James Lyon scores v Falkirk 22.07.2023

Camallain

22 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

I notice he doesn't acknowledge his management on the way past.  Maybe just lost in the moment.  You can over-think these things...

I thought Williams’s reaction a little odd- didn’t really celebrate but held his hands on his head as if it was us that conceded a last gasp equaliser 

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
typo

2 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I thought Williams’s reaction a little odd- didn’t really celebrate but held his hands on his head as if it was us that conceded a last gasp equaliser 

Maybe he thought we had as he was in the middle of the box, where he would normally be when defending ? 

3 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

I notice he doesn't acknowledge his management on the way past.  Maybe just lost in the moment.  You can over-think these things...

A young player scoring his first competitive goal, don't think it is anything more than that.

4 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The best example of that was the classic Thistle goal in the first home win of season 2013-2014 against Hibernian. Brilliant move involving Higginbotham and Taylor (Lyle). Doolan jumps over the ball and the on loan Chris Erskine fires home. Stephen O'Donnell looks just as unhappy as all the Hibs defenders as he trudges back to the halfway line. Can only presume that he had totally knackered himself to get up to join the attack and was frustrated at not receiving a pass.

25 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

The best example of that was the classic Thistle goal in the first home win of season 2013-2014 against Hibernian. Brilliant move involving Higginbotham and Taylor (Lyle). Doolan jumps over the ball and the on loan Chris Erskine fires home. Stephen O'Donnell looks just as unhappy as all the Hibs defenders as he trudges back to the halfway line. Can only presume that he had totally knackered himself to get up to join the attack and was frustrated at not receiving a pass.

This one ?

• Like 1