Just In

Jaggyman

Even if McCall had the money to make these signings, I doubt that we would be any better. His tactics are one-dimensional. It was McCall who re-signed a bunch of players well into their 30s, extended Kinniburgh's contract and gave Hodge, Grehan, Erskine and Doolan a 2 year deals.

We have a bunch of strikers who have scored only a handful of goals in 2010 and none in the league this season. Frankly, they can only score against opponents from the lower divisions, i.e. they are not good enough and McCall must take personal responsibility.

Common sense tells you that the player budget and our financial constraints are affecting the team performance. If McCall was able to keep twaddle and Harkins and sign players like Scott dobbie and Willie Gibson we would be favourites for promotion not fighting relegation.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if McCall had the money to make these signings, I doubt that we would be any better. His tactics are one-dimensional. It was McCall who re-signed a bunch of players well into their 30s, extended Kinniburgh's contract and gave Hodge, Grehan, Erskine and Doolan a 2 year deals.

We have a bunch of strikers who have scored only a handful of goals in 2010 and none in the league this season. Frankly, they can only score against opponents from the lower divisions, i.e. they are not good enough and McCall must take personal responsibility.

so liam and sid have not proven they can score goals at this level ?

liam certainly struggling for form and seems to has lost confidence...but c'mon......don't be so OTT

yesterday was truly dreadful

First thing Mccall should do in training is tie a brick to paton's right foot n make him kick it with his left, its totally embarresing how he refuses to use it. When he gets the ball we all know its either one touch then head down n batter it across the field or cut inside n then has to be a square of backwards pass coz to go forward would mean using the other foot which i think would coz him to collapse dead on the spot as there can be no other reason for such fear of doing so.

Grehan looked like he couldn't trap a ball if it was stationary, and as for a physical presence, dont make me laugh, even when he fouled the centre halfs he bounced off them.

Doolan at least gives his all and looks like his movementat the very makes the defenders at least have to think about what they are doing, surely he deserves a run to see if he can cut it or not.

Rowser had a terrible day, but hopefully just a bad day at the office, Flannigan at least looked like he has some composure n thought about what he was doing rather than just get rid of it, decision to have him in middle and cairney wide right seemed totally bizarre.

Buchanan is cleary off the boil, but to be fair maybe hes under a bit much pressure in that it looks like the rest would struggle to score if their lives depended on it.

Erskine like doolan i think needs more than the odd sub appearance every second week, kinda hard to determine his quality or lack of without a proper chance.

dismayed most of all though by the fact the same old culprits are now back as automatic first picks and the youths have been binned, Macbeth im sure at his age wont always be as good as he was against clyde but come on involve him in the squad n give him a chance to develop alongside guys like rowser n flannigan, n mcgeogh cant be any worse than Mr One foot and has always looked fairly composed and not out of place when in first team.

Oh and if the attacking youths like burns arent even worth considering given the current form of the senior forwards they should chuck it.

If Mccall expects us to be inconsistent anyway then surely the youth with talent who are meant to be talented but inconsistent should play and be given a chance, not only for this season and themselves but to give the club a chance of making money in the future and improving.

to sum up when you make Marc Smyth look like a midfield general who is bossing the game then things are far wrong and thats coming from a guy who has his jersey fom the playoff game proudly framed n hung on my wall. Worse still we made Mckinley look decent.

Edited by fatnallyjag

to sum up when you make Marc Smyth look like a midfield general who is bossing the game then things are far wrong and thats coming from a guy who has his jersey fom the playoff game proudly framed n hung on my wall. Worse still we made Mckinley look decent.

Even worse - we didn't even test Colin Stewart at all, who is pish.

yesterday was truly dreadful

First thing Mccall should do in training is tie a brick to paton's right foot n make him kick it with his left, its totally embarresing how he refuses to use it. When he gets the ball we all know its either one touch then head down n batter it across the field or cut inside n then has to be a square of backwards pass coz to go forward would mean using the other foot which i think would coz him to collapse dead on the spot as there can be no other reason for such fear of doing so.

Grehan looked like he couldn't trap a ball if it was stationary, and as for a physical presence, dont make me laugh, even when he fouled the centre halfs he bounced off them.

Doolan at least gives his all and looks like his movementat the very makes the defenders at least have to think about what they are doing, surely he deserves a run to see if he can cut it or not.

Rowser had a terrible day, but hopefully just a bad day at the office, Flannigan at least looked like he has some composure n thought about what he was doing rather than just get rid of it, decision to have him in middle and cairney wide right seemed totally bizarre.

Buchanan is cleary off the boil, but to be fair maybe hes under a bit much pressure in that it looks like the rest would struggle to score if their lives depended on it.

Erskine like doolan i think needs more than the odd sub appearance every second week, kinda hard to determine his quality or lack of without a proper chance.

dismayed most of all though by the fact the same old culprits are now back as automatic first picks and the youths have been binned, Macbeth im sure at his age wont always be as good as he was against clyde but come on involve him in the squad n give him a chance to develop alongside guys like rowser n flannigan, n mcgeogh cant be any worse than Mr One foot and has always looked fairly composed and not out of place when in first team.

Oh and if the attacking youths like burns arent even worth considering given the current form of the senior forwards they should chuck it.

If Mccall expects us to be inconsistent anyway then surely the youth with talent who are meant to be talented but inconsistent should play and be given a chance, not only for this season and themselves but to give the club a chance of making money in the future and improving.

MacBeth had a strain and wasn't fit for saturday. McCall is thinking of sending burns on loan to give him more regular football. McCall has said pre season the youth lads won't be rushed. why chuck them in just for some to give them such a hard time at the moment. Heard a few having a right go at Burns at the tail end of last season..........and that was when the lad was having to deal with the death of his father !!! Some have no patience what so ever.

Personally, I'd give the lads that so under performed a chance on Tuesday to show their worth.....Maybe have Ryan (if fit) and one other of the youth lads on the bench.

If only we had a supporters organisation that could have pointed that out before the paperwork was signed. They could even have voted against it. But we don't have anything like that <_<

so did you bother to turn up at the supporters meeting to give your point of view?

I wouldn't confuse overall attendance with size of home support. We'll suffer from lack of away support more than most clubs (see my post somewhere else re all those derby games). Put simply most away supporters will cherrypick their games. More likely to initially at least go to the matches with local rivalry than bother coming to Firhill.

Our home support maybe averages out at 2000-2300(?) for league games. At a guess that'll be the 4th best home support in the division. So MWM is kinda correct in what he's saying.

our average support last season was 2,557, the fourth highest behind Dundee, ITC and the Pars. this was 13.1% down on the previous season. only dundee, county & ayr had significant increases in attendances.

good points about the away support, though i don't think we promote under 16's for free enough to away supporters enough.

our average support last season was 2,557, the fourth highest behind Dundee, ITC and the Pars. this was 13.1% down on the previous season. only dundee, county & ayr had significant increases in attendances.

good points about the away support, though i don't think we promote under 16's for free enough to away supporters enough.

If it was up to me i would'nt let under 16s go free in the away end.

why not? paying adults are more likely to go to a match if it's affordable.

I think what he's pointing at is that it's well known elements of opposition supports attempt to abuse the system. I've heard of people in their late 20s successfully chancing their arm at getting in as a kid in the away end.

That's not to say that Thistle doesn't have those who will try to get into a cheaper gate at other grounds, but we get hit more heavily as the jump is (e.g.) £17 at our ground vs what might only be £6-10 in other grounds.

No way am I shelling out £17 to watch a bunch of part time diddies

Know what, no way am I shelling out £17 to watch this bunch of full time diddies.

Going by the ICT score there might be two vacancies in Dundee soon!

Oh, that’s right Bunter has already f---d up one of the Tayside clubs!!!