Ross County V Thistle @ Dingwall

Knightswood Jag

What is probably going on in their minds is that I don't want to make a mistake. Therefore I will make a safe, square pass that absolves me of responsibility and passes the buck to someone else. This is repeated ad nauseum until lack of skill gives the ball away, by which time the oppo have got themselves set up nicely. Players have to take on more responsibility and we badly need someone on the pitch who will make sure that happens.

• Like 1

Listening to the Thistle audio commentary it sounds as though Ryan Scully did very well today.

From being at the game, I would want to add my ditto to that. Apart from the frustration of losing a third tactical substitution I am no longer concerned when Ryan replaces Tomas. In the areas where Tomas is excellent Ryan is not far behind, and in some respects, for example kicking from hand Ryan could claim to be superior.

What about bad cop, ******* cop. Eljaggo is spot on, we need spike and attitude in front of defence. I thought ab osman was going to be that man, was that man in some games last year. Ball winner/shouter/motivator on the field. I believe we will get there but would get there quicker if someone in the team becomes a bully!

What about bad cop, ******* cop. Eljaggo is spot on, we need spike and attitude in front of defence. I thought ab osman was going to be that man, was that man in some games last year. Ball winner/shouter/motivator on the field. I believe we will get there but would get there quicker if someone in the team becomes a bully!

Yes. (Out of likes.)

we need spike and attitude in front of defence. I thought ab osman was going to be that man, was that man in some games last year. Ball winner/shouter/motivator on the field. I believe we will get there but would get there quicker if someone in the team becomes a bully!

Think the last player we had that fitted that template scored an own goal on Saturday (pleasing). There's undoubtedly players out there that can combine playing the hard man and playing good football but the ones I can think off are out of our budget. If not they tend to be aging and maybe not up to 90 mins. Take a player like Barry Robson. Reckon he was still commanding a decent wage even tho' he was past it.

Even Danny Lennon, who I believe to be the epitome of the player we require, struggled when we came back up. Back then of course we had strong characters like Hardie and Rowson so Danny's demise wasn't so crucial. Today we've only really got Abdul in that sort of category but even if he was more of the demonstrative motivator I think he's got enough on his hands these days looking after his own game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett