Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Mckinstry the hidden jag (Vs gypos?)

#4 BMMMH or Jamie Smith?

#10 Jamie Dolan?

Correct. McKinstry (half hidden) has just beaten Budinauckas to open the scoring against Clyde. Not sure if No. 3 is Archie or Derek Fleming. No. 4 looks like Jamie Smith.

We won 3-0 (2 from The King of Spain)...... and wonder keeper (?!) David Klein made his debut for us.

Am I right in thinking that Banjo is still turning out for Petershill?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Plenty of players on show below, but anybody going into the north terracing back in the time of the first picture above would have been able to shelter under the cover that can be seen below. Presumably what can be seen in between the heads of the back row of players are the lamps for the dug racing.

post_6212_1353459517_thumb.jpg

A strange covering in the old North terracing as it only sheltered a small number of those present when it was full (not too often in my time, OF excepted). Used to be funny (in a schadenfreude sort of way), watching from the comfort of the nolly side shed when the rain came on and hundreds ran up the North terracing to compete for shelter under the wee covering. Happened to myself once or twice too.

Didn't usually take as long to get your pies in the kiosk there, compared to the one at the top of the nolly side shed, for obvious reasons, I suppose.

Plenty of players on show below, but anybody going into the north terracing back in the time of the first picture above would have been able to shelter under the cover that can be seen below. Presumably what can be seen in between the heads of the back row of players are the lamps for the dug racing.

post_6212_1353459517_thumb.jpg

And a timely reminder of exactly how our 'new' strip should look

• Like 3

A strange covering in the old North terracing as it only sheltered a small number of those present when it was full (not too often in my time, OF excepted). Used to be funny (in a schadenfreude sort of way), watching from the comfort of the nolly side shed when the rain came on and hundreds ran up the North terracing to compete for shelter under the wee covering. Happened to myself once or twice too.

Didn't usually take as long to get your pies in the kiosk there, compared to the one at the top of the nolly side shed, for obvious reasons, I suppose.

I thought the small covering was for the betting windows for the dogs, not for the football, hence the size of it

I thought the small covering was for the betting windows for the dogs, not for the football, hence the size of it

I'm sure that's right, but it certainly got used by the north terracing crowd when it was raining. It sometimes even got quite an atmosphere going. I always thought that Firhill was a poorer place when it got damaged in the 1968 hurricane, then pulled down not long after.

Edited by Jaggernaut

The thing I remember about the old north end was the horrendous gents bog in it. Was half demolished with pans that didn't flush and nowhere to wash your hands. You sure had to hold your breath if you were desperate enough to go in there! Pretty sure there were shits in those pans that were years and years old....lol

• 2 weeks later...

The way he and Bone used to glance headers or make quick through passes to each other was a real joy to watch.

Most definitely. Don't really have that these days even when we don't play with one up front. Erskine and Doolan have a very good "understanding" but that's about it.

Who's the game against?

The thing I remember about the old north end was the horrendous gents bog in it. Was half demolished with pans that didn't flush and nowhere to wash your hands. You sure had to hold your breath if you were desperate enough to go in there! Pretty sure there were shits in those pans that were years and years old....lol

Would we have had it any other way?

Ok, maybe.

• Like 1