Dundee Not Paying Wages Today.

Stoggy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9044022.stm

No wages paid to players and staff today, but they've been told they will be paid next week. Not much use if you have bills/mortgages etc coming off before then.

Seems to be a lot of "we'll give you the money later" going on at DFC.

But the more I think about it, the more I wonder how close we are to the fit hitting the shan. :(

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9044022.stm

No wages paid to players and staff today, but they've been told they will be paid next week. Not much use if you have bills/mortgages etc coming off before then.

Seems to be a lot of "we'll give you the money later" going on at DFC.

But the more I think about it, the more I wonder how close we are to the fit hitting the shan. :(

Get it RIGHT up you Gary.

No matter how bad we've been financially, we've never failed to pay a player. And given the fact that we've removed the diddies from the board, things could be looking up.

I hope that we are not owed money from the Harkins deal. He could leave in the transfer window if they have to cut the wage bill.

If Dundee do into administration again, they should, like Livingstone, be relegated to the third division. If not, I can see Livingstone's new owners suing the SFL for loss of income arising from their relegation to the third.

I see they have also cut the admission for adults to £15 and concessions to £5 for saturday's game. Trying to get as many fans to go to the game by playing the "we are all in this together" card.

Dundee gambled on getting promotion last year. It was all or nothing, and it didnt pay off. If things were going as well as they were last season for them then most of this would have been hushed up, as they hoped yet again to be promoted. But as that looks unlikely, then panic has set in.

Many on the forums of both her and Dundee questioned how wise the decision to bring a whole bunch of players on "big" wages in was at the time with many fearing the worst if it went wrong. And boy did it go spectacularly wrong for DFC last season.

I think people are now getting tired of clubs pissing money away and then pleading to the fans to help out as its THEIR club.

Business go to the wall everyday for less than what many clubs owe, but because no one wants to go down in history as the person that put a club out of business they continue on.

The tide maybe about to change. I wonder how many other clubs directors are sitting waiting nervously to see what will happen to DFC?

That's a lot of supposition, Grant.

A bit.

However, in our dark days of Save the Jags, we honoured all of our football debts unlike the likes of Motherwell, Livingston and Dundee (the first time).

Like the trust guys, I am pinning my hopes on the likes of Beattie and Allan making a more positive contribution to the running of the club than Cowan, Hughes and Prentice did.

A bit.

However, in our dark days of Save the Jags, we honoured all of our football debts unlike the likes of Motherwell, Livingston and Dundee (the first time).

Like the trust guys, I am pinning my hopes on the likes of Beattie and Allan making a more positive contribution to the running of the club than Cowan, Hughes and Prentice did.

They werent honoured in full i think the debtors were paid at something like 30p in the pound. Which we means we owe a big thank you to these companies and iirc Forfar FC were one of those debtors for the sale of Alan Morgan.

They werent honoured in full i think the debtors were paid at something like 30p in the pound. Which we means we owe a big thank you to these companies and iirc Forfar FC were one of those debtors for the sale of Alan Morgan.

we paid a number of creditors 30 or 40p in the £. However, we paid all football debts in full (ie the £30K to Forfar for Alan Morgan and all player wages)

good i hope they go extinct i hate them. if u want to be a rangers fan fine, but dont go to dundee games and sing rangers songs. Plus i'm a sore loser after we outclassed them 4 times last yr and they beat us 4 times. they're rank. i never bought into the whole dundee being one of the favourites rubbish

With any luck (or more to point, justice), once HMRC have hammered the nails into the DFC coffin, they will do the same to the hunns who apparently owe £24mill (plus interest and fines which could be another £24mill).

I hope that we are not owed money from the Harkins deal. He could leave in the transfer window if they have to cut the wage bill.

If Dundee do into administration again, they should, like Livingstone, be relegated to the third division. If not, I can see Livingstone's new owners suing the SFL for loss of income arising from their relegation to the third.

We can but hope this will happen - first to Dumbdee then the hunns. Extinction for the latter would be even more welcome.

Don't suppose anyone has heard any rumblings of the tims owing wads to HMRC, or am I just wishing for 20 christmas's to come at once?

I trust we all realise if Dundee were unable to complete their fixtures our entire league points for the season would be forfeited.

For the season so far, I mean :) .

I was saying as much in work earlier in the week! :(

It would be just our luck - who else would lose points though?

I remember this being a 'problem' a few seasons ago with Gretna but I seem to remember their problems occurring reletivly close to the end of the season and the SPL bailing them out to keep going until the end. Literally the end.

After the non-payment of staff on Thursday, you have to wonder how likely it is that they will be able to honor their fixtures this season.

On Wednesday, I thought that HMRC would be daft not to accept a payment plan as the other option is admin, CVA (?) and reletivly nothing for HMRC. Today, you've got to wonder if they would be able to pay HMRC and all their other outgoings.

I can't decide how I feel about this - I don't want another football club going to the wall but at the same time I don't think they should be allowed to get away with admin and a 9 point deduction. Relegation to the 3rd has been mentioned, but how would this be practical in October?

Livingston were not relegated to the 3rd for going into administration. They were relegated to the 3rd because the league were not satisfied that they could fulfil all of their fixtures in the First Division the following season. I seem to recall them being unable to meet a "bond" payment up-front which the SFL had been demanding of them as insurance against such a failure.

Dundee should be dealt with in the harshest possible manner.

For a club to have wormed their way out of over £20M worth of debt to carry on in the manner they did last season shows either a breathtaking amount of arrogance or gross stupidity and a complete failure to learn from their mistakes.

I know we are in a poor financial state but we haven't been throwing large sums of money on transfer fees in a gamble to get out of the SFL.