Team Vs. Morton

Jaggernaut

DREADFUL! McCall, what the hell do you write in that stupid notebook, i swear to god, he spends more time writing in it than watching the game.

McCall is out of ideas, clueless, and so are the majority of our players. Buchanan was awful, didn't hold the ball up, and missed two decent chances, one because he snatched at the shot instead of pulling it back, and the other was when he passed instead of pulling the trigger.

Absolute disgrace, those players have learned nothing from the Raith game. Its going to be a long hard season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DREADFUL! McCall, what the hell do you write in that stupid notebook, i swear to god, he spends more time writing in it than watching the game.

McCall is out of ideas, clueless, and so are the majority of our players. Buchanan was awful, didn't hold the ball up, and missed two decent chances, one because he snatched at the shot instead of pulling it back, and the other was when he passed instead of pulling the trigger.

Absolute disgrace, those players have learned nothing from the Raith game. Its going to be a long hard season.

and yet the team was so good last week according to most if not all of you !! We certainly have put pressure on us for the next two league games......got to look to pick up 6 pts.

Not a good time to be living in Port glasgow............if indeed there ever is !!!

and yet the team was so good last week according to most if not all of you !! We certainly have put pressure on us for the next two league games......got to look to pick up 6 pts.

Not a good time to be living in Port glasgow............if indeed there ever is !!!

The team can motivate themselves for a bunch of big spending promotion favourites as theres a point to prove, but when it comes to run of the mill games like Morton and Raith, McCall comes up short where hes required there.

Were we actually that good against Dundee? It didn't appear so from the highlights Discount the second goal for a second - the Morton fans are saying it didn't cross the line - and we lost by the odd goal. It doesn't seem as if we improved that much last week and, as a result, didn't deteriorate to a great degree this week.

To early to talk about relegation.

Were we actually that good against Dundee? It didn't appear so from the highlights Discount the second goal for a second - the Morton fans are saying it didn't cross the line - and we lost by the odd goal. It doesn't seem as if we improved that much last week and, as a result, didn't deteriorate to a great degree this week.

Dundee are rubbish under Chisholm. They are a shadow of the team they were last season.

I'm glad you aren't worried about relegation. I'm petrified about it as we cannot score goals and have players in our squad that are quite clearly not good enough to play here.

We were pretty good against Dundee. Not the best football we've played in the last 2-3 years by any stretch of the imagination, but a genuinely solid performance combined with much higher than average effort from the players.

Must check out DublinJag's latest fomentations on P&B after today, without stopping at every hole in the hedge. Jaysus. :drink2: :drink2:

Does anyone remember a Dublin Jag on ptfc.net?

DublinJag Drinking Game:- because things were better in the good old days.

:drink2: :drink2: :drink2:

This forum is missing the Uzi smiley. It's not the same as the good old days on here merely with the Guiness. Bring back The Shed McCall must go...

DublinJag Drinking Game:- because things were better in the good old days.

:drink2: :drink2: :drink2:

This forum is missing the Uzi smiley. It's not the same as the good old days on here merely with the Guiness. Bring back The Shed McCall must go...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Every dog has his day - it's just that Thistle keep giving the curmudgeons the ammunition. I blame the board. Why Allan Cowan hasn't thrown his kids out in the street in order to invest in players I'll never know.

I'm glad you aren't worried about relegation. I'm petrified about it as we cannot score goals and have players in our squad that are quite clearly not good enough to play here.

How about looking at the results and performances of the rest of the teams in the division before pushing the panic button? The only teams who appear to have improved to any great degree are Raith and, at a push, Dunfermline. It's my opinion that we're treading water rather than sinking.

Must check out DublinJag's latest fomentations on P&B after today, without stopping at every hole in the hedge. Jaysus. :drink2: :drink2:

Does anyone remember a Dublin Jag on ptfc.net?

Don't use P&B so I've no idea what or who you are talking about.

How about looking at the results and performances of the rest of the teams in the division before pushing the panic button? The only teams who appear to have improved to any great degree are Raith and, at a push, Dunfermline. It's my opinion that we're treading water rather than sinking.

We cannot score goals. We have scored one league goal - and that came from the left back. We are going backwards, treading water would require some considerable improvement on our current form.

No, it's similar, if not the same, as last season. The failings are the same. We aren't any worse, we aren't any better.

We are about 5 players worse off. This is us with only 2 players out injured. Wait until injuries and suspensions kick in and we have to play diddies like Erskine from the start.

Right, I'm going to get shot down in flames for this so I might as well say it anyway - it's not McCall's fault if Rowson, Cairney and Flanigan consider it acceptable to turn up, dig in and play against Dundee and then consider it beneath their dignity to have a right good go at Morton. Finger out time, chaps, please - starting next week v Cowdenbeath.

Right, I'm going to get shot down in flames for this so I might as well say it anyway - it's not McCall's fault if Rowson, Cairney and Flanigan consider it acceptable to turn up, dig in and play against Dundee and then consider it beneath their dignity to have a right good go at Morton. Finger out time, chaps, please - starting next week v Cowdenbeath.

Agree to a certain point. McCall should be able to gee the players up for games but tbh he really shouldnt need to. The players should go out determined to win every game and if its not going our way they should look like they give a damn then get stuck in. If they did that they would find the fans would get right behind them.