Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

I was 12 and at the match with my grand dad and my uncle, both hearts fans, it's tommy ewing and george smith in the pic.

Picture caption says it's Alex Wright scoring.

The Scotsman report on the match starts with something like there being 60,000 spectators at the match, including 11 who were wearing Partick Thistle strips!

i was too young to appreciate just how outstanding a team hearts were at the time. looking at their line-up 57 years on, it was one of the very best club sides ever assembled in scotland.

thistle, do not forget, fielded three players from the 1954 scotland world cup squad...

To cheer us all up, Thistle scoring from a penalty for once.

Who's the scorer, who are the Jags on the right, and what is the occasion?

Untitled_copy3.png

Not the clearest of photo's but looks like Ronnie Glavin and Joe Craig and mibbee Alex Rae

Edited by Lindau

Not the clearest of photo's but looks like Ronnie Glavin and Joe Craig and mibbee Alex Rae

That looks right.

Scottish Cup replay against Dumbarton at Firhill, Feb 28, 1973. 3-1 for Thistle (Glavin 2, Craig). Crowd: 8,796 (a midweek game!)

I'd say John Hansen third from left. And a forced choice for extreme left...... Nobby Clark.

003_1.jpg

This picture shows the roofs of buildings behind Firhill. Was the canal surrounded by factories and such? And were the only entrances to Firhill actually on Firhill Road? I mean, was there a long wall surrounding the terraces and everyone entered and left by the main road, unlike today where we walk round to the back of the Jackie Husband? I'm long interested in the buildings and history that's all disappeared.

This picture shows the roofs of buildings behind Firhill. Was the canal surrounded by factories and such? And were the only entrances to Firhill actually on Firhill Road? I mean, was there a long wall surrounding the terraces and everyone entered and left by the main road, unlike today where we walk round to the back of the Jackie Husband? I'm long interested in the buildings and history that's all disappeared.

At that time the buildings were on the far side of the canal, off Panmure Street, I seem to remember that one was a timber yard or similar. There are stories of the Firhill Lum from years before, when apparently if the chimney smoked then Thistle would win!!

All entrances and exits to Firhill were from Firhill Road

• Like 1

Jaggernaut - Do you have action figures for all Thistle strips ? or was that a total fluke ?

Another attempt, having cocked up a previous one...

I have around a dozen painted in various outfits over the years. But I don't have pics of them all, and they're stored away in my brother's loft with a ton of other Thistle stuff.

Airfix_8.jpg