Third Last Jag Standing

BowenBoys

We could introduce a 'made an ar5e of it but get another shot' rule*.

First time your prediction is incorrect, you stay in. Will make the game longer and keep interest going. Could be interesting in the later stages too.

It's up to you, it's your competition. Let me know what you think.

*might need a better name though (a Dastardly? :) ).

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 1

First time your prediction is incorrect, you stay in. Will make the game longer and keep interest going. Could be interesting in the later stages too.

Like it!

I'll have my people talk to your people about a copyright infringement. We could settle this amicably if I can have 2

If you apply this up to the final consisting of two people who never got it wrong earlier, the final essentially becomes the best of three matches (lose your first, you start again).

ETA: Unless you exclude the final, but in that case if one finalist had had a second chance and the other finalist had never been wrong, it might be unfair on the latter if he loses his first game..... Complicated!

Edited by Jaggernaut

In a very poor Monty Python style - how about;

Last Jag Standing - The (not quite) sudden death version!

Or

LJS - The definitely not Dick Dastardly version.

I rather like "Last Jag Standing - The one Dick Datardley wins"

(Maybe I should have though of a better user name. DD never won on Wacky Races)

If you apply this up to the final consisting of two people who never got it wrong earlier, the final essentially becomes the best of three matches (lose your first, you start again).

ETA: Unless you exclude the final, but in that case if one finalist had had a second chance and the other finalist had never been wrong, it might be unfair on the latter if he loses his first game..... Complicated!

I imagine that most of the bonuses will be used in the first round. The second round will appear very much like the first with the exception that some players will survive with bonus intact. After that, who knows. Players will begin to drop out but at a slower rate. With three variables, logic says that two-thirds will drop out in each round. We have had two competitions. The first took 7 rounds to get down to the last two. The second, only 3. In the end, it's just a bit of fun to while away the dark winter. I think it's worth a go. Anybody firmly against it?

In a very poor Monty Python style - how about;

Last Jag Standing - The (not quite) sudden death version!

Or

LJS - The definitely not Dick Dastardly version.

I rather like "Last Jag Standing - The one Dick Datardley wins"

(Maybe I should have though of a better user name. DD never won on Wacky Races)

Think the competition name is fine as Third Last Jag Standing. What I was looking for, and I should have made this clearer, is a good jaggy name for the Joker or Get Out Of Jail Free bonus itself. In the rules that I am compiling, I refer to it as 'asterisk' because that is the physical manifestation but we can do better than that.

Can I be the voice of dissension here and we say bugger this new rule. Who wants a long last jag standing? What we want is a fourth , a fifth and a sixth if possible. Anyway, if Dick Dastardly wants to be a winner maybe he should change his name. Have you never watched the Wacky Races?

So far we have had one positive and one negative response to the potential rule change. Let's have some more opinions.

Now, the future of LJS. First we have to get another six players to get 3LJS started. Could start anytime now while 2LJS is playing out its endgame.

Assuming we make it and 3LJS happens, the competition after that will be Last Jag Standing Still. This is a competition for all of the WAT68.

Once these competitions are finished we will see how many games are left in the season. At the moment there are 19 games to be played. With a cup run to the final and (God forbid) play-offs, the maximum number of games is 25.

So we could then play 4LJS etc. as time allows. We could, as at present, raise funds for a prize top or just play for fun.

The best way to get more comps in is to start them promptly. So let's get 6 more names pronto so we can start 3LJS on 16 Jan v Dundee.

Welcome Milton Keynes Jag. The 69th WAT player sponsor this season.

I will PM payment details in due course. When the competition starts, you predict the outcome of Jags games. If you're right you stay in. When everybody else has exited the competition you have won the seventeenth top.

All will become clear when we have another 4 players.

Thanks oneteaminglasgow.

Ok, as jagfox and The Sunnylaw Jag have done in previous comps, I will underwrite the balance. So that, ladies and gentlemen, is the 17th top secured. Say it slowly, seventeenth. Remarkable achievement, well done all. £2250 raised for Archie.

Still happy for more players to take the last places, 2 more players.