Dressing Room Morale/vibe

Hot Shot

My fiancee, whom has absolutely no real interest in football whatsoever, has just asked me if the departure of Cowan and Hughes will have an immediate effect ON the park?

I didn't really have an out and out answer, made me start thinking about how much boardroom goings on was filtering to the players, how it was filtering to them and how it was having an affect on overall dressing room morale.

Was just wondering other forum users opinions on this train of thought?

I don’t think it will have any effect. It’s like working for a company in Glasgow, you’re accountable to the head of your regional office. The board members and so on are down in London. If a couple of them change it’s not going to have any immediate effect on you. If your regional manager was given the axe then you would take note.

I don’t think it will have any effect. It’s like working for a company in Glasgow, you’re accountable to the head of your regional office. The board members and so on are down in London. If a couple of them change it’s not going to have any immediate effect on you. If your regional manager was given the axe then you would take note.

How on earth is it anywhere near being like that scenario?

Tho' strictly speaking these changes are indirect I feel they can, and usually do, create their own dynamics that will impact in some way on the players. For instance Cowan may be seen (doesn't matter if true or not) as the most supportive of the manager the guy who in turn is the most supportive of them. They could see the changes as a threat and react hopefully in a positive way. Negatively with the villains of the peace away the fans could turn their full attention on the playing side of things. Even the change of atmosphere on the official bus could filter down to the players.

These are just coulds and may in any case just be marginal but I'd be surprised if there's no knock on effect.

People at the club read this forum, so they can gauge the general mood of the fans. It's not been so upbeat for a while, as can be read elsewhere. I'm not predicting people flocking back to firhill, but if a decent amount of those saying they will turn up on Saturday actually do, and we can all get behind the team, then who knows what can happen?

How on earth is it anywhere near being like that scenario?

Because the board are in the boardroom. The players aren't, they are in the dressing room with the gaffer.

They will obviously be aware what has happened but I don't think it will have any difference to how they feel or to the vibe in the dressing room. A new manager is required for that.

I think we should probably stop trying to draw analogies with other situations - football is almost unique.

In what other line of work, does the customer call for members of the board of a company that it frequents to stand down? Where else does the removal of a company board member spark such positivity from customers? And we are questioning if the staff of the company are oblivious to all this?

No. As i've said before, staff read this forum as well. They know how we feel and they deserve to be supported, and on the end of some of our new found positivity. It will affect them as well.

IMO.

I think we should probably stop trying to draw analogies with other situations - football is almost unique.

In what other line of work, does the customer call for members of the board of a company that it frequents to stand down? Where else does the removal of a company board member spark such positivity from customers? And we are questioning if the staff of the company are oblivious to all this?

No. As i've said before, staff read this forum as well. They know how we feel and they deserve to be supported, and on the end of some of our new found positivity. It will affect them as well.

IMO.

Here was me thinking football was about relationships and co-operation. You know, like most other human endeavours.

Silly me. :P

Of course the players will have been affected by what's been going on - a previous poster on another thread spoke about mccall and some of them in open conflict getting on the bus after a recent match ... I'm sure there'll have been 2nd round on the bus so I'd assume the players know all about it unless you reckon they're thick? ( :thinking: rhetorical - don't answer that!)

I hope with the great news that the Jags fans come back to Firhill. The stipulation of many Jags fans was that they would not return to Firhill if Huges and Cowan were still at the helm. However, thank god, Hughes & Cowan are gone, so put your money where your mouth is and lets get as many people as possible in the JH Stand come Saturday, that will hopefully give the players a lift.

Of course, unless the re-shuffle is able to bring in a BoD member with a bit of cash to splash, we are still pretty skinto. However if we can keep our heads above the water come January, we hopefully may be able to bring in a few new faces in order to survive in this division, however this is completely conditional, it all depends on who the predecessors of Dumb & Dumber are.

Oh, and McCall retiring wouldn't go a miss either, but the most important thing is that there is a big shake-up upstairs. :thumbsup2:

I hope with the great news that the Jags fans come back to Firhill. The stipulation of many Jags fans was that they would not return to Firhill if Huges and Cowan were still at the helm. However, thank god, Hughes & Cowan are gone, so put your money where your mouth is and lets get as many people as possible in the JH Stand come Saturday, that will hopefully give the players a lift.

Of course, unless the re-shuffle is able to bring in a BoD member with a bit of cash to splash, we are still pretty skinto. However if we can keep our heads above the water come January, we hopefully may be able to bring in a few new faces in order to survive in this division, however this is completely conditional, it all depends on who the predecessors of Dumb & Dumber are.

Oh, and McCall retiring wouldn't go a miss either, but the most important thing is that there is a big shake-up upstairs. :thumbsup2:

AMEN TO THIS.