Rumour

Jagostew

Feeling vindicated by a rumour are we? ;)

Nope. I was challenged to suggest an alternative to McCall. I put forward McPherson's name and got heaps of abuse. In the same way, I was first to suggest that the departure of Britton was the key to the decline that started in January. If McCall can turn it around over the next few weeks, I would be delighted to be proved wrong. For me, the results and the club that I love and have supported for 30 years come first every time.

One of my colleagues both supports the Buddies and knows members of their coaching staff.

His reaction was "Wooof - you're better off with McCall"

If this turns out to be true, we are going to have a manager with no interest in the youth structure or it's development. At least that's something you can't say about McCall.

I'll admit to mostly sticking up for McCall on this forum and his head isn't one i'm immediately wanting to roll.

One of my colleagues both supports the Buddies and knows members of their coaching staff.

His reaction was "Wooof - you're better off with McCall"

If this turns out to be true, we are going to have a manager with no interest in the youth structure or it's development. At least that's something you can't say about McCall.

I'll admit to mostly sticking up for McCall on this forum and his head isn't one i'm immediately wanting to roll.

I'll second that.

So how much does the youth development programme cost? Can we afford it on crowds of two to three thousand?

John Lambie did not have a youth development programme when he took us from near relegation to the 3rd Division to the Premier League. I would take his results over McCall's any day.

So how much does the youth development programme cost? Can we afford it on crowds of two to three thousand?

John Lambie did not have a youth development programme when he took us from near relegation to the 3rd Division to the Premier League. I would take his results over McCall's any day.

Hamilton don't have the crowds, but relied on the youth players coming through to get them promoted & also to raise funds for the club.

Hamilton don't have the crowds, but relied on the youth players coming through to get them promoted & also to raise funds for the club.

Yes but they actually produced players capable of playing in the First Division, SPL and above. We freed our best youth player, Mark Stewart, and held on to John McGoldrick instead. How many of our young players would get into a Jags side that is capable of challenging for promotion?

Yes but they actually produced players capable of playing in the First Division, SPL and above. We freed our best youth player, Mark Stewart, and held on to John McGoldrick instead. How many of our young players would get into a Jags side that is capable of challenging for promotion?

There are a fair few who could play in the 1st team now, but there arent even any 1st team players at Thistle capable of challenging for promotion never mind youths. The youth system is working but we wont see the fruits of it for at least another season, would rather keep it in place than spend the funds for it on a player like Lovell only to be let down when he under-performs. You leave the one bit of good McCall has done alone :P