Does Anyone Proof Read The Official Site?

PaleGreySky

There's two bannigans in the U19s team in the youth round up. I've never even heard of the burbridge guys who scored after five minutes, but I'd guess he was playing if he scored after five minutes. Everything that goes on that site has a mistake in it. It's not hard to check things...

There's two bannigans in the U19s team in the youth round up. I've never even heard of the burbridge guys who scored after five minutes, but I'd guess he was playing if he scored after five minutes. Everything that goes on that site has a mistake in it. It's not hard to check things...

Fancy taking on the role? I'm sure Tam would welcome the rest.

No, it's not my responsibility and wouldn't take a position unless I had time to do it properly. If someone takes up the responsibility to write for the site, it should be done properly.

In that case, how little you know about the immediacy of the internet. Actually, that's me being flippant as I'm sure you do. What would you rather have, late news on your club website or the first word with a booh-booh now and again?

Again, please accept my apology PaleGreySky, and anyone else who read it, my careless error once more. And thanks for drawing it to my attention.

BTW, it's Mark Burbrige. First season at Firhill, ex St Mirren. The player profile section could do with being updated - will get on to that once Saturday's programme has gone to the printers.

Could I enter a request, please, for the team line-ups to be clearly printed in the programme? There haven't been any team lines in the last two programmes, which pretty well renders them useless. And please don't let the printers add an extra 1000 to the attendance at the Berwick game. Moreover, please note that the correct form for the unofficial bounce games is "closed-door match", NOT "close door match". Thank you for your kind attention - I will send you other items for correction as I spot them.

Could I enter a request, please, for the team line-ups to be clearly printed in the programme? There haven't been any team lines in the last two programmes, which pretty well renders them useless. And please don't let the printers add an extra 1000 to the attendance at the Berwick game. Moreover, please note that the correct form for the unofficial bounce games is "closed-door match", NOT "close door match". Thank you for your kind attention - I will send you other items for correction as I spot them.

Thank you.

You will be pleased to learn that the team lines will be back in Saturday's programme and should be appearing on the back page of the programme for the remainder of the season.

The Berwick Rangers crowd was corrected in the Falkirk programme.

Your point re 'closed-door match' is noted.

Thanks again, and feel free to PM/e-mail me any further observations you might have.

Thank you.

You will be pleased to learn that the team lines will be back in Saturday's programme and should be appearing on the back page of the programme for the remainder of the season.

The Berwick Rangers crowd was corrected in the Falkirk programme.

Your point re 'closed-door match' is noted.

Thanks again, and feel free to PM/e-mail me any further observations you might have.

lost the will to live yet Tom? if not why not ;)

As someone who has worn out the refresh button many times in the past waiting for the official site to update, I couldn't care less about the odd typo in the articles. I appreciate greatly the effort Tam puts in getting stuff online, especially on a Saturday when work has stopped me from making the game.

Take no notice of the detractors and keep up the good work. There are many things wrong with Partick Thistle right now. The official website is not one of them.

This thread in an absolute embarassment. Someone puts in what I presume must be a ridiculous amount of hours, entirely voluntarily, purely to help the club, and they get tubes on here criticising entirely insignificant spelling mistakes. Do people genuinely have nothing better to do with their lives than criticise folk who are actually bothering to get up from their keyboard and do something for the club? Utterly embarassing.

This thread in an absolute embarassment. Someone puts in what I presume must be a ridiculous amount of hours, entirely voluntarily, purely to help the club, and they get tubes on here criticising entirely insignificant spelling mistakes. Do people genuinely have nothing better to do with their lives than criticise folk who are actually bothering to get up from their keyboard and do something for the club? Utterly embarassing.

Double "r" in embarrass, thank you.

;)

Mark Burbridge does play for Thistle. He was signed on a Professional contract from St Mirren as he was released after a few months or whatever. Great player, played against him many times when he played for Drumchapel. Is that good enough for you?

Edited by Jeehon

Before this thread disappears off of the foot of the page, I did promise Tom Hosie I would return with further corrections for the programme. So, to keep the thread going, let's turn to page 3 of the Falkirk programme(24.08.2010)middle column thereof: "We haven't defended it well but the ball has basically just hit ..." should read: We didn't defend it well but the ball basically just hit ...

I realise this is simply a matter of tense usage, but we need to get it right! Incidentally, in the first column we have "the Thistle fans that came down", which should of course be 'the Thistle fans WHO came down'. Lots more to follow in due course - for the moment I need to get to Firhill for the Ayr United game!

I assume that Admin will jump promptly on this sort of unwarranted comment. All that I have submitted here(and elsewhere) to Tom Hosie has been both appreciated and acknowledged. My intention - consistently - is to assist in the process of raising standards at PTFC. There WILL be more to follow and it WILL be grammatically and syntactically accurate. Today's win was pleasing. Who will it be in the semi-final?

I assume that Admin will jump promptly on this sort of unwarranted comment. All that I have submitted here(and elsewhere) to Tom Hosie has been both appreciated and acknowledged. My intention - consistently - is to assist in the process of raising standards at PTFC. There WILL be more to follow and it WILL be grammatically and syntactically accurate. Today's win was pleasing. Who will it be in the semi-final?

Why not do it by way of a PM if it's so appreciated, then we woudln't have to read you (I assume) attempting to be droll but instead coming across as a bit of a smug twat. :P

There's more worrying & pressing matters that need to be dealt with at PTFC, many with raising standards, than a few spelling/grammar mistakes in a programme.