Season Tickets For Next Season

• Members

I bought a season ticket over the website with the monthly installment option. My last installment is due on the 16th of July and i e-mailed the club 8 days ago asking if i would have my season ticket by the 10th of July, so i could use my 10% voucher for the home top and also to make sure i have it before the Bristol Rovers game. No reply so tried phoning them a few days ago and it went to an answer machine. Just going to need to wait and see i guess...

I got a reminder letter from the Club today saying that the booklets will be available for pick up from Firhill on the 10th between 10:00am and 3:00pm to coincide with the launch of the new strip. There will be a Greaves discount voucher included in the booklet.

Was up there today to get my S.T. Amii is on holiday and there are volunteers helping to keep things going in the office. I recall seeing at least 6, maybe 7 folk there including Eddie Prentice and Robert Reid.

I stopped to chat to a couple of the folk I know and all the calls that came in whilst I was there were answered promptly. I believe it's a fairly new phone system though so perhaps that could be the root of the problem? I've never had a problem contacting the office staff and they've always been able to help. Some of the Directors have been a different story right enough!

It's not the phone system, as I got through last week.

I'm not having a go at the staff, everyone's entitled to a holiday, but the lack of a call back or contingency planning is non-existent.

It was the same situation a couple of years ago at the Rangers games. The system they have in place is shite for dealing with anything relating to tickets and sales.

Will it not be from the day of the strip launch (10th July) as this is when they are available to pick up?

Also, I've just realised I am no longer guaranteed the same seat as last season. Somehow I don't think will be a problem...

• Members

Will it not be from the day of the strip launch (10th July) as this is when they are available to pick up?

Also, I've just realised I am no longer guaranteed the same seat as last season. Somehow I don't think will be a problem...

The date's been extended (10th July IIRC), so you should be ok.

I've called the club 3 times to try and make the instalment payments for my seaeson ticket and keep getting the answer machine. Have left messages but no-one calls back! Getting totally fed up with the poor customer service!

Ditto - although I have also had my name taken twice, credit card at the ready, only to be told the person dealing with it isn't in (fair enough, although how difficult is it to process a credit card) with the latest promise on Monday that 'someone will definetly call you back today'. I'm still waiting.

As far as I'm concerned they can whistle for it - we're struggling to offer players contracts yet I've tried so many times to give them money and they don't seem that bothered!! If they want the money they know where I am!!!

However thanks to Jordanhill Jag for his email last week. Your courtesy is appreciated. Shame it's others who are letting the side down.

Edited by 1876Jag

I really can't believe this. Tearing my hair out.

Finally got someone to call me back on Friday. I won't have a go at the girl, it wasn't Ami, but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was doing. In fact despite me leaving a message detailing exactly my problem, she didn't seem to knwo why I had called. That isn't her fault, communication being as it is at Firhill I'm not surprised.

After prompting her to take my credit card details and how much I'd already paid (which she should already know) and paying in full (the installments thing has generated a lot of discussion elsewhere so I won't go into it) I have now been overcharged. Not by a lot but enough to reinforce my opinion that it's amatuer hour over there..

Cue another phone call tomorrow. If this thing had been handled right at the start, I would probably have just let them have the money. Not now.

And next year I'm paying at the gate. I can't be arsed with all this again.

I really can't believe this. Tearing my hair out.

Finally got someone to call me back on Friday. I won't have a go at the girl, it wasn't Ami, but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was doing. In fact despite me leaving a message detailing exactly my problem, she didn't seem to knwo why I had called. That isn't her fault, communication being as it is at Firhill I'm not surprised.

After prompting her to take my credit card details and how much I'd already paid (which she should already know) and paying in full (the installments thing has generated a lot of discussion elsewhere so I won't go into it) I have now been overcharged. Not by a lot but enough to reinforce my opinion that it's amatuer hour over there..

Cue another phone call tomorrow. If this thing had been handled right at the start, I would probably have just let them have the money. Not now.

And next year I'm paying at the gate. I can't be arsed with all this again.

Of course it's amateur hour, pretty much everyone who helps out at Thistle other than Eddie Prentice and Ami are unpaid volunteers. We've seen the reaction when people get paid by the club to work in the office so God forbid the club take on anyone else or there'd be even more complaints.

If by not much you mean £3 then I imagine that'll be the charge for paying by card.

"Hello Mr X? Sorry there's been a problem with paying by installments, could you give me your credit card details and we'll sort it out"

That is a 1 minute phone call - this took 4 weeks to sort a number of phone calls by me. It doesn't require an army of admin!!!!

I am in correspondence with the club and publicly apologise to the lady involved, who as it turns out was a volunteer. However, my remarks about communication still stand - it is still supposed to be a business after all, not a charity and it's still crap customer service.

As for the charge I'm well aware there is a charge for paying by card. I've been charged it twice.

• Members

As for the charge I'm well aware there is a charge for paying by card. I've been charged it twice.

Sounds like a bit of a mix up on how to charge when paying by installments. I'm guessing your paying by instalments on your credit card and they've charged you each time you've used the card?

It's a shame those volunteering to help the Club are being put under pressure this way and it's not really their fault. As I understand, a lot of the fans are helping either. I've heard stories of fans renewing and marking on the application form "same seat as last year", not leaving phone numbers, etc, etc.

Some folk rightly get it in the neck at the Club, but we have to give volunteers a little leeway.

Happy to give a little leeway - it's not the volunteers I have a problem with. The club is not helping them to help supporters properly.

Jordanhilll Jag and others have been good enough to communicate through this site in a courteous and helpful manner; it's a shame they are being let down by those in power at the club.

Took in my cheque and my form at about 6:45pm and after a bit of faffing about involving the lovely girl at the till, the till and the finacial supremo got my ticket handed to me there and then!

Looks like it was being slightly better run tonight than on the open day.