Firhill Debut

gerrybritton9

on 7 April 2013, I took my daughter to her first Jags match - Ramsdens cup final v QoS

She's been hooked ever since!

On Saturday 2 May 2015 I'm taking her 6 year old brother to his first game v St Mirren

He is a jags fan but is tempted by the Sellik and Real Madrid (!)

Hopefully it is a great game and starts him on that journey.........................

oh, and thanks to my Uncle John who did the same for me in 1987-88 !

• Like 5

Nice one GB9. Obviously bringing your kids up the proper way! Just on that subject, does anyone know if the ex Sevco supporter (can't remember his posting name) and his son, are still keeping the faith. Think they used to travel on the City Centre bus! Haven't seen him posting on here for ages

Edited by Lindau

A real success story this season has been a stranger I met at a wedding in Italy last summer. We got chatting and he told me he'd moved up from London to live with his wee Glasgow lassie. He's a Charlton fan and proceeded to tell me that he'd been to a couple of Jags games as there was no way he'd go and watch either one of the Old Scum.

Well, as you can imagine, I took an instant liking to this chap and told him I'm a season ticket holder and if he wanted to go to a couple of games with me this season then to come along.

He has missed about 3 games all season and has become obsessed with the Jags. And I mean obsessed. He absolutely loves us. His dad in Turnbridge Wells is now addicted and phones every week after the games to pass on his opinions. He will buy a season ticket for next season and simply love The Jags. If only we could get a few more like him onboard.

• Like 8

Nice one GB9. Obviously bringing your kids up the proper way! Just on that subject, does anyone know if the ex Sevco supporter (can't remember his posting name) and his son, are still keeping the faith. Think they used to travel on the City Centre bus! Haven't seen him posting on here for ages

funnily enough was thinking about that as well started supporting us in our promotion winning 2012-2013 season. Would be great if he was still following us. As Lindau says any one know if he is still coming along to firhill.

By the way great thread by the op I've already used up my quota of likes for the day ;-)

funnily enough was thinking about that as well started supporting us in our promotion winning 2012-2013 season. Would be great if he was still following us. As Lindau says any one know if he is still coming along to firhill.

By the way great thread by the op I've already used up my quota of likes for the day ;-)

I think his name on here was Toaster? Not seen any posts from him in ages. Would be good to know that he's still following us and not been seduced by the dark side...

A real success story this season has been a stranger I met at a wedding in Italy last summer. We got chatting and he told me he'd moved up from London to live with his wee Glasgow lassie. He's a Charlton fan and proceeded to tell me that he'd been to a couple of Jags games as there was no way he'd go and watch either one of the Old Scum.

Well, as you can imagine, I took an instant liking to this chap and told him I'm a season ticket holder and if he wanted to go to a couple of games with me this season then to come along.

He has missed about 3 games all season and has become obsessed with the Jags. And I mean obsessed. He absolutely loves us. His dad in Turnbridge Wells is now addicted and phones every week after the games to pass on his opinions. He will buy a season ticket for next season and simply love The Jags. If only we could get a few more like him onboard.

That's just great to hear, Dave. I love hearing about people from far and wide who have been smitten by the Thistle bug. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

I think his name on here was Toaster? Not seen any posts from him in ages. Would be good to know that he's still following us and not been seduced by the dark side...

Toaster and wee Toaster.....they are the people...lol. Anyone from the CC bus know if they have kept the faith....hope so!!

A real success story this season has been a stranger I met at a wedding in Italy last summer. We got chatting and he told me he'd moved up from London to live with his wee Glasgow lassie. He's a Charlton fan and proceeded to tell me that he'd been to a couple of Jags games as there was no way he'd go and watch either one of the Old Scum. Well, as you can imagine, I took an instant liking to this chap and told him I'm a season ticket holder and if he wanted to go to a couple of games with me this season then to come along. He has missed about 3 games all season and has become obsessed with the Jags. And I mean obsessed. He absolutely loves us. His dad in Turnbridge Wells is now addicted and phones every week after the games to pass on his opinions. He will buy a season ticket for next season and simply love The Jags. If only we could get a few more like him onboard.

Enjoyed sharing a few pints with you both in Tennents some months ago while watching the capitulation of one half of the aforementioned Old Scum.

Great to hear that the bug has well and truly taken hold!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

Enjoyed sharing a few pints with you both in Tennent's some months ago while watching the capitulation of one half of the aforementioned Old Scum.

Great to hear that the bug has well and truly taken hold!!

Nice to hear from you Barney. Dingwall next for our London chum.

First time I took my daughter to the game the Sun was handing out promotional hooters and foam fingers. She got a Kit Kat and a juice and a new hat, which got pulled down over her face by peetee. We won. 2-1 I think.

As we were leaving, carried on my shoulders, she told me, "that was great fun Dad, I loved it....but the football was a bit boring, wasn't it".

But my proudest moments were when she shouted abuse at Samaras for diving, and when she couldn't watch the last five minutes against ICT the other week.

Edited by allyo

Took my daughter to a few games (Dunfermline in Cup 1-2 at Firhill, Queen's Park at Hampden 1-0 game, and cup semi against the now defunct Glasgow Rangers) - she wasn't really interested to be honest.

Son is an absolute no go area when it comes to football - totally hates it, every team, every game, everything to do with it he can't understand how and why people get so het up about it. We cycled past Firhill a few weeks past and I was waxing lyrical about the wonders to be seen and that I have seen there - he drew me a look as if he had cycled over something offensive on the tow-path!