Jaggernaut

I agree Balatoni was excellent today as were our other defenders especially with Motherwell sending out a strong attack

I was a bit concerned when I saw Sutton, McDonald and Erwin all starting, but the defence snuffed them and the two wingers out completely

I have been critical of Conrad in the past - lack of pace when we got promoted and a few nightmare mistakes - but he has really responded to the challenge of Frans and Seaborne coming in which is greatly to his credit.....the back 4 pick themselves at the moment which is not something I thought was likely a few months ago!

I have been critical of Conrad in the past - lack of pace when we got promoted and a few nightmare mistakes - but he has really responded to the challenge of Frans and Seaborne coming in which is greatly to his credit.....the back 4 pick themselves at the moment which is not something I thought was likely a few months ago!

Agreed Java, on current form, this is the best defence we have had at Firhill for years. Praise also to The Fox. He has looked very assured since he came back in, though that maybe shouldn't be a surprise as his contract is up in the summer.

@

Agree completely with this. I also was a critic last season and this and while he is far from perfect, find him the right partner ie Mair last season and Frans this season and he does a good job. 3 goals conceded in the last 7 games (2 of those at parkhead) suggests the defence as a unit are doing a really good job. That's not just top six form, it's premiership winning form......... Sorry you lost me for a minute there, thought I was Ian Baraclough. Back in the room.

In the real world of thistle though it will be interesting to see how many of our full backs we hold onto for next season. On current form I would like to keep both but fear o'donnell has already decided to go.

As much as dan the man hasn't played much this end of the season it's obvious his influence on balatoni has been truly impressive, from a player you were were nervous to include in your starting 11 to the most rock solid defender we have in 6 months is an unbelievable turnaround.

Superb today and over the last 5 games has been my motm. Ignoring the celtic game this has to be the least shots on goal over the last 4 games ever surely and he has to take massive kudos for that. Plus his goal scoring threat is added to his armour.

Ps Archie get booth signed up. Solid as f*ck, no daft ideas of grandeur and up for the physical fight. Cracking left back.