, and burst into solo song near the end to everyone present's amazement.

You make it sound like it was decades ago!

Edited by Richard Nixon

Wish I could remember what it was he sung. Probably some daft Sinatra thing or something.

Old style forum legend Erik the Red and Yellow was on the bar that night, but don't remember much else about it (not because of being drunk or anything, just because I've never thought much of it again before reading this thread).

Edited by The Devil's Point