Pitch Inspection 11.45

Firhillista

Not worthy of a thread of it's own and since this thread has kinda veered towards losing turnover I'll ask this question here.................

Why the **** is the Accies v ICT game kicking off at 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon? Asked an Accies fan this evening. He didn't know and can't go as he's (surprise) working. The best a dozen of us could come up with was a clash of fixture with Motherwell's evening match at Fir Pk but that's still way out crazy. I realise it's got hee haw to do with us but more out of curiosity I ask the question why?

What times the last train back up to Inverness?

misunderstanding you i may be, but trying to suggest are you mr potty, that the accies caley games kickoff has been deemed a three o'clock start by the football authorities to ensure caley fans can get home that day by train? ..... so a three o'clock kickoff for the convenience of a few dozen tuechters being able to get home after the game, at the inconvenience for five, six, seven, eight, nine hundred accies fans who will be unable to attend due to work?

on that basis, i'd ask when's the last train to glasgow from aberdeen? ..... and why isn't our game tomorrow a three pm kickoff?

misunderstanding you i may be, but trying to suggest are you mr potty, that the accies caley games kickoff has been deemed a three o'clock start by the football authorities to ensure caley fans can get home that day by train? ..... so a three o'clock kickoff for the convenience of a few dozen tuechters being able to get home after the game, at the inconvenience for five, six, seven, eight, nine hundred accies fans who will be unable to attend due to work?

on that basis, i'd ask when's the last train to glasgow from aberdeen? ..... and why isn't our game tomorrow a three pm kickoff?

Yup, I would ask the same question re Aberdeen.

• Like 1

Would doubt very much that the SPFL would have insisted on a 3pm kick-off for Hamilton v Inverness rather the two teams would have agreed to switch and had their request to do so approved.

Odd call for Hamilton. Any Inverness fan travelling to that game is pretty much having to take time off to go whether it is a 3pm or 7:45pm kick-off. At least this way they get up the road at a reasonable time. They don't get a split of the gate so matters little to Inverness how small the crowd is.

The home support, I would imagine, will be reduced though. A sub 1,000 crowd very likely.

Yup, I would ask the same question re Aberdeen.

or, to widen the point, why didn't we play this match back in november on the international weekend when scotland didn't have a fixture, and top tier teams had a weekend off, as i and other posters suggested.

as i commented at the time and was proven correct, several weeks before that free weekend, not only would thistle and aberdeen have few if any callups for other nations, almost all top tier clubs could justifiably brought the fixtures scheduled for thirtieth december forward. i also noted long range forecast was not favourable and worsening as the month of december wore on (hardly surprising admittedly for scotland for time of year, but still a valid consideration to check).

two saturday call offs for us this month already, and now tonights match may fall to weather. we are not the only club to have had matches postponed this month, and tonight will likely see a number of games fall victim to the weather.

another two months likely of more call offs lie ahead, so fixture backlog and lots of midweek matches lie ahead this season. as soon as scotland were confirmed not to be in euro playoffs, the authorities should have acted. that way at least, the round of matches scheduled this midweek would have been fulfilled in november.

but what do the fans know. in fact, why bother thinking about the fans, the lifeblood of scottish football. why care what they have to suffer or be faced with, especially in wild winter weather travelling to matches or shivering in cold concrete stands. why bother being forward thinking or proactive to make our game attractive, and encourage fans to turn up and pay their hard earned.

i could stand on this soapbox all day and rant about this subject. and still i would have more to vent about. plenty more suggestions and solutions too. but why bother. no one's listening. none of our spfl leaders care about the fans. we've been fvcked for years and will continue to be fvcked for as long it stays the cartel of cvnts.