Season Tickets For Next Season

Getting these sold early is something that people always talk about as being very important so good to see that flyers giving information about them were being handed out today (some dodgy looking characters doing that). For those who did not get one or could not make the game the details are as follows (I am sure the club will be getting this info out on the website and in the post soon):

Season Ticket Prices are frozen; discount vouchers included again; payments can be spread over 3 months - £85 in May & June then £90 in July for adult tickets and £55 in May & June the £50 for concession tickets; buy your ticket before 31st July and get 3 months matchday highlights for free; payments by cheque, standing order and credit card.

Given the financial situation it will be important to make sure that the club can get as many of these sold and the earlier that is done the better. A positive ending to the season (although it was a disappointing one overall) will hopefully help with this.

Maybe it's just me but I cannot see the advantage in paying by instalments. Why not wait until July and pay the whole lot?

If you wait until July then pay £260 the club does not receive any money during May and June when there is no other money coming in but if you pay by instalments then they receive some cash during that period and that is when the manager would ideally be looking to sign targets before other clubs snap them up. It is also something that many fans have said they have wanted since a one off payment at that time of the year is difficult so if it means that some people who could not afford to buy a season ticket can now get one then that is a good thing. To the person who can afford to buy their ticket in a one off payment then it probably makes no difference but given the current financial position for a lot of people the option of spreading the payments will be welcome.

buy your ticket before 31st July and get 3 months matchday highlights for free

So the club are going to be charging for all match highlights next season?

I do hope they will then have commentary on it and will be making these highlights available within 36 hours instead of the current 5-6 days after a game just now.

So the club are going to be charging for all match highlights next season?

To be fair, it was always their stated intention to charge for highlights when they were re-introduced. It's just taken a while to get the payment mechanism in place. (If the old forum was still running, I could dig out posts from the time which confirm this.)

Think of it as a free trial for the last 12 months.

As I understand it, there will be a "basic" highlights package and an enhanced package with longer coverage, interviews etc. No doubt full details will be released in due course.

If more attention is to be paid to the highlights coverage then, despite the cost, which will hopefully be modest, I expect this will be a good thing for Nomads and others who can't make it to games as often as they'd like.

I don't buy a season ticket when they come out, purely for financial reasons, but I could see myself getting some sort of 'rest of season' ticket for my birthday in September.

I bet there's plenty of others who could get a 'rest of season' ticket for their birthdays and Christmases (conscious of dodgy grammer/spelling here... :P )

Obviously, the price of these would be on a downward sliding scale as the number of home games left diminishes over the weeks, but I reckon it could earn money for the club.

I don't buy a season ticket when they come out, purely for financial reasons, but I could see myself getting some sort of 'rest of season' ticket for my birthday in September.

I bet there's plenty of others who could get a 'rest of season' ticket for their birthdays and Christmases (conscious of dodgy grammer/spelling here... :P )

Obviously, the price of these would be on a downward sliding scale as the number of home games left diminishes over the weeks, but I reckon it could earn money for the club.

:o

My problem with the instllments option is the timing of the payments. I'm on a budget and have allocated all of my money for May but the BOD expect there to be enough flexibility in our finances to fit in an £85 payment on the 21st. I'm not sure if im alone in this but i'd prefer it if payment dates were able to be adjusted. I'd buy a ST if I could pay on 1st June, July and August but I just cannot afford the rigid structure currently proposed. I missed two home games this year due to holidays - i can guarantee the BOD a similar return from me next season but this will have to be paid at the gate from me. I will join the Centenery fund by way of giving more to the Club, but thats all I can do just now.

the test is when the renewal forms are sent out from the club

I've received mine in late june before so there will have to be some sort of turnaround if they want them out in may to get some money in

great idea tho'

Edited by three jags

Getting these sold early is something that people always talk about as being very important so good to see that flyers giving information about them were being handed out today (some dodgy looking characters doing that). For those who did not get one or could not make the game the details are as follows (I am sure the club will be getting this info out on the website and in the post soon):

Season Ticket Prices are frozen; discount vouchers included again; payments can be spread over 3 months - £85 in May & June then £90 in July for adult tickets and £55 in May & June the £50 for concession tickets; buy your ticket before 31st July and get 3 months matchday highlights for free; payments by cheque, standing order and credit card.

Given the financial situation it will be important to make sure that the club can get as many of these sold and the earlier that is done the better. A positive ending to the season (although it was a disappointing one overall) will hopefully help with this.

Nice to get season ticket renewal form in nice and early this year must be easily 6 weeks ahead of last season. Now all i have to do is get a job to pay for it.I see on the forms sent to me that season tickets are staying at last years prices and that the cost of paying into games is going up makin it beneficial to get a season ticket. Has anyone any idea how much it will cost to now pay in per game :unknw:

Should it not maybe be pointed out on this thread that the information on the flyer put out by the club was WRONG!

The two dates that were incorrect have been pointed out by the club in the letter that went out with the forms and on the official website and you have pointed it out on this thread.

I was writing the cheque for my season ticket today (the only thing I still use my chequebook for these days) and was looking back at the cost of this over the last few years.

18/06/01 - £195

08/06/02 - £250

12/06/03 - £260

11/06/04 - £260

03/06/05 - £225

2006 - That season must have been paid online.

29/04/07 - £240

02/06/08 - £240

01/06/09 - £260

15/05/10 - £260

Given the fact that during that period we have gone from the SPL to Division 2 and back to Division 1 the prices have remained fairly static, I am paying the same for my season ticket this season as I was 7 years ago - anyboby know what a loaf of bread or a pint of milk cost 7 years ago and how it compares to current prices?

• 1 month later...

Paid for my ticket online in instalments in May. First one came off fine. Nothing last week, when the 2nd should have come off.

Then I get an email (generic one) saying I had to renew by 30th June otherwise I couldn't be guaranteed my seat.

Called up the club and had someone take a message because the Chief Executive (wtf) was dealing with online sales and he would call me back.

A week later no call back so I go to phone the club. No answer. Then I see a message on the website saying there is no office staff until July 5th!!! I bet I don't get my seat that I've been in for 15 years now.

Utter, utter shambles. The customer service truly is diabolical. If there is a wrong way of doing things and ******* it up, Thistle will surely find it.

Edited by 1876Jag

Similar situation to you 1876Jag ...

I paid by check (in the mail) last month (cleared the bank at the end of the month - checked that online) and waited patiently a couple of weeks for season ticket to arrive. No dice so I emailed the club to ask what happened. No reply and like you found I couldn't get on to them to chase them up about it as they're all off on holiday.

So still waiting and I've no idea at the moment if they've sent it out or not - I presume not unless some postman's pinched it but why would he be so masochistic?

Similar situation to you 1876Jag ...

I paid by check (in the mail) last month (cleared the bank at the end of the month - checked that online) and waited patiently a couple of weeks for season ticket to arrive. No dice so I emailed the club to ask what happened. No reply and like you found I couldn't get on to them to chase them up about it as they're all off on holiday.

So still waiting and I've no idea at the moment if they've sent it out or not - I presume not unless some postman's pinched it but why would he be so masochistic?

It seems the season tickets may not have been posted out yet. Like the others in this thread, my cheque was sent weeks ago, and has been cleared, but nothing has happened since. However, after all these years I should have become accustomed to Thistle's eccentric way of doing business! I still find it irritating in the extreme though - it's as if they actually want to drive customers away. Two years ago I tried to order online, but after much delay and hassle decided it wasn't worth the effort, and that using the old fashioned method - Royal Mail - would be simpler. But of course, at Partick Thistle nothing is ever simple is it?

I bought a season ticket over the website with the monthly installment option. My last installment is due on the 16th of July and i e-mailed the club 8 days ago asking if i would have my season ticket by the 10th of July, so i could use my 10% voucher for the home top and also to make sure i have it before the Bristol Rovers game. No reply so tried phoning them a few days ago and it went to an answer machine. Just going to need to wait and see i guess...

I havent renewed yet and doubt I will be either, I'm going out on placement from Sept to Jan and have been informed that I might need to work a fair few Saturdays :(. Re the Clubs lack of service recently, shambolic and most likely another attempt at saving some money during the summer months!

• Members

Was up there today to get my S.T. Amii is on holiday and there are volunteers helping to keep things going in the office. I recall seeing at least 6, maybe 7 folk there including Eddie Prentice and Robert Reid.

I stopped to chat to a couple of the folk I know and all the calls that came in whilst I was there were answered promptly. I believe it's a fairly new phone system though so perhaps that could be the root of the problem? I've never had a problem contacting the office staff and they've always been able to help. Some of the Directors have been a different story right enough!