Just In

Jaggyman

Same starting xi as last week so i was optimistic of a decent effort and performance i got neither. I think the only thing the morton keeper had to do all day was take goal kicks and catch a couple of weak / poor crosses. Morton whilst looking nothing great were good value for their half time lead, Thistle got better in the 2nd half but were toothless up front a few wayward shots at goal and why did buchanan try and play in flannigan when he had a clear shot at goal?. Mortons first goal was shambolic defending and Keane managed to knoock the ball over the line from about 2 yards out. Couldnt tell if the ball was over the line for their 2nd as it was at the other end of the ground, radio said it was a dubious decision and Halliwell was going nuts. At the end of the day it wouldnt have mattered anyway we were nowhere near good enough to even merit a draw

Edited by Jaggyman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same starting xi as last week so i was optimistic of a decent effort and performance i got neither. I dont think the only thing the morton keeper had to do all day was take goal kicks and catch a couple of weak / poor crosses. Morton whilst looking nothing great were good value for their half time lead, Thistle got better in the 2nd half but were toothless up front a few wayward shots at goal and why did buchanan try and play in flannigan when he had a clear shot at goal?. Mortons first goal was shambolic defending and Keane managed to knoock the ball over the line from about 2 yards out. Couldnt tell if the ball was over the line for their 2nd as it was at the other end of the ground, radio said it was a dubious decision and Halliwell was going nuts. At the end of the day it wouldnt have mattered anyway we were nowhere near good enough to even merit a draw

Seems the same as live texting on OS was reporting during game.

Very annoying to hear, since the team seemed to have made such an improvement last week. Back to the drawing board.

Paul Paton is an utter liability to the team. Giving the ball to Paton is the same as giving it to the opposition on a five second delay.He is a major problem in the team.We have hardly a player that can make a ten yard pass absolutley shocking for professional footballers.McCall changed formation back to 4-4-2 in the second and to be quite honest doesn't seem to know what he's doing.Iv'e still never seen him make a tactical change or a substitution that's saved a game for us.One shot on goal, i think, the whole game.

Don't have a clue where McCall goes from here in formation,team selection and tactics but Im not paying much longer to watch Paul Paton get two yards over the halfway line and punt the ball with his head down across the park to the opposition full back for much longer.

Utter Utter shite from players and manager.

Paul Paton is an utter liability to the team. Giving the ball to Paton is the same as giving it to the opposition on a five second delay.He is a major problem in the team.We have hardly a player that can make a ten yard pass absolutley shocking for professional footballers.McCall changed formation back to 4-4-2 in the second and to be quite honest doesn't seem to know what he's doing.Iv'e still never seen him make a tactical change or a substitution that's saved a game for us.One shot on goal, i think, the whole game.

Don't have a clue where McCall goes from here in formation,team selection and tactics but Im not paying much longer to watch Paul Paton get two yards over the halfway line and punt the ball with his head down across the park to the opposition full back for much longer.

Utter Utter shite from players and manager.

Yes one shot at goal all game which was a powderpuff header straight into the goalkeepers arms !

Absolute shocker of a performance from a team of lazy barstewards that look like they couldn't give a monkeys f.'k about the club. Well dissalusioned tonight, never made Kirkcaldy but on todays performance I won't bother travelling again. The club have my season money in the bag so I will be at Firhell !! Long season ahead.

Chris Erskine WTF Taxi, Rowser unusually a very bad day at the office, Buckie get it together or GTF ( Your stupid lay off 2nd half when you should have shot was unbelievable ), Paton why do we bother playing such a liability ? Why was Balatoni taken off ? was it to allow the waste of space Erskine to push up front cos we were 1 down ?

Bottom line McCall get it sorted rapid or hang your head in shame and request a taxi !

To be fair both sides were awful but the same old problem if we're the ones that lose a goal we never look like getting back into the game.

Think thats a valid point. If we lose the first goal, for me, we are as well going home. Score the first goal and I am pretty confident we will at least get a draw. Today was pathetic. Liam Buchanan has lost it for me and we desperately need another striker before the window closes.

It was hardly going to be a promotion season anyway, I don't think we'll be in a relegation fight either. It will just be a fairly mediocre affair and will have to entertain ourselves with victories here and there.

It would actually be nice to see IM to realise this early on and maybe try some entertaining football, give the fans a reason to turn up at the games.

I don't wish to compound anyone's misery after what sounded like an hour-and-a-half of truly miserable footie but how quick we are to turn on our team and how easily our team's feet turn to clay.

I was quick to praise them last week after a good performance, so i'm only calling it as i see it---today we were awful and made an crap team look ordinary

It was hardly going to be a promotion season anyway, I don't think we'll be in a relegation fight either. It will just be a fairly mediocre affair and will have to entertain ourselves with victories here and there.

It would actually be nice to see IM to realise this early on and maybe try some entertaining football, give the fans a reason to turn up at the games.

morton are as poor a team as any outside the two part time diddy teams in cowden and stirling,

and speaking of which, the next two games will define our season, no less than 6 points is acceptable for me against them

I don't wish to compound anyone's misery after what sounded like an hour-and-a-half of truly miserable footie but how quick we are to turn on our team and how easily our team's feet turn to clay.

Did you pay your money and attend today McKennan ?

Just realised you are a Nomad and based in Chicago so highly unlikely to have watched todays game less be able to post so soon lol

Point is people say it as they see it and yes opinions from week to week will change in particular early season so hardly worthy of a reason to have a dig is it ?

Edited by Jaggy1967

Think thats a valid point. If we lose the first goal, for me, we are as well going home. Score the first goal and I am pretty confident we will at least get a draw. Today was pathetic. Liam Buchanan has lost it for me and we desperately need another striker before the window closes.

It's not just Buchanan. Grehan and Doolan are not good enough. McCall's judgement of players from the lower divisions and Juniors is highly suspect. Sadly, it is doubtful if the budget is big enough to fund another signing. We can only hope for a loan from a SPL team.

Our decline has coincided with the loss of Gerry Britton as assistant manager. Our league form this year has been awful. We should have let McCall go to Dundee. I have lost confidence in him but we cannot afford to sack him. It will be 7th or 8th at best this season.

It's not just Buchanan. Grehan and Doolan are not good enough. McCall's judgement of players from the lower divisions and Juniors is highly suspect. Sadly, it is doubtful if the budget is big enough to fund another signing. We can only hope for a loan from a SPL team.

Our decline has coincided with the loss of Gerry Britton as assistant manager. Our league form this year has been awful. We should have let McCall go to Dundee. I have lost confidence in him but we cannot afford to sack him. It will be 7th or 8th at best this season.

After the round of the rumour mill before todays game you may get your wish :D

So disapointed about today. Toothless up front. Doolan looked like the only player who gave a dam for us. Morton were pretty poor today which shows how bad we were. Buchanan should be dropped for tuesday night, he had a poor game. The second goal was a joke. Even if the ball didnt cross the line, i cant believe how our wall let the ball go right through it. We didnt deserve anything from the game. Lets hope we do well on tuesday.

Was it not Bobby Dinnie who spotted Erskine and Dools ? Someone who is very highly regarded as a scout ?

Did you pay your money and attend today McKennan ?

Just realised you are a Nomad and based in Chicago so highly unlikely to have watched todays game less be able to post so soon lol

Point is people say it as they see it and yes opinions from week to week will change in particular early season so hardly worthy of a reason to have a dig is it ?

I believe McKennan is calling it as he see's it too. Is it now to be the case that only those who go to the games have a right to an opinion ?

Think all some of us want is some middle ground. It's either utter crap and the players and manager are tossers or (after last week) everything is superb .

I'm still reluctant to blame McCall. He is done no favours by the BoD's penny pinching although when I see what McGlynn at Raith has done with a similar budget (and a player that we rejected in Tade), he has to take some responsibility for how bad we are.

However, there's nothing he can do when our No1 striker is misfiring as badly as Buchannan currently is. His post match comments about dropping him are worrying especially when the alternatives are pub players like Grehan and juniors like Doolan (although at least Doolan always tries)

That was a Morton team put together in 3 weeks. The fact that we couldn't even trouble their goal once has to be extremely worrying.

After the round of the rumour mill before todays game you may get your wish :D

eh?

The rumour going around before todays game was that McCall will be going to Dundee and we have a replacement lined up( Gus McPherson), if the rumour is to be believed we have already approached him. I dont see why Dundee would take McCall costing them pay off money to Chisholm and compensation to us, when they could go straight for McPherson who has proven he can get a team out of this league

First half was abject. 1st Goal was a farce, but lets face it, it was the only chance Morton had in the game until the second goal. Did the second cross the line. Who knows?

1st 15 mins of the second half the players came out and played some good stuff, creating a few half chances. That was about it and as soon as Morton slowed the game down and started time wasting we just couldn't get back into it.

3-5-2 in the 1st was dealt with easily by Morton. 4-4-2 in the 2nd and we looked better...we need to play this formation week in week out, but McCall's policy of not having any wide players has really handicapped us.

Paton was Pish. Defence never really looked happy dealing with the high ball today. Sid did very well holding the ball up when he came on. Just a pity noone in that team is on the same wavelength.

Erskine looked like a match changer for 15 mins then went AWOL. Service to the front pair all day was shocking.

Long hard road ahead

Edit: McCall and Chisholm back together at Dundee? Could that have been the plan all along.

Slightly off topic, while on holiday last week down south had heard that Bolton had been looking at him if they hadn't got Owen Coyle :huh:

Edited by Lanarkjag