Team Vs. Morton

Jaggernaut

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all accounts there was an excellent work ethic throughout the team last Saturday. So should McCall simply start with the same 11 who started against Dundee? Maxi got some great reviews, so him or Willie-K? Is Liam due a rest?

Interesting point. I think McCall is going to change the team to suit the game. Saturday could well be a sit-in job and we'd need pace to attack on the break. This could well mean another call up for Maxi. Liam would need to stay in the team, maybe playing with Grehan who has shown that he CAN hold the ball up. I'd be tempted to play Erskine too given his desire to run at players. He has a little more pace than most in our team too.

I could be completely wrong though!

Providing everyone is fit then the players who started against Dundee deserve to keep their place.

Not sure where Erskine would fit in to a 352/532 anyway!

True. Another way of putting it is who would you leave out? I can't think of any reason for dropping anyone - what do we know about Morton that would suggest someone who didn't play last week should come in for any of the guys who did play?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Maxwell always gets brought in against Morton because of the aerial threat of Weatherson, so I'd imagine he'll go with the same team.

Was going to say something similar but didn't realise it was Weatherson in particular. I'm sure we'll go 3-5-2 again and, as we're hardly likely to play three rightsided centrebacks, Maxwell will keep his place.

I'd like to see MacBeth make the bench but unsure who would drop out.

True. Another way of putting it is who would you leave out? I can't think of any reason for dropping anyone - what do we know about Morton that would suggest someone who didn't play last week should come in for any of the guys who did play?

According to the local reports, Morton played Dunfermline off the park last saturday but their final ball was woeful !! Weatherson was injured for most of the pre season and looks a little off the pace. Tidser in midfield is their most creative player (along with french guy they nickname fred). States Tidser's problem is he is not as dangerous in final third as he should be.

Moore states he and McNally will be working on the final ball in training this week as he doesn't want to be known as a good team with no punch. Can we expect a ton backlash ???

According to the local reports, Morton played Dunfermline off the park last saturday but their final ball was woeful !! Weatherson was injured for most of the pre season and looks a little off the pace. Tidser in midfield is their most creative player (along with french guy they nickname fred). States Tidser's problem is he is not as dangerous in final third as he should be.

Moore states he and McNally will be working on the final ball in training this week as he doesn't want to be known as a good team with no punch. Can we expect a ton backlash ???

He is still dangerous and will need to be watched very carefully. We cannot underestimate Morton under any cicumstnaces, Cappielow is never an easy place to play at plus our record there is not that great. If we are to win or draw we will need a performance like last saturdays.

I would keep the same team and formation. Last season mccall kept on making changes and we never had a settled team. In mccall's first two seasons he mainly used a 3-5-2 and we were always tight at the back and didnt concede many goals. I think grehan should play because morton will probably play McCaffrey and Smyth who are big guys. Also because cappielow is quite a tight pitch we tend to play quite a few long balls up front so we need that height.

Clicky

Think that's the same line up as last week, so it's good to see McCall stick with the winning team and I think most of us were in agreement he should do that. Let's hope for some goals for the strikers and build some confidence in them for the rest of the season.