AlgarveJag

Sepp Blatter says he will resign as president of football's governing body Fifa amid a corruption scandal.

In announcing his exit, the 79-year-old has called an extraordinary Fifa congress "as soon as possible" to elect a new president. - Source BBC

================================================

What's brought this on then? Can only expect a lot more to come out now from the Federalies.

cheerio cheerio cheerio

cheerio cheerio cheerio

cheerio cheerio cheerio

get tae fk get tae fk

get tae fk get tae fk get tae fk

get tae fk get tae fk

though fifa being fifa, it will be another six to nine months before he finally says cheerio and gets tae fk and a replacement will be voted in.

let us hope the fbi guantanamoise blatter before then.

The only reason he didn't go earlier is because national F.A.s didn't have the backbone to stand up and say clearly "This is f**ked up and we're no playin.".

How much did the F.A., supported by government, and numerous "celebs" spend on their bid for 2018? About £20million? Courting the favour of a body they knew to be at best a self rewarding club for pretentious bureaucrats and most likely a pseudo philanthropic body of duplicitous vainglorious villains living a parasitic dream.

Shame on all the sycophantic and ingratiating F.A.s for excusing this corporate mafia, accepting the deceit and damage for fear of justifiable accusations of hypocrisy.

:rocker:

How has Thistle ever benefited from the World Cup? ... Did we get a bonus for Roughie playing in 2 of them?

Club before country... Forever and ever! :fan:

eta

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Targeted by the US and UK goverments, hounded by the Murdoch media empire, unpopular in Europe because they don't get it all their own way.

I know he's corrupt but I'm still not sure who's side I'm on.

Well, one side has Qatar.

The richest country on the planet basically working slave labourers to death to build stadiums that will lie empty and unused after their World Cup ends. Oh yes, it's also a dictatorship where homosexuality is illegal and flogging and stoning is permitted under Sharia law.

I can't really imagine being on the same side as them, no matter how bad Rupert Murdoch is.

Of course, the Scottish national team is playing Qatar on Friday, but apparently there's no problem for the SFA, and they'll be happy to travel there in 2022 if we qualify. I'm not entirely convinced that human rights abuses can be forgotten in the name of football, but that's just me.

Meanwhile, I'm sure Old Man Blatter will be staying in countries which do not have extradition treaties with the United States for the remainder of his life.

I don't think it is about taking sides, but keep an open mind.

Uefa are seen as the goof guys here, yet they have increased the power to the powerful countries and clubs in Europe at the expense of the smaller nations. FIFA at least still have one vote for each member. The 2 countries to miss out in the 2 contentious work cup bids were England and USA. Is it coincidence they are shouting the loudest against Blatter?