Next Season

Paolo

I hope we finish top six next season, but its disappointing to read that players are leaving because of a wage cut, I would've thought more money would be available with the other old firm team being in the league, and more tv money available. Hopefully Colin might invest in the first team to move us upwards.

I hope we finish top six next season,

I naturally want to see us finish as high up the table as possible but this top six/bottom six thingy annoys me. We scored 9 goals after the split but if we had scored a solitary goal immediately before then post split scored zilch losing 99 goals we'd still have ended up 3 places better off. No sour grapes just a genuine dislike of a daft system that throws up so many anomalies.

Lets be realistic. It will be a major shock if Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts don't fill the top 4 (maybe not in that order). That means we need to be top 2 in a 10 team league. I hope we can do it, but I'm not expecting it and won't be disappointed if we don't manage it. Clear of any relegation wories with a few games to spare would keep me happy again.

• Like 2

I hope Colin keeps his money as far away from the first team as possible.

I'd rather see a business plan that supports the development of talent that can be sold on and that Archie continues to offer players contracts that reflect his opinion of their talent and worth.

The academy and community football is the right place for investing in the long term future of Partick Thistle Football Club and not short term buying of what would be very limited success.

Evidence so far would suggest that the Weir's are of the same opinion I'm delighted to report.

• Like 1

I don't think spending money on the first team really counts as an investment, at least as far as the Weirs are concerned. With an investment, you usually get a return on your money. I think the only logical place for them to put their money is into the youth setup or maybe a stadium refresh. And I'm only cautiously optimistic about the youth setup.

I haven't been to Firhill in forever - have they fixed any of the amenities that fans have complained about for years, e.g. the toilets or the seats covered in bird droppings?

The club owe the Weirs now.

They have given an extraordinary amount already that has facilitated fantastic opportunities for the business and sporting excellence.

They set up and continue funding Thistle Weir, which has yet to make a return which perpetuates the scheme. They have helped clear the club's bank debt, lifting a huge burden off the business.

The Weirs have very wisely avoided putting money straight into the team. In Archie we trust, but football is a gamble. We all want a first class first team. But even with buckets of cash that can take time and be humped by a couple of Goodwin tackles or Collum bookings.

The club, and the fans, must now take advantage of that clean slate and show the Weirs, and the world, it is worth it and we can produce. Extra investment would be helpful but if we can't progress on and off the the pitch. from here, a debt free top flight club with over a £1million granted to youth development, something must be rotten at the core. I'm pretty confident the core is ripe for the challenge.

It's disappointing losing first team regulars like Frans, Seabo, Miller, but the fact we are maintaining a prudent budget is encouraging.

We're debt free, but income to pay wages from crowds, TV and sponsors ain't radically changed yet. Archie and Maxi know the deal, and so far have been expert in making it work for the club.

I'd like to know if the club's relationship with Firhill Developments Ltd remains that they still only own about 50% of 50% of the stadium (Colin Weir stand and the Bing), if the Weirs are fully aware of it, and have considered it's pros and cons.

Like it or loathe it the "propco" plan was a practical one to generate income, by sale or continuous by renting of redeveloped areas of the stadium. It was a scheme which sought and found investment.

If the Weirs are able to invest further in the club it might be wise to consider increasing the club's share in that potential return before lining the pockets of fragile footballers or allowing any future profit from development of the stadium to slip out of the hands of the club.

We may be debt free, but in no position to loose out on potential future income.

• Like 4

Genuinely not fussed if we finish top 6 or not. I have the same desire for next year that I have had each season in the top flight 1. To avoid relegation/play offs 2. A cup run 3. To be competitive with a style that entertains.

Anything else is a bonus such as top 6 a win against the OF or specifically for me because I live in the shadow of Fir Park an away win against the Well.

• Like 2