Gary Fraser

Lindau

The lay off must be going to his head if he is going to "Steak and Kidney" concerts and singing Tiny Bubbles....lol. Be interesting to see if the club offer him a new deal. No doubting he is a good player. Personally I would offer him a pay as you play deal next season for 6 months just to prove that he is fully fit and take it from there.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick_thistle/14907085.Partick_Thistle_s_Gary_Fraser_on_how_his_Grandad__with_a_little_help_from_Sydney_Devine__is_helping_him_through_injury_hell/

Have to say the odds of Gary being a success at Firhill are long. It would be kind to say injuries have disrupted his time with the Jags but all too often he has been available and never even made the bench. There has been flashes of brilliance but they too often have been surrounded by nothing other than a wayward long pass.

Would love it if he lived up to his early promise with the Accies but unless we see some real signs of a consistent performer soon I certainly would not resign him, our budget is tight enough and we need everyone in the squad capable of contributing.

Don't exactly share Metz's opinion re Gary but at the same time we are well provided for in central midfield. Regardless of formation we really only ever start three midfielders in central roles. Osman, Banzo & Erskine would most likely be first choice under the present set up but Barton would be a strong contender under any other formation. Neither Edwards or Welsh deserve to be left out just now and it would be easy to argue that those two would deserve to be ahead of a fit Gary Fraser.

Apart from showing the form he's capable of I feel if Gary's to be a regular enough pick in a fit squad he'll have to show more versatility. Anyway first thing's first so let's hope he returns fit and strong asap.

Would you rather Gary was in the Jags squad, or a squad facing the Jags ? I know which one I'd want, so if he has thrown off the injuries, I'd give him a new deal.

If he is fit again, would it be worth sending him on loan to get some game time and to show what he can do ?

Out of all our midfielders simply based on his time with the Jags he would simply not feature ahead of the rest including Wilson. The balance of the squad is too weighted towards the midfield, with only 2 recognised centre forwards and 3 centre halfs. Assuming the squad won't grow we need to let at least one midfielder go to bring in another forward, as indicated before I would have no problem letting Gary go no matter were he ends up. It isn't personal I would also show Declan the door as he is in the same camp, lots of promise but just not doing enough. David Wilson is not getting enough game time but when he comes on normally shows what he has his challenge is to force himself into the team if he can't then he too should be moved on.

although i think wilson needs to go out on loan

To where? I don't see any premiership team taking him so what will that prove if he is in the championship or worse? He needs to be forcing himself into the first team, if he can't then he is either holding back someone from the development team coming through or reducing Archie's first team budget. Cruel I know but that's life.

To where? I don't see any premiership team taking him so what will that prove if he is in the championship or worse? He needs to be forcing himself into the first team, if he can't then he is either holding back someone from the development team coming through or reducing Archie's first team budget. Cruel I know but that's life.

Well sending Doolan, Bannigan and Lindsay to name a few out to lower league clubs seemed to work. By far the majority of loans are downward. Dorrans to us Snodgrass to Stirling(?). Wilson needs regular competitive football and the odd overage outing in the U20s is insufficient.

• Like 1

Well sending Doolan, Bannigan and Lindsay to name a few out to lower league clubs seemed to work. By far the majority of loans are downward. Dorrans to us Snodgrass to Stirling(?). Wilson needs regular competitive football and the odd overage outing in the U20s is insufficient.

Maybe facts will contradict me and prove me wrong and if they do I am happy to admit a failing. All of these examples are at a lower level and lower age, I agree he needs regular competitive action but at Championship level or lower for me doesn't prove anything he should have already been there.

Maybe facts will contradict me and prove me wrong and if they do I am happy to admit a failing. All of these examples are at a lower level and lower age, I agree he needs regular competitive action but at Championship level or lower for me doesn't prove anything he should have already been there.

I think we can agree that ideally Wilson should've been loaned out before now. Disagree entirely that a lad just turned 22 can't be loaned out to a lower league club to the likely mutual benefit of player and PTFC.

On that subject but returning to the original post, if Archie still considers Fraser's potential to be worth retention then he might extend his contract but loan him out for a whole season. If that was to happen I think it would have to be to a top Championship side who'd pay the lion's share of his wages. Ideally to Falkirk, Dundee United or whoever drops down from this division.

If that was to happen I think it would have to be to a top Championship side who'd pay the lion's share of his wages. Ideally to Falkirk, Dundee United or whoever drops down from this division.

If he gets a new contract, he might be playing championship football with his own team, if we get any more repeats of yesterday's performance!