Celtic Vs Partick Thistle - Tuesday 20 December

jagfox

Im sure we'd all prefer points over plaudits. Thats why we cant shake off the cuddly toy image. The next 3 games before the winter break should be considered cup finals and will be the measure of us. Now is not the time to be missing anymore golden chances or losing our concentration at the back. There not going to be easy nor are we going to get handed it. Its time we came up with the quality and composure that has been missing.

Think most people have thought that once we got the triple barrel of recent games out the way, that things will pick up. Sadly there are no easy games in this league and going up to Dingwall is not a game I would have picked to follow what we have just encountered. On the plus side, we are playing well, the defence has tightened up, just as I thought it would, with Cerny back. We now need the strikers to deliver and Osman to recapture his old form. If that happens we will soon move up this league!

Amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'm going to be controversial: I thought we played well last night, especially considering our respective league positions and/or resources. Over the average season we'll play a lot worse than that and win. However, all bets are off if we don't at least take say 5 points from our next three games.

Although this will not be easy, given the spirit the lads have shown in the last couple of games I'm relatively confident going into this vital period that we're in a good place.

• Like 1

A lot of the current disappointment springs from opportunities lost and we feel we might have had more from the last 3 games but I would have thought that most of us expected nothing at all going into them.

I'd have taken one point from the 3 games if had been offered beforehand.

That's not a negative or defeatists view it's a realising one based on budgets and league positions.

Onward and upward, we have a team that is VERY capable of punching above it's weight even it hit the ropes on the last 3 (I know, I know, the last 7 then).

• Like 1

A lot better than getting beaten 4-1 anyway. I think the Hearts game and last nights match shows we're not far away, lost count how many times we've said that and seem to go backwards again. But honestly, better finishing and I actually think 6 point from the last two is not ridiculous to suggest.

I don't think we're too far away. If (or should I say when) our strikers start scoring, or Archie brings somebody in during the window that does, I'm pretty confident we'll finish higher than last season.

It's understandable that someone can look at the league table and panic but we should really be looking at the points tally of the teams above us that we need to catch. It's easily achievable.

A good return from the next three games will give us confidence and possibly even a little breathing space going in to the break. No reason why we can't get seven points.

If we fail to win any of the next 3 games we are in deep trouble.

Don't expect success if we keep doing what we have always done. By 1st Jan we shall know what we need.

Would love to see strikers banging in some goals, some proper defending and some midfield creativity.but some of the players are either not good enough or have been off form all season. Results don't lie but they show how much we depend on Banzo. The miscreants have 3 games to save themselves as the window looms.

Archie's tactics have been more positive this year, with some attacking intent and adaptability in structures.

His team selections have been woeful though, particularly the persistent absence of our most creative player Erskine for 2/3 of the game. We only look like scoring when he comes on. I cant understand why Gordon gets a game in front of Elliot. Does Christy not create such a scene when left out? I want to see the best team available every week. Why was Barton not playing?

I appreciate we have played ok in some games but playing well and losing is an indicator of a team about to be relegated. let's see where we are in Jan. Then take appropriate action for change if we are still at the bottom!