The Legend Bobby Law

Chicofan

Alrights folks..been out the loop a fair while now!

Hope yer all well :thumbsup2:

but was thinking about this the other day.

Has anything else ever been said/mentioned or otherwise about a testimonial for the great man?

i seem to remember the idea being touted back when he inducted into the hall of fame.

Cheers

Would need a group of like minded fans to get together to do all the work, for such an event.

Sad to say, but most likely that opportunity has passed.

Cheers for that Dave..watching that video of the Forfar game in 92 had me reminiscing !

In fairness perhaps too much time has passed to properly organise an event for him - although a very deserving case (inter alia), I always appreciated his effort and desire to play for the club (witness delight when congratulating Grant Tierney (I think) in the 3-0 game against Glasgow Rangers). Lambie was always apparently wanting shot of him but Law won that particular battle!!

Did Andy Anderson have 10 years unbroken service at the club? Asking because I genuinely don't know.

Bobby Law had 11 years unbroken service and never recieved a testimonial. I think that is pretty poor. I wonder if there was any particular reason why no one formed a committee for him? Was he that unpopular at the club?

Always found it strange that Archie got a testimonial for 2 separate spells but Law never got one for 11 straight years.

Did Andy Anderson have 10 years unbroken service at the club? Asking because I genuinely don't know.

Bobby Law had 11 years unbroken service and never recieved a testimonial. I think that is pretty poor. I wonder if there was any particular reason why no one formed a committee for him? Was he that unpopular at the club?

Always found it strange that Archie got a testimonial for 2 separate spells but Law never got one for 11 straight years.

Andy Anderson must have done 10 years, but he did retire fairly young.

My mates and I asked a few people in the mid-90's regarding the Bobby Law testimonial, and got told a committee would need to be formed to do such a thing. We had no idea how to so never done any more about it.

I think Archie was promised a testimonial as part of signing on for the 2nd time

All testimonials have to be, for tax reasons, fan driven. Technically Archie couldn't have been promised a testimonial by the Club. In practice that's a different matter.

Like others of an age we should share some sort of communal guilt re when in his ninth year at the Club we failed to organise a testimonial for Andy for the ensuing year. I feel tho' in the case of Bobby Law events off the park (StJ) made the idea of a testimonial totally impractical at the time.

But that was then and with no current player that close to ten years service there should be no real reason why some sort of "celebration" is out of the question. But it's got to be fan driven and it would be doing both these great Jags players a big disservice if whatever was organised turned out to be a half hearted effort. So reluctantly until there's gathering momentum to honour Andy & Bobby it may be advisable to leave as be.