Dundee Not Paying Wages Today.

Stoggy

Dundee should be dealt with in the harshest possible manner.

For a club to have wormed their way out of over £20M worth of debt to carry on in the manner they did last season shows either a breathtaking amount of arrogance or gross stupidity and a complete failure to learn from their mistakes.

I know we are in a poor financial state but we haven't been throwing large sums of money on transfer fees in a gamble to get out of the SFL.

Exactly.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if we have paid the income tax bill we 'defered' last year.. my opinion is that we defered it to keep the debt low enough to keep the bank manager happy until we got the Propco cash.

I think some people on this forum do not realise just how close to the wind this club is being run.

Anybody know if we have paid the income tax bill we 'defered' last year.. my opinion is that we defered it to keep the debt low enough to keep the bank manager happy until we got the Propco cash.

I think some people on this forum do not realise just how close to the wind this club is being run.

I think this question has been answered a few times now. The Harkins and Twaddle money was used as a down payment on the money owed, this was followed up by a repayment plan that finished in September, so in theory that should now have been payed back.

Izat rite Woody??

Edited by Steven H

My understanding is that there is an arrangement in place to repay this money which is ongoing and is currently being adhered to.

we paid a number of creditors 30 or 40p in the £. However, we paid all football debts in full (ie the £30K to Forfar for Alan Morgan and all player wages)

I find this strange as some sort of moral defence.

So we shafted caterers, printers etc instead of other football clubs?

How noble.

I have to agree.

Stones n' glasshouses.

I dont see how.

We never went into massive debt due to overextending on the playing front. We went into debt upgrading the stadium and because of a disgraceful refereeing decision at Tannadice.

Dundee have twice now spent money they didnt have to give themselves an advantage on the pitch. That to me is cheating of the highest order and if there is any justice, they'll end up in Div 3 for many years to come.

I dont see how.

We never went into massive debt due to overextending on the playing front. We went into debt upgrading the stadium and because of a disgraceful refereeing decision at Tannadice.

Dundee have twice now spent money they didnt have to give themselves an advantage on the pitch. That to me is cheating of the highest order and if there is any justice, they'll end up in Div 3 for many years to come.

That's right. One thing we can never be accused of is spending money on crazy wages to try to buy success. It wouldn't be a good result from our perspective given our current league position, but I'd like to see Morton beat Dundee today.

I dont see how.

I agree that Dundee are a total disgrace; however, we are not exactly lillywhite either. Let he who be without sin cast the first stone and all that.

mmm but we've got a sell-on clause with Gary Harkins which will be worth nothing if they have to free him.

Dundee might not go into administration but they're certainly going to have to cut their cloth. I would expect something like the Dunfermline situation of about 7 years ago where players will be asked to take a wage cut and/or be placed on the transfer list come January.

Two things about Harkins. Firstly I thought the reported £150K good enough business especially with the sell on clause despite there was evidently no or little competition for his signature.

But secondly it would be criminal given the source of Dundee's funding if we haven't received the total sum. Please someone tell us we got it all :unsure: .The sell on was always going to be extremely speculative again given the source of the funding. In a small way (or maybe not that small) we were betting on Dundee getting promoted and being financially comfortable enough to realise further on a decent transfer fee for Harkins. With Melville's cunning masterplan of buying promotion coming unstuck the likelihood of us ever getting a sizeable sell on was greatly reduced. Dundee have gone from that rare breed a buying club, past even just being a selling club to a must sell club in little over 15 months. That takes some doing.

Ideally Harkins will refuse a wage cut and be transfer listed in January. Somehow there'll be enough clubs wanting his services to force up the transfer fee and counteract the fact that the selling club is desperate. Lots of ifs and buts there but the sell on was always going to be a bit dodgy.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Dundee might not go into administration but they're certainly going to have to cut their cloth. I would expect something like the Dunfermline situation of about 7 years ago where players will be asked to take a wage cut and/or be placed on the transfer list come January.

Two things about Harkins. Firstly I thought the reported £150K good enough business especially with the sell on clause despite there was evidently no or little competition for his signature.

But secondly it would be criminal given the source of Dundee's funding if we haven't received the total sum. Please someone tell us we got it all :unsure: .The sell on was always going to be extremely speculative again given the source of the funding. In a small way (or maybe not that small) we were betting on Dundee getting promoted and being financially comfortable enough to realise further on a decent transfer fee for Harkins. With Melville's cunning masterplan of buying promotion coming unstuck the likelihood of us ever getting a sizeable sell on was greatly reduced. Dundee have gone from that rare breed a buying club, past even just being a selling club to a must sell club in little over 15 months. That takes some doing.

Ideally Harkins will refuse a wage cut and be transfer listed in January. Somehow there'll be enough clubs wanting his services to force up the transfer fee and counteract the fact that the selling club is desperate. Lots of ifs and buts there but the sell on was always going to be a bit dodgy.

My recollection (and it's no more than that) was that we got the full money for both Harkins and Twaddle at the time of the transfer.