Aberdeen 04/11/16

Lindau

Only Archie could take off both our strikers at 2-1 down and move to 3 at the back. Makes you wonder why we even bother turning up against the likes of Aberdeen. Easiest 3 points they will pick up all season.

moving barton into midfield allowed aberdeen to score their second...devine is gash unless barton is alongside in a 3

So the 2 strikers hit the net in past couple of games, but both are subbed and we play a quarter of the game with no strikers?!? WTF?

Edwards should have been hooked at half time and replaced by Erskine.

Shat it against a big team again.

Not a big fan of edwards either...he gives it away too much

• Like 1

The amount of pure bile spouted by the usual suspects whilst expected is hard to take particularly as you are still hurting from the result.

Easy to lash out other than criticise what else do they offer, certainly not an entrance fee?

Really disappointed, we are better than that but for some reason we have an inability to go toe to toe with these teams and force a result. Maybe it takes the experience of doing it to repeat it but for now that is little comfort.

Only Archie could take off both our strikers at 2-1 down and move to 3 at the back. Makes you wonder why we even bother turning up against the likes of Aberdeen. Easiest 3 points they will pick up all season.

The back to back 4-0 wins against Killie and Ross C were nail biters right enough.

• Like 1

Don't know if I'm included in your general pop at people. But just for your information, I paid my entrance fees in the summer when I renewed my season ticket.

Other than giving you some credibility by association your not worth commenting on generally.

The defence looked pretty comfortable in the first half outside of Aberdeen's goal. But, we looked much more open in the 2nd half when Barton moved to midfield and Aberdeen looked much more threatening because of that. I thought they pressed us very high up the pitch which resulted in us punting high balls to Azeez, but he lost so many headers tonight and the ball just wasn't sticking for him. As good as Dools is on the ball, he has a very frustrating habit of running to close someone down then slowing up when he gets near them - the end result is that he's wasted energy and not applied real pressure. He really needs to improve his game to understand when to close someone down aggressively. In the midfield, Welsh and Abs did alright, closed down well as did Edwards, but he doesn't jump to challenge for headers and his final ball can let him down, but didn't do too badly. 4-2-3-1 formation worked well against our 3-5-2 formation. Moving Barton forward was a risk that didn't work out - but their goal was really well taken by Stockley.

I think in truth Aberdeen could have stepped it up a gear had we scored again but it's so frustrating when they play that risky tactic and we get chances like we did late on in the game. That's obviously why they have dropped so many points, there were times they played like they were 3 up rather than just one goal in it.

Their high pressing does force mistakes and I agree with others that it results in long high balls when our defence are closed down quickly and I thought azeez looked more tired than doolan when he was replaced as he wasn't able to chase down or put his physicality into his game after about 55 mins.

But for the love of god can we please get someone who can take a free kick or corner, welshes efforts tonight apart from the one Barton scored from were absolutely honking.

Lastly to note that Bobby madden is a f*cking useless ref and James Madison is a c*nt.

• Like 2

Can't agree re Ryan Edwards, Hugh. I like him but he looked like a wee lost boy out there tonight and I would have subbed him at HT. Just why Archie moved Barton into midfield when he was strolling it at the back is beyond comprehension. If he had been in his normal defensive position Stockley wouldn't have scored. When he moved Barton out of the back 3, the (at that point) solid defence became very shaky at it corresponded with Aberdeens best spell. Lesson learned for Archie there. After what happened at Perth I just can't grasp why he didn't try to keep things tight for 20 minutes or so, after the equaliser. Taking Barton out of defence cost us a point, at least

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Can't agree re Ryan Edwards, Hugh. I like him but he looked like a wee lost boy out there tonight and I would have subbed him at HT. Just why Archie moved Barton into midfield when he was strolling it at the back is beyond comprehension. If he had been in his normal defensive position Stockley wouldn't have scored. When he moved Barton out of the back 3, the (at that point) solid defence became very shaky at it corresponded with Aberdeens best spell. Lesson learned for Archie there. After what happened at Perth I just can't grasp why he didn't try to keep things tight for 20 minutes or so, after the equaliser. Taking Barton out of defence cost us a point, at least

Agree to a point Lindau, it was a brave decision by Archie to start the second half with Barton in midfield however when we equalised he should have put Barton back into defence for 10 mins or so to consolidate.

He didn't and Archie needs to learn from this.

• Like 1

We should have been 2 up before they scored. Azeez again squandering a one on one and Devine putting over from a couple of feet. Can't agree about Welsh's corners. They were much better tonight.

It was clear that Aberdeen are a much better team than us, but we could have drawn that game at least.

As far as refereeing is concerned it amazes me how many decisions the "big" teams get.

We should have been 2 up before they scored. Azeez again squandering a one on one and Devine putting over from a couple of feet. Can't agree about Welsh's corners. They were much better tonight.

It was clear that Aberdeen are a much better team than us, but we could have drawn that game at least.

As far as refereeing is concerned it amazes me how many decisions the "big" teams get.

It was almost laughable when Madden paced out the distance at one of our free kicks and when the Aberdeen defensive line wouldn't move he just sprayed where they were standing anyway.

I really don't know where you get the idea that I don't follow the team or go to the games. And to be honest, I don't really care.

Maybe it's your eternal criticism and bitchin about the team. To be honest if you really didn't care I'd feel better because you would fade away and stop your negative comments, however feel free to regurgitate some of the positive ones you have posted recently to prove me wrong.