John Hart

Lindau

The Club has made a statement tonight. This is surely far too serious a subject for comment on here.

I agree. Let the Club deal with it. Perhaps we can pass comment once the full facts are known.

Football as a whole has a challenge to respond to the media stories of the last few days; nobody who means any ill towards kids should be anywhere near a football club. Full stop.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 4

No pressure involved. If they don't want the subject discussed just take it down. It involves our club in serious allegations, so to me anyway, as a supporter it is of major interest. I had a dig at Sevco when they were the first Scottish club to be mentioned in this current lot of allegations. Pretty hypocritical if I just ignore something that has went on at our club, but as I said if it is deemed insensitive I am happy for it to be removed

"Had a dig at sevco". Disgusting to be attempting to point score over child abuse.

Read what I said in the actual post before pontificating. I said that I found it ironic that in all their years of taunting Celtic with their "Big Jock Knew" bullshit that it was ironic that it was going on at their club as well! It was a comment aimed at their support rather than the disgusting things going on at their club and by the looks of it loads of other clubs!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Seemingly there are 2 Scottish Glasgow clubs been under a police enquiry for the last week or 2. I do not know the teams. I was told this yesterday and then today the papers have the guy over in Northern Ireland and then this statement from our club. Absolutely shocking, but still think it is the tip of the iceberg. Just hope no one was very paid off to keep quite at our club.

Read what I said in the actual post before pontificating. I said that I found it ironic that in all their years of taunting Celtic with their "Big Jock Knew" bullshit that it was ironic that it was going on at their club as well! It was a comment aimed at their support rather than the disgusting things going on at their club and by the looks of it loads of other clubs!

Fair enough. I just find this concept of supporters taking a moral high ground absolutely contemptible. As you rightly say the majority of this seems to be between Rangers and Celtic fans.

What a lot of drama and knicker wetting over one persons claim. But seems as though the media and from what some others say they have him hook line and sinker and everyone from that era should be hung drawn and quartered. We will never know the truth with the bloke being dead etc. Respect has to be given to the club for being pro active in their investigations. Would be different if many more come forward but one persons word against another's and having kept a secret like that for almost 25 years meh i ain't buying into it just yet but time will tell....

What a lot of drama and knicker wetting over one persons claim. But seems as though the media and from what some others say they have him hook line and sinker and everyone from that era should be hung drawn and quartered. We will never know the truth with the bloke being dead etc. Respect has to be given to the club for being pro active in their investigations. Would be different if many more come forward but one persons word against another's and having kept a secret like that for almost 25 years meh i ain't buying into it just yet but time will tell....

Are you sure you've read the story?

OK I'll play along. Why did you use terms like knicker wetting to describe other posters who have contributed to this thread?

As for:

Would be different if many more come forward but one persons word against another's and having kept a secret like that for almost 25 years meh i ain't buying into it just yet but time will tell....

I find that quite a weird thing to say on many levels.

I didn't use the term knicker wetting relating to other posters on this thread, if a general comment makes you or others feel that way then it is your issue not mine.

In what way is it a weird thing to say? I am merely looking for evidence, not one to judge because one person says something or because a media outlet prints it. This physio guy is basically already guilty according to some and i am not sure if he has family but if that was you in the position where a relative was apparently accused of doing something sinister would you be happy?

I do believe there has been a lot of wrongdoing with certain people in the past but one persons word against a dead man it ain't really a fair battle is it? If many more came forward about the same dude then fair enough, as is what is happening to the ex Hibs/Falkirk kitman. But for one person to basically sit on this for 25 years and not utter a word i really don't buy into it. Time will tell i suppose but by all accounts at that time this man was highly respected, even a few years after his sacking he seemed held in high regard by players so for me the jury is out until more comes of this.

And if you think sexual abuse or alleged sexual abuse is a trolling thing or a joke to play along with then that is much weirder than any of my comments!

I didn't use the term knicker wetting relating to other posters on this thread, if a general comment makes you or others feel that way then it is your issue not mine.

In what way is it a weird thing to say? I am merely looking for evidence, not one to judge because one person says something or because a media outlet prints it. This physio guy is basically already guilty according to some and i am not sure if he has family but if that was you in the position where a relative was apparently accused of doing something sinister would you be happy?

I do believe there has been a lot of wrongdoing with certain people in the past but one persons word against a dead man it ain't really a fair battle is it? If many more came forward about the same dude then fair enough, as is what is happening to the ex Hibs/Falkirk kitman. But for one person to basically sit on this for 25 years and not utter a word i really don't buy into it. Time will tell i suppose but by all accounts at that time this man was highly respected, even a few years after his sacking he seemed held in high regard by players so for me the jury is out until more comes of this.

And if you think sexual abuse or alleged sexual abuse is a trolling thing or a joke to play along with then that is much weirder than any of my comments!

That's my point. I don't think it is. Far from it.

To say thar someone has basically sat on this for 25 years allows you to not buy into it, is ****** incredible and suggests a great misunderstanding of the trauma the person has went through.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 2

But for one person to basically sit on this for 25 years and not utter a word i really don't buy into it

I am assuming that he was sacked in the early 90s because of this, so the person involved has hardly been sitting on it for 25 years. It was obviously reported to the club, they investigated and he was ultimately sacked. The main talking point in this story is why didn't the club report this to the police!

I am assuming that he was sacked in the early 90s because of this, so the person involved has hardly been sitting on it for 25 years. It was obviously reported to the club, they investigated and he was ultimately sacked. The main talking point in this story is why didn't the club report this to the police!

Maybe either the club the "victim" or both felt that the allegation was not strong enough to involve the police, but the club decided to take swift and firm action in any case.

I don't much go for trial by newspaper or by online forum members.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 2

I spoke to a colleague at work this morning who was playing for Thistle at the time. Gave me a pretty grim story of John Hart's attempted antics against him. Seems pretty legit.

It's been suggested that Lambie continued to use his private practice for our players via the Swallow Hotel on Paisley Road West after his sacking.

I believe he lived in Govan. Was his house also used for his surgery?

The Obit suggests this and I'm sure it has been mentioned by players that this happenned.

The question arises, did we continue to pay him for his services "freelance". If so was the sacking a token gesture to appease the family of the boy?

If a member of staff was sacked for inappropriate behaviour to a minor, why did we continue to use his services outside the "safety" of the ground!

You then need to ask, why did the best physio in Scotland part company with Motherwell to end up at a middle of the road team in the second tier?

For reference, as thistle fans it's very easy to only look at Thistle. But this is bigger than us. There could well be thousands of kids who this has effected. Theres a lad on the st mirren forum who was abused by that ref, upon discussion in his work, it turns out he works with someone who was abused by the same person.

People who have had to live with this! Carry it with them their whole lives. I can't imagine what that would be like and have nothing but sympathy for those folk and hope that everything comes out so that we can learn from it, support those effected, punish the perpetrators of these crimes and rebuild Scottish football.

• Members
For reference, as thistle fans it's very easy to only look at Thistle. But this is bigger than us. There could well be thousands of kids who this has effected. Theres a lad on the st mirren forum who was abused by that ref, upon discussion in his work, it turns out he works with someone who was abused by the same person. People who have had to live with this! Carry it with them their whole lives. I can't imagine what that would be like and have nothing but sympathy for those folk and hope that everything comes out so that we can learn from it, support those effected, punish the perpetrators of these crimes and rebuild Scottish football.
Well said.