Dundee Not Paying Wages Today.

Stoggy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my dancing shoes ready to dance on the cheating grave of Dundee FC. Administration looms

Now I wonder if we could get Harkins back for hee haw. After all, a low wage from us is better than no wage from them...

Edited to add, I love the comedy comment from that tit BoB Brannan along the lines of 'a big boy did it and ran away' Brannan, YOU were the chairman while all this was going on.

Edited by GrantB

loving it on pie and bovril, get on there and wind them up. as much as you say it you wouldnt really want a club to go bust :thinking: (unless its the OF) the poor poor dundee fans are having a protest against the club. :lol:

get it right up them actually, they were rubbing our noses in it when they got harkins, Going bust, going bust going bust!!

loving it on pie and bovril, get on there and wind them up. as much as you say it you wouldnt really want a club to go bust :thinking: (unless its the OF) the poor poor dundee fans are having a protest against the club. :lol:

get it right up them actually, they were rubbing our noses in it when they got harkins, Going bust, going bust going bust!!

they were hoping for 8k at the weekend but onlly just scraped over the 4k mark - even the fans are sick of them!

Latest from BBC says administration is 99% certain - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9044022.stm.

Football365.com - http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6430943,00.html.

"Footballers' union chief Fraser Wishart has warned Dundee's players could refuse to train if the club fails to pay their wages soon....

"He said: "Our opinion is that the club has fundamentally breached the players' contracts....

"Why is there money in the bank and yet the club can't pay the wages? That's the fundamental question that hasn't been answered."

"I don't think it's fair that it is dragging on. There are a lot of people in the dark here.

"We have advised the players to continue to train, but there will come a time when players can't justify training because of the costs involved."

Does Melville think that he can force the club into administration, escape paying off the other creditors, and buy the club on the cheap?

What is surprising is that it has come as a shock to so many people involved with DFC, be they fans, players, staff etc.

It was obvious they gambled on being in the SPL this season and went for it big time with wages etc. Then when it seemed as if promotion was already out of their grasp THIS season it all started going wrong. If they were top of the table would this all have bee swept under the carpet for as long as possible?

Gordon Chisholm last week was on the radio saying that he had been as honest with the players as he could with the information he was getting from the board, ie. if lies had been told it wasnt his fault. Fair enough. But when a manager says things like that then it is clear he knows that things arent going well but has been told just to concentrate on the team.

Whilst I aint no fan of DFC I still wouldnt want to see a team go to the wall (OF can rot in hell though), but they have been playing russian roulette with finances for a very long time and eventually you have to come to a chamber in the gun that isnt empty.

Will be interesting to see what the SFL do now. <_<

Whilst I aint no fan of DFC I still wouldnt want to see a team go to the wall (OF can rot in hell though), but they have been playing russian roulette with finances for a very long time and eventually you have to come to a chamber in the gun that isnt empty.

But if they didn't have enough money to pay for a bullet, they'll probably get away with it.....

:blush:

Minimum 20 point penalty. 30 points ideally.

Anything less (like a 5 or 10 point deduction) for a club that has clearly gambled and played fast and loose financially with not only their own clubs finances and their employees livelihoods, but also to the detriment of opposing teams (signing and fielding players on wages that other clubs could/would not offer), and which is now about to enter financial armageddon for the second time in 7 years, should be hit hard. Otherwise, it sends out a message that any club can spend beyond their means, over a couple of seasons, creating unfair competition and once it has all gone horribly wrong, its only the equivalent of a few league wins that they will suffer.

Still, thanks for the £150k for the Baldy Hairy One (assuming we have had every penny of that), we needed that dosh big time last summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9044022.stm

Dundee may well wriggle out of this yet.

Well until they have to pay the £250k compensation wanted by their former manager and assistant, and the money they owe for the ground, and for the training facilities, and anyone else that now decides they better get their money back for its too late.

Anything less (like a 5 or 10 point deduction) for a club that has clearly gambled and played fast and loose financially with not only their own clubs finances and their employees livelihoods, but also to the detriment of opposing teams (signing and fielding players on wages that other clubs could/would not offer), and which is now about to enter financial armageddon for the second time in 7 years, should be hit hard. Otherwise, it sends out a message that any club can spend beyond their means, over a couple of seasons, creating unfair competition and once it has all gone horribly wrong, its only the equivalent of a few league wins that they will suffer.

I agree. The fine should fit the offence, and in the last couple of years they've signed good players in Harkins, Douglas, Griffiths and even Clarke who will theoretically win them 15-20+ points a season (provided the rest of the team aren't completely shite...). A 9 point penalty as some are suggesting would be a joke, but there are no strict rules (or even guidelines) on what the punishment should be, so we'll have to wait and see.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9044022.stm

Dundee may well wriggle out of this yet.

Well until they have to pay the £250k compensation wanted by their former manager and assistant, and the money they owe for the ground, and for the training facilities, and anyone else that now decides they better get their money back for its too late.

When Melville came on board they were "a week away from administration"? So then he and they did the clever thing of spending more than they could afford on transfer fees and contracts. Idiots who deserve to be run out of town by Dundee fans.

When Melville came on board they were "a week away from administration"? So then he and they did the clever thing of spending more than they could afford on transfer fees and contracts. Idiots who deserve to be run out of town by Dundee fans.

I've no sympathy whatsoever for the Dundee fans after the way they acted towards us after they signed Harkins with money they quite clearly couldn't afford.

They seem to live in some deluded world where they think they are a big club. Hell mend them!!!

Having said all that, they should still demand Bob Brannan's head on a stick.

Still, thanks for the £150k for the Baldy Hairy One (assuming we have had every penny of that), we needed that dosh big time last summer.

No idea if it's workable but I'd like to see a standard points deduction for entering administration applied in the season it occurs, say 10 pts. The following season a further points deduction based on the terms of the CVA. By that I mean, and I'm just taking arbitrary figures here, no further points deduction for say paying 25p/£, 5 pts deduction for 20p/£, 10 pts deduction for 15p/£ and so on. I feel like others the punishment should meet the crime and something along these lines might deter a club over loaded with soft loans paying out 1p/£.

I'm lead to believe at Dens that apart from the taxman there's at least £150K due to other creditors. In there there will be tradesmen and small supply companies etc whose very future existence could hang on the percentage amount agreed on at a CVA. Some punishment system that takes into account the level of misery and hardship those creditors will face should surely be welcome.

edited to add- the reason I think the punishment should be over two seasons is that if a 10 pt penalty is enough to relegate a club then a 15-30pt deduction is academic.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Thats them in administration according to the text I for from an ex-dee4life committee member , they are seriosuly ****** and can barely trade day to day from what he was saying.

Pretty grim but karma is a bitch , heres hoping a 30 point deduction