Does Anyone Proof Read The Official Site?

PaleGreySky

There's so many mistakes on it it's unbelievable.

"This were close to making the moist of that let off in the 67th minute"

"From the corner that followed presented Simon Donnelly with a chance but he could only lash his shot high over the bar."

Both from the Falkirk match report. It's like this all the time.

"From the corner that followed presented Simon Donnelly with a chance but he could only lash his shot high over the bar."

it would be good if they spel chekced it every once in a whiel

Given that the match report is up on the official site a matter of minutes after the final whistle, I imagine Tam is typing it up as the game is going on. I defy anyone to try and pay attention to the game while typing up all the notable incidents and not make a few errors.

When I can't make the game, I'm very grateful to read a match report so quickly.

Given that the match report is up on the official site a matter of minutes after the final whistle, I imagine Tam is typing it up as the game is going on. I defy anyone to try and pay attention to the game while typing up all the notable incidents and not make a few errors.

When I can't make the game, I'm very grateful to read a match report so quickly.

Spot on :thumbsup2:

Anyway it's just a pity we didn't take tuesday's game into extra time with the impetuous. :)

Get Jackie Mac or Jack Ross to do it - they're 'proper' journalists after all. :angry:

Too much haste not enough attention to detail. Sorry. Will try harder on Saturday.

Too much haste not enough attention to detail. Sorry. Will try harder on Saturday.

I quite like the occassional mishtype or ship up in your updates, match reports, reactions - things like donnelly takes a shit (when you meant shot), the impetuous, and other such gems or just sometimes simple letter wrong or missing.

Some things can be a bit annoying or 'how did you not see the error there?' scenario's, but on the whole, the mistypes don't bother me, nor make me think 'what an illiterate fool', and whatsomore, i appreciate the work you put in and how quickly reports and other articles are put up, as well as the occassional bouts of brutal honesty in the match updates such as how crap we are in some games.

I quite like the occassional mishtype or ship up in your updates, match reports, reactions - things like donnelly takes a shit (when you meant shot), the impetuous, and other such gems or just sometimes simple letter wrong or missing.

Some things can be a bit annoying or 'how did you not see the error there?' scenario's, but on the whole, the mistypes don't bother me, nor make me think 'what an illiterate fool', and whatsomore, i appreciate the work you put in and how quickly reports and other articles are put up, as well as the occassional bouts of brutal honesty in the match updates such as how crap we are in some games.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever badly hyphenate the word 'therapist'.

My memory isn't what it used to be but was that the game where Miller scored direct from a corner for the second goal :unsure: ?

Miller missed that game due to an injury from an incident midweek involving a threshing machine whilst out working the fields.

• Members

I've noticed a few mistakes on the OS in the past, however, I find it just as easy to pm Tom and let him know about it directly. I always get a reply and a thanks and the mistake is rectified promptly. Way better than what it used to be. More folk should give this a try!

Miller missed that game due to an injury from an incident midweek involving a threshing machine whilst out working the fields.

:thinking: If you're referring to the time when when his arm was ripped from its socket I'm certain he still played on the Saturday. My memory is a bit hazy but perhaps you're confusing him with McLeod and the incident with his mother's mangle? :unsure:

agree wholehartedly