Who Else Has ****** Had Enough

MWM

Think its now time for McCall to go,don't think its the Board fault,they backed his judgement handing out 2 year deals to average players and giving contracts to 30 something spent football players,we need a future with the young players coming through and hungry players who want to get their careers back on track,McCall keeps on giving out soundbytes in the press and radio about 3yr plans and 5yr plans,the man talks absolute garbage

When was the last time you heard McCall say anything of the sort, the last he spoke about any plan was to say it is now a 'fluid' plan. Ask yourself why that might be. Also, I will forgive him for his occassional bad signings (Turner, Lennon, Akins, Hamilton) because he has brought in more in transfer fees than anyone has for a long long time. In addition, the players he signed on 2 year deals were doing well at the time and almost every fan was happy about it, the players he signed (Lovell, Shields, Hodge) were good signings and almost every fan would agree with that, unfortunately they diudn't work out.

Jaggy Mac, Sid and Archie won't be the worst players this season and Boyle is beginning to come good. Throw in people like Buchanan and Cairney and I'd say McCall has done not too bad in the transfer dealings. His problems lie in getting the best out of certain players and my feeling is that McCalls heart is not in it anymore...I blame the BoD for some of that as well as Dundee (and of course his own decision to leave us for them).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time you heard McCall say anything of the sort, the last he spoke about any plan was to say it is now a 'fluid' plan. Ask yourself why that might be. Also, I will forgive him for his occassional bad signings (Turner, Lennon, Akins, Hamilton) because he has brought in more in transfer fees than anyone has for a long long time. In addition, the players he signed on 2 year deals were doing well at the time and almost every fan was happy about it, the players he signed (Lovell, Shields, Hodge) were good signings and almost every fan would agree with that, unfortunately they diudn't work out.

Jaggy Mac, Sid and Archie won't be the worst players this season and Boyle is beginning to come good. Throw in people like Buchanan and Cairney and I'd say McCall has done not too bad in the transfer dealings. His problems lie in getting the best out of certain players and my feeling is that McCalls heart is not in it anymore...I blame the BoD for some of that as well as Dundee (and of course his own decision to leave us for them).

Can't believe you're putting your faith in McCall,did you forget how bad last season was as well,if these players are as good as you say they are why can't McCall motivate them,some of these players have been good players but are probably coming to the end of their careers,this should have been regognised as well.McCall has went overboard on the old pals act front,how many coaches have we now got,Sid,Maxie,Jackie M,Ian Cameron and Gerry Britton. Do we really need all these coaches ,player coaches etc,regarding your comments on Buchanan and Cairney,these guys have went back the way in their career,not kicked on like they should have,is it the coaching ? or are they not as good as you think they are. Paddy Boyle has had one good game in a year{DUNDEE).IT'S NOW TIME TO GET REAL

Like Uberteeb will keep going but don't believe we are capable of getting the results.

Biggest problem for me is the so pedestrian attitude to most of our games, it's such a slow build up in play by which time the opposition have got everyone back - Colin Cameron was probably the oldest man on the park yesterday and he could beat half our players for pace.

We will insist on knocking it sideways and backwards and then a blast up the park. When we do have the ball in a good position we want to take an extra touch when a shot would have been the better option. (e.g. Grehan & Erskine playing the ball back and forwards to each other in the penalty box)

There isn't any fight when we're losing, there was a brief flurry after we lost the goal but that petered out. There aren't any ball winners, all our bookings seem to be for daft things like dissent rather than fouls.

It may be the start of the season but this has been going on for too long, we were awful for large parts last year and it's just depressing seeing a continuation of the same old.

Saying all this I doubt even in the unlikely event that McCall walks or was pushed that we could do any better for management. Lambie was the only man to have brought a degree of success over the last 30 years, any new manager would be stuck with the same players / financial constraints.

Can't believe you're putting your faith in McCall,did you forget how bad last season was as well,if these players are as good as you say they are why can't McCall motivate them,some of these players have been good players but are probably coming to the end of their careers,this should have been regognised as well.McCall has went overboard on the old pals act front,how many coaches have we now got,Sid,Maxie,Jackie M,Ian Cameron and Gerry Britton. Do we really need all these coaches ,player coaches etc,regarding your comments on Buchanan and Cairney,these guys have went back the way in their career,not kicked on like they should have,is it the coaching ? or are they not as good as you think they are. Paddy Boyle has had one good game in a year{DUNDEE).IT'S NOW TIME TO GET REAL

You've a bit of an assumptions there have you not? Did I say I was putting my faith in McCall? As for Liam and Paul, for the record I think they are both good players (which I never said in the post you replied to BTW) with the potential to play at a higher level, in Liams case the wheels have come of the wagon but form is temporary talent is permanent, and Cairney has been progressing well imo. You questioned McCall on his signings and I gave my opinion on that, a bit different to saying I still have faith in him. If you are questioning McCalls commitment then fair enough, if you're saying he has taken the Club as far as he can I might be inclined to agree with you and if you are questioning his tactics in 2010 you'd be quite right. If you are saying Cairney and Buchanan were not good signings then Id say you're wrong, if you're saying the BoD are not to blame, you're wrong. If you're saying his signing policy overall has been poor then imo you're wrong. If you think I am not 'getting real' you are very very wrong. So what exactly are you saying? Is it McCalls signings, his 'old pals act' (are Sid, Maxi, MacNamara, Ian Cameron old pals of McCall? You're not getting Gerry as coach because he aint one) or is it just McCall generally?

You obviously havent been to many games this season. Boyle has arguably been one of our better performers this season.

This is the time for the Jags Trust to decide where it wants to be

it can do 2 things

1- back the board/club and become a fundrasing arm for them

2- stand up and say we are unhappy with the direction of the club and start to raise funds to buy them out one by one if necessary

The fans are angry all patience for the players/manager/board has run out

it can do 2 things

2- stand up and say we are unhappy with the direction of the club and start to raise funds to buy them out one by one if necessary

I asked a question earlier in this thread (post no23) that no-one can or wants to answer, unless someone knows the answer to it we can't look at the 2nd part of option 2 imo.

it can do 2 things

The Jags Trust have shown time after time that they will not say or do anything that the BOD will not agree with.

it can do 2 things

My point I've been trying to make for weeks is that the Jags Trust neither has a mandate to be singly a fund raising arm for the Club or to act as the machinery for fan ownership. I suggested a split under the umbrella of the JT (one arm re straightforward fundraising and one arm solely dedicated to increased fan ownership) so as most members feel their membership has some form of representation. I'm a JT member at present and haven't a clue as to the current direction the JT is taking as to :unsure: whatever.

The Jags Trust have shown time after time that they will not say or do anything that the BOD will not agree with.

I'm not so sure that's correct but the fact that your post is in no way ridiculed imo speaks volumes

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• Members

My point I've been trying to make for weeks is that the Jags Trust neither has a mandate to be singly a fund raising arm for the Club or to act as the machinery for fan ownership. I suggested a split under the umbrella of the JT (one arm re straightforward fundraising and one arm solely dedicated to increased fan ownership) so as most members feel their membership has some form of representation. I'm a JT member at present and haven't a clue as to the current direction the JT is taking as to :unsure: whatever.

I'm not so sure that's correct but the fact that your post is in no way ridiculed imo speaks volumes

Campbell Hughes, Tom Hosie, Brian McKigen, Graham Lang and myself formed a fund-raising committee s few seasons back with a small degree of success over the period of one season. The 1876 Club should have pushed it up another notch. However, obstacles started getting put in the way and some of us were disgusted at the way people who tried to help the Club were treated by those with a bit of a say at Partick Thistle. Too many folk are happy with the way the Jags Trust is ran at the moment when it comes to influence and raising cash.

Campbell Hughes, Tom Hosie, Brian McKigen, Graham Lang and myself formed a fund-raising committee s few seasons back with a small degree of success over the period of one season. The 1876 Club should have pushed it up another notch. However, obstacles started getting put in the way and some of us were disgusted at the way people who tried to help the Club were treated by those with a bit of a say at Partick Thistle. Too many folk are happy with the way the Jags Trust is ran at the moment when it comes to influence and raising cash.

Will, I think we're both on the same track here but I do question the "too many". Might just sound like semantics but I sense too many are apathetic to or ignorant of rather than happy with.

You've a bit of an assumptions there have you not? Did I say I was putting my faith in McCall? As for Liam and Paul, for the record I think they are both good players (which I never said in the post you replied to BTW) with the potential to play at a higher level, in Liams case the wheels have come of the wagon but form is temporary talent is permanent, and Cairney has been progressing well imo. You questioned McCall on his signings and I gave my opinion on that, a bit different to saying I still have faith in him. If you are questioning McCalls commitment then fair enough, if you're saying he has taken the Club as far as he can I might be inclined to agree with you and if you are questioning his tactics in 2010 you'd be quite right. If you are saying Cairney and Buchanan were not good signings then Id say you're wrong, if you're saying the BoD are not to blame, you're wrong. If you're saying his signing policy overall has been poor then imo you're wrong. If you think I am not 'getting real' you are very very wrong. So what exactly are you saying? Is it McCalls signings, his 'old pals act' (are Sid, Maxi, MacNamara, Ian Cameron old pals of McCall? You're not getting Gerry as coach because he aint one) or is it just McCall generally?

Can I add Craig Hinchcliffe instead of Gerry Britton then,look what is happening to our club !

Hinchy is well respected as a goalkeeping coach, so personally I'm glad he's at the club.

Do agree with steven, McCall has made far more good signings than bad ones. He's also had a big part to play in revamping our youth structure....and surely we all agree that looks promising. Last season was very much a season of two halves for us . first half i think most would agree we played very good football and picked up a good fee wins and scored plenty of goals. for one reason of another, from about boxing day onwards, the goals dried up, as did the wins.

I really hoped that as so many defeats were by one goal, last season, that we'd be fine defensively this season and with pre season under their belts the forwards would start a fresh and get the goals flowing. Sadly we've leaked goals and still forwards struggle in front of goal......in fact whole team struggles in front of goal. Some have lost form (buckie ) but I believe they can get it back.

i'm not at the point that i'm giving up on McCall but he must sort things out and soon. Only shred of comfort i took from saturday was that he took it on the chin, never hide under any excuses....he firmly blamed himself. Players have to take some of the blame too but at least McCall held his hands up. Is McCall's heart in it (I thought after dundee it very much was), I ain't 100% convinced.

finally if people want to boycott matches in protest of how club run.......please, do it for away games. hurt the other teams in the league financially, don't do it to our own club..........I understand your angry but is boycotting games at firhill the answer?

Really? Care to make a comparison?

And where would you stand on a player like Steve Lovell? His can be interpreted as a 'good signing', although he was bowfing once he actually pulled the boots on.

I thought, like a lot did at the time, that lovell was a good signing. Sadly only the ICT match and airdrie away could be classed as good games....it never worked.It's a fact, every manager makes bad signings....bloddy hell Lambie made massive amounts of them.......but the good ones made up for it.

I still believe there are a number of good players at our club and we can turn the corner. I'm sticking to my prediction that we'll finish 5th this season but yes, things must improve and quickly.

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit i was.

I still believe there are a number of good players at our club and we can turn the corner.

So do I, but I'm not convinced McCall's the man to steer them round it.

When you look at the success he had with Harkins - moulding him into an excellent attacking midfielder having initially fielded him as a frighteningly inefficient centre back and getting him into shape via punishing personal fitness sessions - it's frustrating to see players like Hodge failing to maximise their talent partly because the manager hasn't settled on a system that suits them.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

So do I, but I'm not convinced McCall's the man to steer them round it.

When you look at the success he had with Harkins - moulding him into an excellent attacking midfielder having initially fielded him as a frighteningly inefficient centre back and getting him into shape via punishing personal fitness sessions - it's frustrating to see players like Hodge failing to maximise their talent partly because the manager hasn't settled on a system that suits them.

Yeah i couldn't agree more. I hope McCall can be the man to turn it around.I used to believe he would, im only hoping now .