Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

There were 3 games v Hearts in 93/94. Law played in all 3, but Britton only once. Looks like him behind Jamieson. So...

23 October 1993. [That date rings a bell somehow.]

0-0.

Thistle: Nelson, Law, Milne, Watson, Jamieson, Taylor, Shaw, Craig, Grant, Britton, Cameron. (English.)

Hearts: Walker, McLaren, McKinlay, Levein, Hogg, Weir, MacKay, Leitch, Colquhoun, Johnston, Johnston.

Ref: Mr Bonkle from Dallas.

There were 3 games v Hearts in 93/94. Law played in all 3, but Britton only once. Looks like him behind Jamieson. So...

23 October 1993. [That date rings a bell somehow.]

0-0.

Thistle: Nelson, Law, Milne, Watson, Jamieson, Taylor, Shaw, Craig, Grant, Britton, Cameron. (English.)

Hearts: Walker, McLaren, McKinlay, Levein, Hogg, Weir, MacKay, Leitch, Colquhoun, Johnston, Johnston.

Ref: Mr Bonkle from Dallas.

:thumbsup2:

Feb 18 1967 Cup game - 75 seconds gone (cleanliness of strips tend to confirm that it was early in the game) own goal by Roy Barry (on his knees) - Alex Feguson equalised for them - 1-1 final score needless to say we lost the replay.

Berwick Rangers were beaten by Hibs that day too - just for historical record.

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 2

Cunningham played in 10 games v Dunfermline at Firhill. Since it looks like a "0" on his shirt, he only played at No 10 twice. 11 Feb 67 was 0-0 so as it looks as if Thistle/Cunningham have just scored, it looks like:-

Scottish Cup tie 18 Feb 1967. (1-1).

Thistle: Niven, Tinney, Muir, Cumming, McKinnon, Gibb, Flanagan, McParland, Rae, Cunningham, Duncan.

Dunfermline: Martin, Callaghan, Alex "We had 10 corners, they had 2" Totten, Thomson, Fraser, Barry, Edwards, Paton, Delaney, Ferguson, Robertson.

(Lost the replay 1-5).

• Like 1

Feb 18 1967 Cup game - 75 seconds gone (cleanliness of strips tend to confirm that it was early in the game) own goal by Roy Barry (on his knees) - Alex Feguson equalised for them - 1-1 final score needless to say we lost the replay.

There's a terrific picture of Ferguson's equaliser near the start of this thread.

Sorry JD. Didn't see your post coming in while I was researching.

The OH gives the goal to Cunningham but the few press reports I've seen give it as an og by Barry.

Roy Barry. In comparison he'd make Jim Goodwin look cultured, elegant and almost Beckenbaueresque. Scary character to play beside never mind against.

Think that's the result of Ray Farningham's header into the ground which bounced over fatboy (and father of a current Scotland international) in the Saintees goal for a 1-0 win.

Players celebrating Gerry B and Sammy Johnston?

Definitely Gerry B. The picture is labelled as 13th March 1993, a 1-1 draw, with our goal given as an o.g. I wasn't there, so have no idea.

Sorry JD. Didn't see your post coming in while I was researching.

The OH gives the goal to Cunningham but the few press reports I've seen give it as an og by Barry.

Your reply was rather more comprehensive than mine - I remember as a very young child being mildly irritated that we were playing the same team twice in a week - jings I didn't predict the grinding same sides boredom of the Premier League that was to follow!!

• Like 1

Gibson Whittaker Anderson Marr and Rough - (Drew Jarvie, and Archibald fouling Rough for them too?). Suspect this is could be a 1-1 draw sometime in the 70s (certainly if I was there it was always 1-1 at Pitordinary as I recall and we had a good record against them in those days).

Benches for the stands - and people criticised Kilbowie!!!!