Thistle Related Short Story

mgow

‪http://www.thenational.scot/news/15415065._Posh_C___s___A_short_story_by_Chris_McQueer/#comments-anchor‬

Hopefully the link works. While it is a work of fiction, I don't recall Thistle fans ever letting off a flare? Certainly not at Firhill.

Trite, patronising, stereo-typical, nonsense, inevitably published by a politics-obsessed comic.

The comic in question should ask itself whether it would portray either Celtic or The Rangers (or indeed any other Scottish Football Club) in similar fashion.

Couscous, farmer's markets, golf with "Alasdair and Hugh" (or whoever) - come on!! Lazy feckless writing.......................at least James and Gary in Chewin' the Fat were playing it for laughs (albeit the short story is inadvertently laughable).

:)

• Like 1

‪http://www.thenational.scot/news/15415065._Posh_C___s___A_short_story_by_Chris_McQueer/#comments-anchor‬

Hopefully the link works. While it is a work of fiction, I don't recall Thistle fans ever letting off a flare? Certainly not at Firhill.

Or Thistle scoring 3 goals!

Think it is OK - what has to be realised it is trying to be a "quality" tabloid rather than a "quality" broadsheet or at ;east some kind of in-between. So tends to not give enough depth to stories but does better than tabloids in most cases - and some competitors like the Scotsman are dire regardless of how you class them. Has a few good opinion pieces (as well as some not so good) and occasionally has a good international piece (though usually this coverage is too brief). I also like their Scots history/literature sections.