I can't remember when he played for us - (94-95?): all I remember was it was when we had DCS as a sponsor and the away strip was a sort of light blue. And getting into a bit of a stramash with Albert Craig and them both getting sent off and continuing to cause it in the tunnel. Funny the way you don't see anyone wearing a DCS top these days, eh?

Anyway, I noticed a David Moss is Assistant Head Scout for Celtic, and sure enough it is our part-time accountant striker from back in the day. Obviously done quite well for himself. 'Mossy, Mossy what's the score?' indeed.

Season 1996-1997 under Murdo MacLeod, I think. Scored two in the epic but ultimately disappointing 4-4 draw with Airdrie at Broadwood. A prototype for Martin Hardie (though slightly less mobile) as a midfielder who could get his head on the ball and had a good goals to games record. He may have suffered somewhat unfairly in the memories as he was part of a team on the slide. For example I am sure he scored in the game that we ended up losing 3-2 from 2-0 up against St Mirren at Love Street. Again like Hardie (and Ryan Stevenson!?) could be played up front, but more effective arriving late from the deep.

Was back for the next season under John McVeigh but relations seemed strained and he was soon on his way (to Falkirk?) This was a few months before "Save the Jags" but perhaps he saw the writing on the wall.

Maybe TJR could enlighten us on his goals to games record and how this compared to Hardie. Mossy was probably a decent player who deserves to be remembered more fondly than was actually the case.

iirc he was part-time and worked in the banking industry or similar. I think his work moved him here so he signed for us. I'm pretty sure he went full-time with Falkirk.

Regarding the incident with Albert Craig, I'm pretty sure it was Gareth Evans who was scrapping with him in the tunnel (Craig was at Falkirk at the time) although Moss could have been involved as well

Maybe TJR could enlighten us on his goals to games record and how this compared to Hardie. Mossy was probably a decent player who deserves to be remembered more fondly than was actually the case.

:o I could actually.

It’s a close contest, DM just edges the mental one in percentages, 33% plays 32%.

In competitive outings, Drainpipe scored 40 goals in 125 games, whereas DM netted 11 times in 33, all goals coming in the League, which was enough to make him our top League scorer for the season. From signing to leaving he played in 33 out of 34 games, undoubtedly a key player of that time. He played in the pre-season of 1997-98 and hopes were high we’d be able to keep him, but Falkirk outbid us and that was that.

You just knew the writing was on the wall when McVeigh had to settle for bringing in 36 year-old Bobby Connor who, by this stage, was closer to a bus pass than he was to the perfect pass.

Jim White on Scotsport highlights

"Sterling crosses to Moss who scores. Thistle are really motoring now!"

Boom Boom

"The Cowdenbeath defence, like a rolling stone, could gather no Moss as the midfielder scored another for Thistle."

I can't remember what I did today, but I remember this snippet of commentary from a highlights show 20 years ago.

The game in question was against Dundee. Highlights of the game are in the link below. 13.35 minutes in.

Footage of the Gareth Evans and Albert Craig incident are earlier on in the video too.

• Like 1

The game in question was against Dundee. Highlights of the game are in the link below. 13.35 minutes in.

Footage of the Gareth Evans and Albert Craig incident are earlier on in the video too.

The linesman in that game at Brockville was a complete and utter numpty.

That video and part 2 remind us of how useful Jered Stirling was for penalties and free-kicks.

That was brilliant. Thanks very much for that!