Dundee Not Paying Wages Today.

Stoggy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the benefit of hindsight, some of the stuff in this article makes for hilarious reading, not that we don't have some fine examples in our own recent past of proud boasts about prudence coming back to haunt us.

It's interesting that Melville, according to the Sunday Times rich list of 2008, was worth (along with his brother) £75 million and yet he was being quoted as worth £120/130 million a year later. Either he had a very good year, or his propensity for bullsh*t was evident even at that point.

Lets all laugh at Harkins.

To be honest, given that the sale of him saved us from exactly the same fate, for exactly the same reasons, I think I'd probably salute him (although he may well give his own two fingered salute back). This Club has been run so very very badly, we really shouldn't be enjoying this too much, even if it possibly saves our own skin this season (snigger).

The SFL should clamp right down on Dundee.

What they have done is plain and simply cheating. They have funded their playing staff with money that wasn't there to gain an advantage over the rest of the league.

I am delighted that their cheating didn't get them the promotion they wanted last season and they have ended up with a massive load of egg on their faces. Can't see many people putting money in their begging buckets either.

Edited by GrantB

To be honest, given that the sale of him saved us from exactly the same fate, for exactly the same reasons, I think I'd probably salute him (although he may well give his own two fingered salute back). This Club has been run so very very badly, we really shouldn't be enjoying this too much, even if it possibly saves our own skin this season (snigger).

While I'm not going to deny that we have been run badly, we differ massively to them in that we haven't attempted to fund the playing budget with money we didn't have. In face, quite the opposite - we could barely sign a goalkeeper until the eve of the first day of the season.

With the benefit of hindsight, some of the stuff in this article makes for hilarious reading, not that we don't have some fine examples in our own recent past of proud boasts about prudence coming back to haunt us.

It's interesting that Melville, according to the Sunday Times rich list of 2008, was worth (along with his brother) £75 million and yet he was being quoted as worth £120/130 million a year later. Either he had a very good year, or his propensity for bullsh*t was evident even at that point.

Did Jim Spence not mention that Melville (or one of his crowd) phoned him up to complain when he said he was worth £75m to tell him he was worth far more.

Dobber alert.

A spokesman for Melville told BBC Scotland on Wednesday that the businessman had lodged £200,000 with the club's solicitors to aid the talks with the tax authorities and help with the payment of wages.

If that really is the case then he could've added that figure to the £100,000 he'd already pledged and the £75,000 raised by local businessmen and paid the debt.

They're entering administration to relieve themselves of the high wage earners they've accumulated during melville's bonkers association with the club.

No doubt some poorly-paid support staff will lose their jobs as the process bites.

Cheating bastards.

If that really is the case then he could've added that figure to the £100,000 he'd already pledged and the £75,000 raised by local businessmen and paid the debt.

They're entering administration to relieve themselves of the high wage earners they've accumulated during melville's bonkers association with the club.

No doubt some poorly-paid support staff will lose their jobs as the process bites.

Cheating bastards.

Similar to above, reading between the lines I don't think it's necessarily the lack of funds to pay the taxman that's brought on the move to administration. It looks more like it's the on going week by week losses. Cynically they can get rid of Chisholm & Dodds, which the fans were demanding but previously was an unaffordable option (where have I heard something similar?). I wouldn't be too surprised if they've already consulted the SFL and been made aware of the likely penalty they'll receive. Perhaps they feel they've a sporting chance of avoiding relegation on a 10 pt penalty or they believe that SPL league reconstruction will mean there's no relegation in our division this season :unsure: .

Once again I say it's the small supply and service companies that are owed money that have most of my sympathy.

Confirmed.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/news_detail.asp?h=CLUB-STATEMENT&newsid=1230

CLUB STATEMENT

The directors of Dundee Football Club have today decided that their only option is to place the Club into administration.

The administration appointment is expected to take effect from the middle of next week and the directors have approached Bryan Jackson of accountants PKF to consider being appointed as administrator.

The directors have taken this decision with considerable regret, but they believe they have no other choice in the current circumstances.

Until the administration is effective all staff will remain in post and the Club will continue to operate normally.

Now on BBC Jim Spence says the actual debts are £2,000,000 and the club are struggling to survive!!! Looks like there is a helluva lot more to come out in this story

Leave the amount due the taxman and subtract the soft loans and that's probably about £150000 due to serious creditors. I'd guess some of that £150K will be due to Tayside Polis but that'll still leave these crooks/idiots paying out an extremely low nominal amount to a group of folk due collectively at least a six figure sum.

If Melville withdraws his promised funds fair enough, I can understand that. However if he withholds these funds to later use to take Dundee, presuming they're lightly dealt with by the SFL, out of admin then it'll be sickening.

Hope the SFL dont pussyfoot about this. As this is the second time they should be automatically relegated no matter all the hassle it causes or given a massive points deduction that makes relegation a definite.

It seems that the SFL are going to take little to no action against Dundee over this according to quotes in today's papers from David Longmuir. An utter disgrace if this is the case and I will be very interested to see what a certain Mr McDougall of Livingston has to say about this.

This is a fecking disgrace - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2010/10/09/dundee-to-avoid-demotion-despite-falling-into-administration-86908-22620849/.

"Scottish Football League supremo David Longmuir last night made it clear the club would not be treated like Livingston – who were demoted to Division Three as punishment for breaching the insolvency rules last year.

"And Longmuir also admitted Dundee may not even be docked points as Gretna were in 2008.....

"But the league’s chief executive said: “The management committee has the power to deal with the situation as they think fit and there’s a range of options on offer to us.

“There is no hard and fast ruling in terms of the deduction of points while demotion when the season is up and running would be chaos."

One rule for some and another rule for others!!!!

This is a fecking disgrace - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2010/10/09/dundee-to-avoid-demotion-despite-falling-into-administration-86908-22620849/.

"Scottish Football League supremo David Longmuir last night made it clear the club would not be treated like Livingston – who were demoted to Division Three as punishment for breaching the insolvency rules last year.

"And Longmuir also admitted Dundee may not even be docked points as Gretna were in 2008.....

"But the league’s chief executive said: “The management committee has the power to deal with the situation as they think fit and there’s a range of options on offer to us.

“There is no hard and fast ruling in terms of the deduction of points while demotion when the season is up and running would be chaos."

One rule for some and another rule for others!!!!

Thats completely unacceptable. What a complete and utter c@ck. :mad2: