Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Almost correct W of 63. It was his last game at Firhill. He played against Crystal Palace the following week.

Was that the friendly at Selhurst Park where we lost 2-0? If so, I was there. I imagine it was the same game, as we didn't play Palace too often around that time. Great day out, result notwithstanding.

Went with the old North West bus, when it used to to leave from the top of Kirkland St. Left Friday night, got back Sunday afternoon. I know this is all a bit off topic, but just wondering if there's anybody on here who used to be a member or regular on the NW? Some tremendous characters on that bus.

Was that the friendly at Selhurst Park where we lost 2-0? If so, I was there. I imagine it was the same game, as we didn't play Palace too often around that time. Great day out, result notwithstanding.

Went with the old North West bus, when it used to to leave from the top of Kirkland St. Left Friday night, got back Sunday afternoon. I know this is all a bit off topic, but just wondering if there's anybody on here who used to be a member or regular on the NW? Some tremendous characters on that bus.

I started off on the Whiteinch in the 70s with wee Johnnie Dalgleish (I think) in charge, then moved to the North West for many years with characters like Eric Davidson, Jimmy Thomson, Gordon Peden etc etc. Both of them were great buses!!

• Like 1

I started off on the Whiteinch in the 70s with wee Johnnie Dalgleish (I think) in charge, then moved to the North West for many years with characters like Eric Davidson, Jimmy Thomson, Gordon Peden etc etc. Both of them were great buses!!

I owe a big thanks to the Whiteinch bus. In the 70/71 season game away to Arbroath, I went on the NW bus, only to be told - about 1 mile outside Arbroath - that the bus was staying overnight. I was only 13 and hadn't even told my ma where I was going.

After the game, I went back to the bus to be told that they'd arranged for me to go back on the Whiteinch. Phew! Relief didn't come close. The amazing guys that ran the Whiteinch bus even went hugely out their way and dropped me off on Maryhill Rd. I owe them a large drink.

PS Apologies for the thread hijack - those were the best days of my life.

I owe a big thanks to the Whiteinch bus. In the 70/71 season game away to Arbroath, I went on the NW bus, only to be told - about 1 mile outside Arbroath - that the bus was staying overnight. I was only 13 and hadn't even told my ma where I was going.

After the game, I went back to the bus to be told that they'd arranged for me to go back on the Whiteinch. Phew! Relief didn't come close. The amazing guys that ran the Whiteinch bus even went hugely out their way and dropped me off on Maryhill Rd. I owe them a large drink.

A crowd of us used to get on the Whiteinch bus in Drumchapel, before it moved on to pick folk up at Whiteinch. Some mental times back then! Great memories. Wee Johnnie Dalgleish was a real character.

• Like 2

The supporters buses were very obliging and helpful in those days. There was a bit of serious rivalry between the Maryhill and North West buses in my early days, but it was all fun. Remember a Montrose game, where both buses were staying late and a few of us including Bobby Kettlewell and Brian McKendrick got completely wrecked. Had to have about 10 toilet stops on the way home, which didn't go down too well with the older ones on the bus....lol

Edited by Lindau

A crowd of us used to get on the Whiteinch bus in Drumchapel, before it moved on to pick folk up at Whiteinch. Some mental times back then! Great memories. Wee Johnnie Dalgleish was a real character.

Yep, was a great bus and wee Johnnie was a gem of a bloke. Not even sure if Squire Street still exists any more!

I was around 14 and my best friend and I were members of the supporters club whose bus always left from right outside the main entrance to Firhill.

Not sure what bus that was but the guys on on the bus were great and always looked out for us youngsters that travelled alone.

I still remember the piss filled beer bottles rolling to the front of the bus whenever we braked at the lights.

How times have changed..I recall more than once, with the bus not getting back 'til well into the A.M., having to walk from firhill to Milton to get home and never once was bothered by anyone still on the streets.

I was on that trip too and am still in the North-West, having now been bus convener in five decades (gonnae someone takeover???) with the Treasurer and Secretary filling their roles for almost as long!.

Remember slowly circling Piccadilly Circus three times en route to Selhurst Park, belting out "Forever and Ever" to the bewilderment of the locals and tourists alike!

Edited by CCjag
  • Like 1