No Regrets....but Happy To Be Back!

Lindau

Just don't get everyone creaming their pants over a player who rejected us last summer and comes back when he can't get a game with Scunthorpe????

He got a move to Scunthorpe by playing well for us last season, if he gets a different move down south following this season it will be because he's done it again, so I'll be more than happy.

Far too much sense for this thread. :thumbsup2:

Edited by billko

Just don't get everyone creaming their pants over a player who rejected us last summer and comes back when he can't get a game with Scunthorpe????

Don't see anyone creaming their pants. What I do see is him giving us a more options and a more potent front line and after the St Mirren debacle do you think that is a bad thing?? He linked well with Higgy last season and if he helps him rediscover his form, he will be a great signing

Edited by Lindau

Three different threads about him on here! On P&B the Thistle thread treating him like the messiah returning. And the official site going rather overboard with the goal montages etc? Yes, there is much soaking of under garments with some sex fluid.

Don't see anyone creaming their pants. What I do see is him giving us a more options and a more potent front line and after the St Mirren debacle do you think that is a bad thing?? He linked well with Higgy last season and if he helps him rediscover his form, he will be a great signing

I believe if we had managed to sign him at the start of the season we would be further up the league. His all round play is very good including chasing down defenders, causing them to make mistakes, therefore he brings more than just goals. In games when we have been drawing or losing late on and the natural tactic is to play high balls into the box, we would have perhaps gilded a few more goals if he had been playing.

Like others on this forum I am not going to get too carried away, however on Monday morning if there had been a poll on who most Jags fans wanted to be signed (realistically) by the close of the window, Lyle Taylor would have been top of that poll. He is also coming to us this season fully fit and ready to play, as opposed to last season when it took him a bit of time to get up to speed after not playing for a while.

We now have a better overall squad than this time last year and have an additional years experience, therefore there is no reason why we cant kick on and look upwards rather than down.

I believe if we had managed to sign him at the start of the season we would be further up the league. His all round play is very good including chasing down defenders, causing them to make mistakes, therefore he brings more than just goals. In games when we have been drawing or losing late on and the natural tactic is to play high balls into the box, we would have perhaps gilded a few more goals if he had been playing.

Like others on this forum I am not going to get too carried away, however on Monday morning if there had been a poll on who most Jags fans wanted to be signed (realistically) by the close of the window, Lyle Taylor would have been top of that poll. He is also coming to us this season fully fit and ready to play, as opposed to last season when it took him a bit of time to get up to speed after not playing for a while.

We now have a better overall squad than this time last year and have an additional years experience, therefore there is no reason why we cant kick on and look upwards rather than down.

Totally agree with this. In my opinion, one of Taylor's best attributes was hassling defenders off the ball. Drew both centre halves to him and roughed them about for 90 minutes, occasionally giving away free kicks for being too over-zealous with them, but he was always letting them know he was there and because of this, he created space for other attacking players, and I firmly believe that this is why Higgy flourished so much in the second half of last season.