Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Struggling with this one.

Don't think I would have got Mark Cairns. Pretty sure Morton player is Owen Archdeacon. Jag on the deck Andy Lyons? One in the middle - Nicky Henderson? Can't remember him having short hair though.

Like PT, I got the ref. Sad day when that is the only one I am sure of.

It's not Cairns or Elliot. Thistle are on the attack. I'm not even convinced it's Waddell, I know the face but can't remember the name. I think Waddell had probably retired (or got to f***!) by then

I saw it on Facebook, so not giving any answers but the player in the middle was making his debut

Unless he was a late replacement, it's not the good Dr Waddell. The match programme says the referee was Martin Clark (Edinburgh).

STU: Any chance of a reply to my PM? Cheers.

Don't know where I got Jim from in my earlier post, but I would agree it's Martin Clark

• 3 weeks later...

Great pic - I assume that this was the jaunt to Indonesia in the Summer of 1972. Is that Ian Dick far left & Ian Reid with shades in the centre? And Robert Gray Senior kneeling front right.

Interesting fashion contrast - most of that squad were guys in their early 20's who would have grown up listening to the Beatles & the Rolling Stones - long hair, big shirt collars & kipper ties whereas the older guys, Hugh Strachan, Donnie MacKinnon, have a more sober look from a different era.

Great pic - I assume that this was the jaunt to Indonesia in the Summer of 1972. Is that Ian Dick far left & Ian Reid with shades in the centre? And Robert Gray Senior kneeling front right.

Well by Summer of 72 Jimmy Bone had been sold.

Denis McQuade thinks the picture is 1972 cause of his facial hair & the warning from Mr McParland about it.

Ronnie Glavin & Andy Anderson think it's the end of season tour to Norway in 1971.

Well by Summer of 72 Jimmy Bone had been sold.

Denis McQuade thinks the picture is 1972 cause of his facial hair & the warning from Mr McParland about it.

Ronnie Glavin & Andy Anderson think it's the end of season tour to Norway in 1971.

Where do you see Andy Anderson? Maybe it's Jackie Husband?

No Jackie Campbell or John Gibson.

Great photo. There must be hundreds of little-known Jags pics out there. I have a lot, and would love to post them, but they are buried among tons of other stuff in a loft in the Highlands.

Where do you see Andy Anderson? Maybe it's Jackie Husband?

No Jackie Campbell or John Gibson.

Great photo. There must be hundreds of little-known Jags pics out there. I have a lot, and would love to post them, but they are buried among tons of other stuff in a loft in the Highlands.

Andy Anderson commented on the picture in the Old PT Pictures facebook group, Denis McQuade son sent a message on twitter as did Ronnie Glavins.

Weebaw, you're not getting hang of this thread, are you?

You're meant to name the ones that you recognise. The thread already poses the question "Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?"

This was definitely before the day of Slaters or Daks sponsoring a team's travel kit. Interesting comment from Winter of '63 but it's Roughie that must only be around 20 that's sporting the 3 piece suit and Dennis is either late for his own wedding or he has some second hand watches and nylons to sell you!

Edited by AlgarveJag