Board Negativity

AlwaysOutnumbered...

Disagree.

While it's wandering off topic but...  Harkins has improved the side considerably since coming in while sadly Chris's recent performances have not had the same impact.  Both are great Jags but it would appear that only one fits in the current team structure.

Thanks to the board for having the confidence in their man to make the difficult and unpopular decisions (to get back on topic) and let him get on with it without sentiment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I am by no means defending everything that the board has done recently, and some of your points are relevant, however a lot of the criticism they are currently getting on this forum is unfair, especially when they are in no position to answer back.

image.gif

Fair points. I said they suffer from a lack of persuasive vision for the club. The rights and wrongs of the individual points don’t change that.  I would love them to have a vision personally of transitioning towards proper supporter representation through the trust  that would excite me  for me that’s a vision worth supporting  

As for them not being in a position to answer back, there are several examples of them seeming to react to stuff on social media by subsequent statements through official channels so I certainly think it is monitored and their communications sometime influenced by what is written  

a board will be judged in 3 things ultimately to varying degrees -

. Financial performance 

. On field performance 

. Long term strategic vision  

On that basis you are right, they cannot be judged failures  

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

He played about 10 mins in the Hearts game.

and who cares if he doesn’t play 90 mins - this is a squad game. If he makes a contribution whatever time he is on the pitch then that would make him valuable

He's gone. Get over it.

First with the exception of Alan Rough all the Board were in place when we were relegated 

So the measure is do we feel we are going forwards - backwards or standing still 

I would say in the Key Areas we are going backwards - as for communications its condescending 

On various items there seems a lack of due diligance and attention to detial - just my instinct - maybe its all thought through - just doesnt feel that way 

Do I worry in what direction we are going - Yes -and the implications of relegation are a carcrash 

In simple terms the Chairman and the CEO are the key figures of accountability - so Fans will correctly react when things are going badly 

We have been here before “ trust “ is something Boards earn 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Emsca said:

He's gone. Get over it.

I wasn’t angry or upset that Erskine was transferred. I think that on this forum  and others there is a tendency for some to have a polar view on players/managers/boards. The reason I posted about this was to try to bring some balance. 

Erskine has been poor this season and last particularly compared to other seasons, but his contribution in terms of goals/assists was better than most other players.

• Like 1