Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

6 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Niven, Provan, Brian Gallagher and Donnie's twin brother Ronnie?

If so, Rangers 6-1 Thistle 10/9/1966.

Definitely looks like Gallagher according to the 1965-6 squad photo. I liked him as a player; he was gallus rather than talented. Scored against us a couple of times when he moved to Dumbarton. I always remember a wag shouting at him from the shed: "Gallagher, give yourself a shake!" in response to which Gallagher shuddered his entire body up and down for a few seconds, like Captain Kirk in the tele-transporter of the Enterprise. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Andy Dunlop and Dougie Somner in St Mirren colours and with perm at Love St. Could be either 5/12/1981 (1-2) or 17/4/1982 (0-2). Looks like the latter. Short sleeves and no-one in the crowd dressed like a polar explorer.

And the wee Jag in the background? (Easy, I think....)

• 3 weeks later...

Jeezuz!!.... I never even noticed the Jags player's face (if it is a Jag) at the top right!!

Now I'm really interested to know who the main man is. If not clarified in the next few hours, I'll be consulting my Official History book tomorrow morning!

Not a bad wee thread, this one...... 😊

How uncanny to see the picture of Bertram Thompson,  I was on a plane to Tenerife in April and got talking to the couple beside me, told them I was a Jags fan, the woman instantly replied , my uncle Bertram played for Thistle... Being only 1 . in 1953 I had never heard of him.. Amazing that his picture should come up on here..

• 3 weeks later...