Dundee Not Paying Wages Today.

Stoggy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fecking disgrace - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2010/10/09/dundee-to-avoid-demotion-despite-falling-into-administration-86908-22620849/.

"Scottish Football League supremo David Longmuir last night made it clear the club would not be treated like Livingston – who were demoted to Division Three as punishment for breaching the insolvency rules last year.

"And Longmuir also admitted Dundee may not even be docked points as Gretna were in 2008.....

"But the league’s chief executive said: “The management committee has the power to deal with the situation as they think fit and there’s a range of options on offer to us.

“There is no hard and fast ruling in terms of the deduction of points while demotion when the season is up and running would be chaos."

One rule for some and another rule for others!!!!

What an absolute fecking joke if Dungdee get away with this.

What sort of message does it send out if they are allowed to escape from this, essentially unpunished?

Another example of how Scottish Football on all levels is an utter embarrassing joke.

We need to be putting as much pressure on the SFL to make sure Dundee's cheating receives the maximum punishment. It would be an outrage if they were to get off without a points deduction (I reckon 20 points minimum) as they have managed to gain a competetitive advantage over clubs such as ourselves by paying for players with cash they didn't have.

We lost Harkins to them and were outbid by them for Richie Hart and Pat Clarke just as 3 examples of how Dundee gained an advantage over Thistle by cheating.

We need to be putting as much pressure on the SFL

Grant, just about every fan I've ever spoken to over many seasons reckons the 3x10 SFL leagues are a major turn off and wish change. That's probably one of the major reasons for dwindling crowds and apathy amongst football supporters. If we can't even get that changed how the hell do you put pressure on the SFL to implement a sizeable penalty on one member club?

Grant, just about every fan I've ever spoken to over many seasons reckons the 3x10 SFL leagues are a major turn off and wish change. That's probably one of the major reasons for dwindling crowds and apathy amongst football supporters. If we can't even get that changed how the hell do you put pressure on the SFL to implement a sizeable penalty on one member club?

True.

I don't expect it to make much difference. Getting it off my chest helps me return to a Zen like state of consciousness though!