Championship

The Cup

A visit to the work's canteen is the culinary pinnacle of my arduous day. Lasagne there is simply delightful, and it's on the menu today. Only thing is, they sometimes put wee slithers of mushr*om in it. These things are the work of satan himself (I'm sure Thatcher's involved somewhere here). These fkn toadstool things should be fumigated by the government - every last one of the feckers. They transform otherwise good grub into the equivalent of polonium. Any chef or cook should be stuck off for even a first offence of putting fungus in food, and be jailed for subsequent offences.

Anyway, I'll probably have a cup of tea - not too strong or weak - after the meal, and maybe a slice of apple cake with it. Yes, I am a fat basturt these days.

• Like 1

A visit to the work's canteen is the culinary pinnacle of my arduous day. Lasagne there is simply delightful, and it's on the menu today. Only thing is, they sometimes put wee slithers of mushr*om in it. These things are the work of satan himself (I'm sure Thatcher's involved somewhere here). These fkn toadstool things should be fumigated by the government - every last one of the feckers. They transform otherwise good grub into the equivalent of polonium. Any chef or cook should be stuck off for even a first offence of putting fungus in food, and be jailed for subsequent offences.

Anyway, I'll probably have a cup of tea - not too strong or weak - after the meal, and maybe a slice of apple cake with it. Yes, I am a fat basturt these days.

Do they do chips with the lasagne ?

Brilliant thread, I almost didn't click on it due to the OP - especially brilliant as I didn't get to read the original post due to my settings for the site!

I did wonder tho, as this is clearly a culinary Topic!!!!! Should it be moved to the general chat area!

Anyway not really a fan of spam myself and opted for a nice spicy Chilli, complete with al-dente (oooh) rice and a beer to wash it down! Magic.

• Like 1

mushrooms are the most unpalatable and unnatural additions to any food, so in agreement with you there.

however i differ with you on the solution ..... imoapo, all types of shroom based fungi should be rounded up and stockpiled and then fed to all tory mps in westminster ..... they should not be allowed any other food, but made to live on a diet of increasingly rotting and decaying mushroom mush.

• Like 1