Fair Play To Anyone Who Can ..

Jaggy1967

I Know my limitations and tonight was a step too far for me !

There is no respite from the disapointment, never mind the Jags !

Scottish numbers in the crowd :fan:

Gary Caldwell Not kicked a ball all season FFS :angry2:

Not attacking the Czecs who were gash :wall:

No Kenny Miller :frantic: Big mistake ...too late in the day !

Chances of now qualifying .... :unsure:

Back to basics is the cry in my opinion !

I Know my limitations and tonight was a step too far for me !

There is no respite from the disapointment, never mind the Jags !

Scottish numbers in the crowd :fan:

Gary Caldwell Not kicked a ball all season FFS :angry2:

Not attacking the Czecs who were gash :wall:

No Kenny Miller :frantic: Big mistake ...too late in the day !

Chances of now qualifying .... :unsure:

Back to basics is the cry in my opinion !

Thank :censor: the Spain game is on Sky. I'm not going to watch another Scotland game while that clown is our manager. I love my country but that abomanation that Levein sent out last night was the most embarassing sight I have ever witnessed in all my time watching either Thistle or Scotland.

F*ckin' awful. I feel really sorry for Graham Dorrans - first having to work with the Bunnet then that muppet Levein. The boy must have real talent to survive that....

Good point. Guys like Dorrans and Fletcher are great footballers. I wonder what it does for their motivation to play for Scotland when they're told that the aim is not to score, but just to spoil the entire game.

Good point. Guys like Dorrans and Fletcher are great footballers. I wonder what it does for their motivation to play for Scotland when they're told that the aim is not to score, but just to spoil the entire game.

Watched first 20 mins then changed channel. It was utter garbage. Never thought the day would come when i couldn't care less about scotland matches but it has.

Thank :censor: the Spain game is on Sky. I'm not going to watch another Scotland game while that clown is our manager. I love my country but that abomanation that Levein sent out last night was the most embarassing sight I have ever witnessed in all my time watching either Thistle or Scotland.

Knowing your track record of boycotts, that's us looking for another national coach then...!

To play without a striker is,in football terms,completly morally wrong and a statment to the players that they are utter shite.Don't think I have ever seen a team ever play without someone up front.In the history of Scottish football that will go down as one of it's lowest points.

It's not even a good way to defend ... with no one up front - even a lone striker - there's no out-ball, no way to stop the opposition keeping coming back at you all the time.

I've no doubt there are some teams that can play that formation - no doubt Levein saw it somewhere but I'd imagine these would be teams who can hold onto the ball in midfield for long spells without needing a forward. British teams can't do that. You have to choose tactics that suit your team.

Stupid, stupid, stupid tactics by a manager who thinks he's a lot smarter than he's anywhere near being. And a waste because we've actually a few decent players at the moment and could have had a go at them - it's possible to do that without being too gung ho and leaving the defence exposed.

Edited by Mr Bunny

It's not even a good way to defend ... with no one up front - even a lone striker - there's no out-ball, no way to stop the opposition keeping coming back at you all the time.

I've no doubt there are some teams that can play that formation - no doubt Levein saw it somewhere but I'd imagine these would be teams who can hold onto the ball in midfield for long spells without needing a forward. British teams can't do that. You have to choose tactics that suit your team.

Stupid, stupid, stupid tactics by a manager who thinks he's a lot smarter than he's anywhere near being. And a waste because we've actually a few decent players at the moment and could have had a go at them - it's possible to do that without being too gung ho and leaving the defence exposed.

This.

Levein is using the national team for the benefit of his ego. His arrogance is breathtaking considering his system backfired on him.

It would have been a travesty for the future of football in this country if he had managed to get the point he came for playing that way. We'd have been getting endless lectures on how Levein is a visionary.

I would sack him now and get Craig Brown back in the job. I never really appreciated him until he was gone.

100% correct.

Imagine how annoying it must be to get a bit of space 30 yards in your own half and looking up to see 5 Czech players still in front of you and 10 Scotland players behind you! Thought individually the players were ok considering the tactics they were asked to play.

I would not disagree with any of your post but in particular the point I highlighted. It borders on the ridiculous watching a team attacking with 4 men in a line with no forward runner!

I could not believe what I was watching last night cos I had never seen it before probably !

I will never understand how any team can defend a game hoping for a draw ( which is embarrasing to begin with ) when they play with a set up which takes absolutely no heat off the midfield / defence.

Anyway it wouldn't be Scotland if things were straight forward. Looking forward to a Kenny Miller goal in a single goal victory against a tired and worn out Spanish team lol.